Surrender to the Void

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm listening to a good quality leaked BITE!!! 11 marvellous tracks!!!! I hope the deluxe edition arrives soon to Argentina... Any of the major disc stores here has replied my messages. And I'd really love to hear Wo Ha and Direct Buki, as well as the extended versions. Amazing album, it's what I expected! Long live The Chemical Brothers! And I hope you all have your vynils and cd's tomorrow!
Can't stop playing it!!!!
You are all my children now!

Listening to the leaked version as well. Don't judge me judge judy, I will buy the album tomorrow too ofcourse but like I said earlier I have no will power.
I have tears in my eyes and Radiate is playing. that's all I will say right now.

Are you Chemical Reaction? You haven't tried to wind anybody up recently!

Does this mean you no longer agree with your comments around the time of Pleasure/Through Me about how it was all going a bit crap?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Hey!! Just released in my country! Listening to legally bought Deluxe copy!

Cheers!
Hi Kevin!

Got mine in the 'States. Deluxe copy as well. Listening now, very excited.

Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 21:10

Does this mean you no longer agree with your comments around the time of Pleasure/Through Me about how it was all going a bit crap?

Chemreact...sounds like he's tryin't to wind you up first. 

The forum and album are too new exciting of a time for bickering, right? :music
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Hearing Just Bang for the first time. I love this. :o

Hope nobody minds the live-blog style entries. My wife and kids don't give a shit about this CD, and I've got no firends that are fans besides you guys.  And I feel like sharing.

I enjoyed Reflexion very much, and Taste of Honey is as disappointing as promised. It really breaks up the album. I'd like to taste an instrumental and see how I feel about it. Born in the Echoes (track) is okay. Hoping the album ends strong.

Radiate  is cool and Wide Open seems like a track that will grow in the ranks with more listens. I really dig it, and its happy feel does envoke Royksopp as Sandelic said. It kinda reminds me of first hearing Hold Tight London and Surface To Air: I don't think it is as strong as those two, but I remember how new and different they sounded the first time I heard them. That's how Wide Open made me feel.

Overall, I like the album. The first seven tracks are killer. Just Bang and Reflexion are early favorites along with Sometimes I Feel So Deserted and Under Neon Lights. I can't wait to relisten to EML Ritual and I'll See You There , and Go has grown on me in time for the album.

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 16, 2015, 22:02

The forum and album are too new exciting of a time for bickering, right? :music
That's what I thought about the Facebook page...until yesterday.
Quote from: satur8 on Jul 16, 2015, 22:31

Taste of Honey is as disappointing as promised. It really breaks up the album. I'd like to taste an instrumental and see how I feel about it.
I like it more than TINAG. Does the CD say who does the vocal on that one? I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The deluxe version tracks are cool. I prefer Wo Ha of the bonus tracks, and Go of the extended versions. Reflextion 's extended mix sounded very similar to the original to me, but I've only heard each once and am looking forward to multiple listens.

I can't wait to get Direct Buki and the Special Request remix of Go,  but for now, I'll play this over and over for days.

One more note. I noticed the lack of overlapping songs on this album. I was surprised there wasn't  a single transition between songs like previous releases, but the flow between tracks was nice and this wasn't a detractor.  It was just different.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 23:10

That's what I thought about the Facebook page...until yesterday.I like it more than TINAG. Does the CD say who does the vocal on that one? I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere.

Yeah, the FB stuff was strange. I was on that thread.

Forgot about TINAG...it was forgettable regrettable. Yes, Taste of Honey is better. The liner notes credit Stephanie Dosen and Chenai Zinyuku on vocals.

This album feels out of order and there is little cohesion. The theme of this album seems to be disconnect? There is a feeling of emptiness in the fullness (which is actually a good thing, as bad as it sounds). Expectations were high and I am happy with the experience. The album's best part may be the fact that pronouncing the song name acronyms phonetically is a fun pastime.

I REALLY LIKED THIS ALBUM. I HAD A LOT OF ISSUES BUT THIS ALBUM IS GREAT.

SIFSD - Sometimes I Feel that when I listen to this song, I am listening to retro Chems. This rivals Chemical Beats for me. Great vocal, the buildup through the distortion stages is appreciated. I wish this was elsewhere in the album. It has that, "Ok, I know it is the middle of the album, but here is a driver that will keep on pumping." The ending was abrupt. It was like when you are taking a really nice, hot shower. The water is just flowing on you and you keep turning the temperature up a little, lowering it to wash your hair for quick cool downs. But then, as you get to that really nice, relaxed spot, someone flushes the toilet and your water turns ice cold. You are like, "COLD MAMA HELP" Then it becomes time to...

Go! - The review tie in I made was unbelievable. This version of the song is not. Production is great, but the Edge of Control version is my preferred version. Q-Tip had a frog in his throat with this song. Perhaps he likes to knit and this song is really about his desire to knit his own damn way, with butterfly, smoke, fire, and cross hair patterns. There are a lot of background stabs and stuff that were awesome. Bump them up in the mix! Starting with this song and going into C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. (or vice versa) would have had a great motif. "We are The Chemical Brothers. We are here to make you... GO!"

UNL - Hot mama. All I want is a view tonight of St. Vincent, eye to eye, and face to face. Oh, this is a song. This is an excellent song. Everything works. This is one of those songs where you will need to listen to it many times to hear its quirks.

EML - You know, but you don't understand. You were told you can't comprehend. You thought it was something someone said somewhere. So long, I don't know what to do. I am doing to lose my mind. I am going to....

DO IT AGAIN. The loud blare sound is Tom putting the do it again vocal through a lot of processing and at a higher pitch. The 16 beat transitions should have been 8. The synths are cathartic. Seriously, the intricacies of the distortion processing tickles my higher frequency cilia. Bless those Chemical Brothers.

TFISYT - This is my favorite song on the album. The layout could have been different (like the live version), but I have listened to this at least 20 times in the last day. Big song for my big heart on. Ringo does a fantastic job on the drums. What is he? 70? What compressor on the drums? Fairchild? Best drum aesthetic production since DYOH (the song).

Just Bang - Acid Detroit Tech House.  Bang. Let's Bang? TechNO. Let's Dance to This Song, INSTEAD. Imagine if SWIPER THE BEST SONG were to be incorporated in this one. I don't think I would ever listen to another piece of music again. I would never be able to handle anything again. The peak of existence would have been reached. Seriously, dance your little heart out, Tony Dancer. Chemical Brothers, don't make dubstep, just make this stuff. If Kandi Rave Kids cannot handle it, that is because IT WAS MIXED WITH SWIPER. Or, because their parents forgot to forward money to their "Savings" account that they totally are responsible with. Save nothing, millenials. Spend all of your hard earned cash at Starbucks and for Molly. Whether Molly is your girlfriend or someone else's girlfriend, you should let her know that her name is associated with drugs. "Goddamnit. I just legally changed my name from Lucy. Previously, I was Mary Jane. Can't catch a break. Oh, I should call myself Krokodil."

Reflexion - What is that repetitive rolling click noise in the left channel? It annoys the shit out of me. It is all I can focus on. Is this on purpose? This song is so great, but this sound draws my attention too much. The fact that it is mixed "in the front" and the synths we should be focusing are mixed toward the back.... OH GOOD IT WENT AWAY. Distortion woooooooooo. Woosh woosh woosh, I also know how Deadmau5 uses a peak controller to woosh woosh. Fuck, the clicky washboard wannabe is back. Is this the Berlin Washboard? "Oh, we found this synthetic washboard sample on this E-MU sampler that we found while clamming in the Thames. We had to use it. The name Reflexion references what we would see if we stared straight at a glossy washboard." Great song, but that noise bugs me. Look how much I talked about it. Or don't. Do what you want.

Taste O' Honey - I stuck my tongue out hoping to have a synesthetic (sure, that's a word) reaction. I can safely report that I actually had one. I tasted the toxins of a bee's stinger. Very bitter and medicinal. The start of this song samples Tom when he was pretending to be a vuvuzela. I love his voice. Now, contrary to popular belief, you actually can receive honey without having any money. Of course, you need to be a beekeeper, but that is so easy to become. There should be a special Binaural version of this song. This is a fun song. I enjoyed it a lot. ABRUPT ENDING YAY.

BITE - Me. This would have been a great opener. Then Go. Then C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. This song is about a bat, by the way. Cate Le Bon is an old school vampire. She discusses where she would wake up, but never actually reveals where. The answer is a coffin. Another stellar offering from The Chemistry Brothers. Also, this really piggybacks on the whole zombie/vampire/werewolf/fairy craze of the last 7 years. Salmon Dance wish it got those drums, but it is about a fish and not mythological creatures. Sorry Fatlip, you are no Le Bon. Go find a man named Simon and make a fusion band.

Radiate - Vel. O. Dradiate. I wish Tom Rowlands did not make fun of stuttering. Tom Rowlands references something he cannot see, so he asks for it to radiate. Love is a code word for the radiator in his basement. This should have been the end. Slow, melodic, and very calming... Uplifting, sappy, and fun for the whole family! Just Radiate Your Radiator To Me.

Wide Open - Wide Open and Radiate need to switch spots or something. Instead of critiquing Wide Open, I will discuss possible facts about it. The song contains both The Chemical Brothers and Beck. Wide Open could be in reference to such things as a door being open all the way or one's splayed legs after taking the best bowel movement of their life. The song contained a BPM of around 123, possibly even 123.4 to keep with the 4x4 motif presented throughout the whole piece. Beck's voice goes through some vocal processing. The song uses drum samples that mimic Daft Punk's Face to Face / Chem Bros' own Believe. The song contains chorus both in song structure and in audio processing. Beck also notes that lots of things are getting away from him. Perhaps he is a slow runner? The possibilities are... dare I say?

Let Us Build A City - This is Rowlands channeling his inner Underworld. Vocals are really fun, floating in the back. This is PTB Era in spirit.

Wo Ha - Woahhhh haaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like a high person getting a joke. "If you press play, the music will begin and the crowd will dance." "Wooah huh?" The drop is dropped. "Woahh haaaaa." The falling pitch of pitches, along with the drifting chimes leaves me with a feeling of woe. How this song does flow haaaa. Like a falcon being called by its trainer, my mind needed to be called back to reality via, "wo!" Tom used Tom drums well in this.

Direct Buki - EBW 6 + LL Cool J. Really fun techno-y and acidic synths. The tight usage of hi hats keeps with the tech house feel that this album has at times. The 1.5 beat through an LFO or whatever synth that is in the back just keeps me goin'. This is even more sinister than EML! Direct Buki-p on repeating this song. This would be so cool live. Just Bang + This live would cause my eyes to implode and my ears to become the size of Dumbo's. I would then be able to finally experience the elevation that The Chemical Brothers wish to provide me. As I fly off into the night sky, I can speak directly to the Brothers, quoting the last line of Direct Buki.... Goodbye, thanks to all of you!
Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 16:51 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 16, 2015, 23:18

Forgot about TINAG...it was forgettable regrettable. Yes, Taste of Honey is better. The liner notes credit Stephanie Dosen and Chenai Zinyuku on vocals.

Thank You! Well the main vocal doesn't sound like Ms Dosen to me, maybe she's on the echoey bits around 2.04(?). It seems Ms Zinyuku was on the X Factor back in2005]. She mentions her Chems vocal on her own website. Perhaps this is the start of bigger things for her! I think the voice makes the track, and I kinda like it.

Oh, CHEMBASE TEAM is there a way of linking this youtube video without embedding it? I tried to to turn "2005" into a blue link but it just ended up embedding the video
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 23:49

Thank You! Well the main vocal doesn't sound like Ms Dosen to me, maybe she's on the echoey bits around 2.04(?). It seems Ms Zinyuku was on the X Factor back in2005]. She mentions her Chems vocal on her own website. Perhaps this is the start of bigger things for her! I think the voice makes the track, and I kinda like it.

Oh, CHEMBASE TEAM is there a way of linking this youtube video without embedding it? I tried to to turn "2005" into a blue link but it just ended up embedding the video [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESHrUrhGJLQ].[/url]
Woooorking on it. I foresaw this being a problem and thought there was a tag to prevent it auto-embedding (nobbc), but that tag would also kill the URL tags, so, it's pretty self-defeating. I'll see what I can do.
Never for money, always for love.

Whitenoise you're alive! Still in Europe or back in the USA?
Now that release date has arrived (kinda), maybe we'll see more of you. Quick reply by the way. Impressed.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 17, 2015, 00:05

Whitenoise you're alive! Still in Europe or back in the USA?
Now that release date has arrived (kinda), maybe we'll see more of you. Quick reply by the way. Impressed.
Not dead! I'm officially home as of yesterday, ended up on an unexpected mini-family vacation the day I personally got back from mine. Cue Madonna's Ray of Light, eh?

I have a lot to tell and a lot to fix up around here too, you'll be seeing me plenty again. :)
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jul 16, 2015, 23:21

TFISYT - Ringo does a fantastic job on the drums. What is he? 70?
It's Ringo Starr? Or are you just kidding?

Whether Molly is your girlfriend or someone else's girlfriend, you should let her know that her name is associated with drugs.
Is your review associated with drugs?

Reflexion - What is that repetitive rolling click noise in the left channel? It annoys the shit out of me.
I noticed that too. WTF?! Maybe you're not high after all!

Taste O' Honey -. The start of this song samples Tom when he was pretending to be a vuvuzela.
No, I think you're high again.  And may the World Cup never return to South Africa.

BITE - . Sorry Fatlip, you are no Le Bon. Go find a man named Simon and make a fusion band.
Ummm...

Radiate - Vel. O. Dradiate. I wish Tom Rowlands did not make fun of stuttering.
Oh is that what he's doing? The stuttered bit doesn't need to be at the end of the song for me. So...yeah.

Wo Ha - Woahhhh haaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like a high person getting a joke.
When you say "person", you mean you. Right?  ;D
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 21:10

I'm a changed man/boy now. Plus new album is here so its better to spread positive vibes before the dark side takes over. I don't know what that means just saying it because it sounds cool. What I said about something someone somewhere still stands true. It was what I felt at the time and made me go on a rage, there is a lot of new music to fuck with so there won't be much interms of intense hate comments. Plus I was on some next level drugs back then....anywAYS.....

That review by androidgeoff is funny!!! Kindda makes me wanna get high now but I think just listening to the music at night on "beats by dre" should be enough. I'll try to formulate a review, I'm not particularly good at it though.

Last Edit: Jul 17, 2015, 01:32 by chemreact

Wide Open and Radiate need to switch spots or something.

On a second listen, I may agree these two should swap places. However, I think I like Wide Open more than androidgeoff...but that whole review rocked.