I See the Sun Now

Röyksopp

Started by ThePumisher, Sep 09, 2016, 11:13

Previous topic - Next topic
First new song in two years

Röyksopp feat. Susanne Sundfør - Never Ever

Not happy with this at the moment, maybe i need a couple of spins.
no idea, no idea

Yeah I've heard better 80s retrospective dance tracks out there. this is a bit bland for them.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Hm, I'm not impressed either.
First song in two years? There was Bounty Hunters last year, which is really great ;-)

I wish epple didn't go atonal so soon

Incredibly excited that these guys are back. Maybe I'll actually get to catch them playing before they 'retire' again??
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Another new track. Really love both of them

The new album is fucking excellent. I'm so in love.

It's a beautiful amalgamation of so many different looks they've had over the years. Notably the crazy stunning synth textures of The Inevitable End, the harder techno vibes of Bounty Hunters, and the relentless beauty of their long form tracks like Church, Don't Go, and Alpha Male.

I highly recommend checking it out.

It's another one of those albums that has a delay between its 'release date' and when the physical version is out - but I'm definitely heading to the local to grab it in a couple of weeks time.

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 04, 2022, 02:20

This got me excited for new album.

Also, relentless beauty of Alpha Male? Beautifully put.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 04, 2022, 02:20

The new album is fucking excellent. I'm so in love.

It's a beautiful amalgamation of so many different looks they've had over the years. Notably the crazy stunning synth textures of The Inevitable End, the harder techno vibes of Bounty Hunters, and the relentless beauty of their long form tracks like Church, Don't Go, and Alpha Male.

I highly recommend checking it out.

It's another one of those albums that has a delay between its 'release date' and when the physical version is out - but I'm definitely heading to the local to grab it in a couple of weeks time.

Your glowing endorsement led me to give the track a listen, and it absolutely makes me want to hear the rest of the album.

Holy shit. I just found out that this new album is part 1 of a 3 part series, tentatively penned for later in the year.

I fucking love 2022.

Also, super glad my gushing inspired you to give it a listen!

listened to this a couple times this week. feeling it. looking forward to the other two!
Eight or over.

Same remix EP that Enjoyed delved into in Now Playing. Different track and remixer.
It does a sort of Lil Louis French Kiss slow-down thing around 5:20

Röyksopp & Alison Goldfrapp - 'Impossible' (&ME Remix)

(&ME is part of the Keinemusik crew - I posted a couple of tracks from their debut album in Now Playing a little while ago)
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2022, 00:22 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Finally listened to Profound Mysteries II yesterday (been down with a bad bout of the Rona so pretty behind on music listening).

Röyksopp firmly moving up the ranks into the top 5 of all time.

(aka downtempo TDTYF)

I love this one, which reminds me a lot of Melody AM/Eple

A third album has been announced (I always thought it was just 2) and still they come up with masterpieces

And that awesome snippet :

Is apparently based on that insane track they used to play live as long as 10 years ago :o
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2022, 13:31 by Ben_j

And here's the full track

Probably the most gorgeous piece of music I've heard in recent history.

Crazy for one band to hold the top 3 spots for best albums in 2022.