F#cking Excellent Acid House

Modeselektor / Moderat

Started by Ben_j, Jan 14, 2016, 20:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Who's excited about a new Moderat album and tour ? They'll be releasing their third album on April 1st (it's not a joke !)
Moderat was one of the best show I saw in 2014.

Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016, 20:45 by Ben_j

As for Modeselektor, I've seen them something like 8 times and it's one of the most entertaining electronic music act to see live, especially when they're performing with their VJ friends Pfadfinderei.

New track : Reminder  ;D

Last Edit: Mar 29, 2016, 15:06 by Ben_j

First show of the tour was tonight in Paris. It was awesome! I also got to buy the album 3 days before street date at the merchandising booth, and I love it. "Intruder" is the best track of the album in my opinion. I've been playing it on repeat.

Album leaked ten days ago. I haven't been listening to it as much as I could have. There's also a Live In Berlin album. Maybe that was being sold at the gigs too?

I struggle to make out the lyrics at the begining of Intruder (...they come passing by...), and later on it just seems to be "when I sleep at night". Perhaps this is Moderat's equivalent of "Enter Sandman". I like it though - the melancholy piano line and the pulsating groove. It's probably my joint favourite with Finder - one of those tracks that leaves me wanting more. Overall I'm not sure I'm gonna like this album as much as II.

Just realised they have a London gig on 2nd April which is sold out. I missed them last time too. D'oh!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I discovered them recently and liked them so much that I exchanged an Underworld ticket for a Moderat ticket. I'm going to the show tonight

Quote from: Joslyn on Mar 29, 2016, 11:52

I discovered them recently and liked them so much that I exchanged an Underworld ticket for a Moderat ticket. I'm going to the show tonight

Woah. That's an endorsement and a half.
If I were to acquire an album to listen to while I'm working today, where should I start?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I really enjoyed "Bad Kingdom", but don't know anything about their albums

no idea, no idea

Thanks! Nice Koze remix of that tune too ^

I guess I'll get all three and see what happens.

Bad Kingdom actually reminds me a little of Bob Moses. Sultry house.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 29, 2016, 14:31

Woah. That's an endorsement and a half.
If I were to acquire an album to listen to while I'm working today, where should I start?
II is their best album in my opinion, but all 3 albums are excellent. I'd say start with the first one, it'll get you hooked !
You can listen to "A New Error" on the first post of the topic, which is the first track of the first album, and the best introduction to Moderat possible :)
Bad Kingdom is a good track but far from being in my favourites.

Quote from: Joslyn on Mar 29, 2016, 11:52

I'm not the biggest Underworld fan so I can only encourage this ! The show was amazing, you'll have a great time :)
Last Edit: Mar 29, 2016, 15:07 by Ben_j

Well that was amazing. It's really cool to see an Electronic band play live. You can see them manipulate the bpm on the beats and pitch on the melody. The vocals and (bass) guitar add to the live experience.
Also bought II and III

Next thursday Underworld (yeah, only exchanged my extra ticket  ^-^)

Really great album! Strong, melodic and breaks.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 29, 2016, 01:06
"Intruder" is the best track of the album in my opinion. I've been playing it on repeat.
Agreed. I'm too playing it on repeat.
Hi Kevin!

III is now out, and the instrumentals and bonus tracks are there too on streaming platforms ^^

Also, quote from an interview on their live setup :

I re-programmed some sounds we used the modular for in the studio. It's nice because you have much more modulation moments. We have one part in a song, which we call the 'Chemical Brothers part' as it's full of modulation."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/moderat-on-the-gear-that-powers-their-live-set-641035
Last Edit: Aug 11, 2016, 18:29 by Ben_j

Nice. I'll probably be going again in october

Will go in september at Moscow.
Hi Kevin!

I wish they had Intruder in the video :( Or the 10 minutes of techno improvisation.

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 05, 2016, 12:55

The little synth melody around 0.35 on Reminder...reminds me of the intro to Skream's remix of In For the Kill. Just sayin'.

IT'S MORNING TIME!