Remember, Remember, No Geography

Can someone name these tracks for me

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Jul 31, 2018, 01:18

Previous topic - Next topic
МДМ Listening to an old raveland set and I wanna know a few songs.

Song Timestamps:
9:38
11:29 Incisions - Breakdown
22:48 The Disciples - Underrave (Used to own this song but lost it in a move 5 years ago)
24:36
27:58
43:09
can anyone help me out?
Last Edit: Aug 01, 2018, 08:06 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I laugh and cry at the same time. It's one of this old-school-rave-russian-party's in late 90's (this is actually from 29 march of 1996).
Shazam is not working for this stuff. Maybe some of this is really produced by not well known russian Techno producers.
I can go deeper into it if you want.
Hi Kevin!

Some baaad rave tunes here (and I mean bad as in bad!). So this is what Russians were raving to in 1996, eh?

The one at 11.29 is Breakdown by Incisions. The "brass" blasts you can hear around 12.04 were heard on quite a few rave tunes circa 94/95/96 like this
tune.

22.48 is Underrave by The Disciples. Personally I blame Human Resource's 'Dominator' for popularising Hoover rave. It was fun for five minutes in 1991.

The rest of them: don't know and don't wanna know!

I can tell you that the track at 1hr,13mins is Take Me Away by Jimmy J & Crue-L-T. But I realise you didnt ask about that!

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 31, 2018, 03:01

Some baaad rave tunes here (and I mean bad as in bad!). So this is what Russians were raving to in 1996, eh?
Don't you dare talk down THE German rave and techno legend from Berlin, Marusha!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 31, 2018, 10:27

Don't you dare talk down THE German rave and techno legend from Berlin, Marusha!

:o . Oh yeah, the MC guy says her name numerous times on 27 mins (and it's in the video title)! What language is she speaking to him in on 28 minutes, lip readers?
Funnily enough I was thinking the tunes were quite "Happy Hardcore" and thought Somwhere Over The Rainbow might fit in there somewhere. I don't think it's on the video though.
She played to some BIG crowds
. Can't fault the enthusiastic atmosphere.
Speaking of old skool enthusiasm, this tweet has been doing the rounds. The comparison probably isn't fair (Superclub v Ibiza daytime party), but there's probably something in this:
https://twitter.com/stevetrendall/status/1023238031883624450

*EDIT*: Ooh, just noticed Flash by Green Velvet on 30 mins. I actually saw Green Velvet perform this track semi-live at a festival once. It doesn't come across well on the video, but it's quite a fun 
of a track.
Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018, 12:25 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 31, 2018, 03:01

Some baaad rave tunes here (and I mean bad as in bad!). So this is what Russians were raving to in 1996, eh?...
I come back from a day at Wildwaves to get my balls busted over this? I need (another) vacation. So what, I like garage rave.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Aug 01, 2018, 08:08

I come back from a day at Wildwaves to get my balls busted over this? I need (another) vacation. So what, I like garage rave.
Hey, you got some answers! I don't even get thanked?  :-\
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Well, obviously you haven't been to Wild Waves

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 01, 2018, 10:52

Hey, you got some answers! I don't even get thanked?  :-\
You're right, I'm sorry. Thanks for the answers.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 01, 2018, 18:46

Well, obviously you haven't been to Wild Waves
what do you mean?

it means some people are ignant potatoes

who harshes someones mellow after a day at the water park?

Even Napoleon Bonaparte knows what's up :

Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 19:48 by Bosco

I was caught off guard but I did apologize. Plus it was Packed over there, a 30 minute wait on most slides and rides, especially an hour wait on the roller coaster.

love bill & Ted tho

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Aug 04, 2018, 05:37

I was caught off guard but I did apologize.
He doesn't mean you, he means me!
And If I had known you'd been to the waterpark there's no way I would have poked fun at your choice of rave tunes.
IT'S MORNING TIME!