Hey Boy

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 16, 2023, 01:30
Hope everyone enjoyed Pi(e) Day yesterday.

[Top left - Lemon Vanilla Bean, Top right - Marionberry, Bottom - Chocolate Hazelnut]
Oh man, I'm on a 5 day fast right now and this almost broke me!  ::Y

Did you do this yourself? If yes, it would be real cool if you could share recipes!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 16, 2023, 13:31
Did you do this yourself? If yes, it would be real cool if you could share recipes!
I'm afraid not. They're from an excellent place that is DANGEROUSLY close to our apartment called Pie Spot.

I did used to make a bunch of pies back in college, but I just don't have the time/patience to make pastry anymore :(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Irish people of the forum, tell us the truth: your president is secretly a Leprechaun, right ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 27, 2023, 19:35
Irish people of the forum, tell us the truth: your president is secretly a Leprechaun, right ?
What do you mean secretly? Everyone knows that!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Life has been downhill for me for a while now, but this year in particular sucks. However, the live footage from the recent gigs has brought numerous smiles to my face.

Like, not all at once. That would be weird. But yeah, several instances of smiles when there were none for a while.

Why I'm posting today. My son is 14 now : some of you may remember my posting way back when he was a little dude toddler singing 'Doodie Head" instead of Do It Again. Where do the years go, right? At this point he's familiar with much of the catalog, and though he would never make his own CB playlist, he doesn't complain like a teen if I have them on. Anyway, I had some of this week's concert footage on YouTube on our main TV (blaring in the Bose speaker) and he apparently had never seen videos of them live. (He actually did, for the Don't Think DVD, but for today he thought this was all new to him). That, and the visuals and footage we watched from this tour are very crisp. He said, calmly but firmly,  "HOW CAN YOU EVEN WATCH THIS? The lights! The bass! The chaos! Who is the teen and who is the middle aged guy?!? Are you on drugs?"

Cue the 'Awkward Look Monkey Puppet' meme...

Awkward Look Monkey Puppet meme format.

... but no, I was not on drugs while watching the Chemical Brothers with him today.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Apr 19, 2023, 21:40
Life has been downhill for me for a while now, but this year in particular sucks. However, the live footage from the recent gigs has brought numerous smiles to my face.

Like, not all at once. That would be weird. But yeah, several instances of smiles when there were none for a while.

Why I'm posting today. My son is 14 now : some of you may remember my posting way back when he was a little dude toddler singing 'Doodie Head" instead of Do It Again. Where do the years go, right? At this point he's familiar with much of the catalog, and though he would never make his own CB playlist, he doesn't complain like a teen if I have them on. Anyway, I had some of this week's concert footage on YouTube on our main TV (blaring in the Bose speaker) and he apparently had never seen videos of them live. (He actually did, for the Don't Think DVD, but for today he thought this was all new to him). That, and the visuals and footage we watched from this tour are very crisp. He said, calmly but firmly,  "HOW CAN YOU EVEN WATCH THIS? The lights! The bass! The chaos! Who is the teen and who is the middle aged guy?!? Are you on drugs?"

Cue the 'Awkward Look Monkey Puppet' meme...

Awkward Look Monkey Puppet meme format.

... but no, I was not on drugs while watching the Chemical Brothers with him today.
Well... he *is* 14! Didn't you know that kids know everything (and know what YOU should be doing) at that age? ;)

That's pretty funny though. My son has absolutely razzed me for the Chems in the past from a young age. And as a grown ass man he still pokes fun at me geeking out on the Chems. He was razzing me a bit at Portola, too, LOL 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Do you guys remember Wordle? Some time after Wordle got popular they made Heardle, and at around this time last year I've made a ChemBros version of Heardle! It's been on ice for a little while but now it's back hehe.

The whole deal is, you get one second from a Chemical Brothers Song and have to guess which one it is, and it refreshes daily with a new song! Try it out if you like hehe

https://thechemicalbrothersheardle.glitch.me/
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Youtube is showing me a new "cover" for the Soulwax remix of HBHG on the official Chems chanel

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 06, 2023, 19:35
Youtube is showing me a new "cover" for the Soulwax remix of HBHG on the official Chems chanel

Csar spotted this back on 28th April here - a bunch of new thumbnail/cover images for Chems tracks. I'm guessing that someone at Universal has decided to tie Chems tracks in with the (European/US) summer season when people go to Festivals or to Ibiza, Majorca and Benidorm too, where they might just dance to HBHG, BRB, GTKO etc. These new images are bound to make a huge difference...right?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm not sure there's a definitive list of the answers to this. But you might get them all anyway. Maybe I have under the spoiler.

There are 30 Bands depicted in this picture. Name them.

Spoiler
The Eagles
B*witched
T-Rex
Arctic Monkeys
Texas
The Zombies (?)
Four Tops
One Direction
Oasis
Rolling Stones
Pet Shop Boys
The Police
Guns n Roses
Shed 7
The Wallflowers or The Vines (?)
Garbage
Atomic Kitten
Soundgarden
Smashing Pumpkins
Alice In Chains
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bucks Fizz (?) - the wine glasses
Pearl Jam
The Cranberries
Salt n Pepa
Cream
The Beatles
Radiohead
The White Stripes
Thompson Twins

Do I have nothing better to do on a Sunday morning? Well I've already done Wordle - in 5 cos it was tricky! So, no...

PS: I opened the image in a new tab and enlarged to about 170%.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Muse announced more UK shows - well needed seeing as I wasn't going to go Milton Keynes to see them. Debating on going to the planned O2 shows (would be nice though - would be three concerts in three consecutive months that I've got planned out!), but I think it should be worth it  :)
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

I've seen them a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, even if rock music isn't what I typically listen to these days, so I'd say go for it!

Ticketmaster has screwed me over with these prices. Looked up how much the tickets are roughly going for for the Monday O2 date, don't know what I was expecting with Ticketmaster being responsible for selling these tickets but blooody hell. Think the lowest was around ~£110, and that was for even less than stellar seats. Gonna have to give them a pass. 

Fuck Ticketmaster. 
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

WHERE IS THE "NOT FINAL ARTWORK"-THREAD?
no idea, no idea

As I wrote in the other thread, I think there's probably some work being done behind the scenes.

I hate when theres work behind the scenes while i wanna talk about Ellie not beeing mentioned in the For That Beautiful Feeling tracklist  ;)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 19, 2023, 15:30
WHERE IS THE "NOT FINAL ARTWORK"-THREAD?
Quote from: Stefan on Jul 19, 2023, 16:14
As I wrote in the other thread, I think there's probably some work being done behind the scenes.
Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 19, 2023, 16:29
I hate when theres work behind the scenes while i wanna talk about Ellie not beeing mentioned in the For That Beautiful Feeling tracklist  ;)

::yell

I'm sorry. This is a bug in SMF. When boards are renamed they're not immediately visible to non-admins until I press "modify" a second time. I forgot about that issue. Even @Joslyn got confused and thought we missed the Chemplosion.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 19, 2023, 16:59
This is a bug in SMF.
It's always the others. And then you have the guts to drag Joslyn into it.

no idea, no idea