Who's Hungry?

Fans' echo of Born in the Echoes

Started by Csar, Jun 07, 2015, 21:59

Previous topic - Next topic
TEST

It's beyond great. It's monumental. It's better than Jerk Chicken. It's the best album ever. They're doing it again! That album wipes the floor with Guetta

Why don't you do another Dig Your Own Hole? I want the old Chemicals back. They're getting old. Tom lost all his hair. Where's Ed?

This album will contain
Spoiler
a hidden track. Well, no, just kidding

Guardian seems to like it:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/607614539908136960[/tweet]

TABLE TEST

Album #
Name
Annotation
Album #1Exit Planet DustLife's so frigging sweet
Album #2Dig Your Own HoleHad my private psychedelic reel
Album #3SurrenderSeen the sunshine underground go by
Last Edit: Jun 18, 2015, 07:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

And the Toyota Echo becomes the official Chems fan far

(Not really, just an image functionality test)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

This is a fantastic thread.

I feel like I'm reading through a foreign culture's reaction to The Chemical Brothers that also happens to speak English.

iHappen two shbeek forrain cultshure!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Looking forward to seeing reviews of the album. We already heard about half of the album! So far it's been promising.

And then there's the Whirly review, in which I must have  a cup of coffee and sit outdoors to get the full reading effect and enjoyment.

My god....our last album review was 5 years ago.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 01, 2015, 21:03

We already heard about half of the album!

Hmm. So tracks 1,2,3 are the singles. Tracks 4 & 5 have featured in recent gigs, track 7 has featured in gigs and also DJ sets for some time.
And then there's the "Freak Freak y'all" track which I suspect will be track 6, "Just Bang". So it appears we have heard 7 out of the 11 tracks on the standard album.

Incidentally are you aware that the Beatles did a song called A Taste Of Honey, which sounds like this:

The tune was originally an instrumental. I'm kinda hoping the Chems track isn't a cover version

The most famous version was by Herb Alpert though. I wonder if I can get  a third youtube clip embedded in one post.

Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 08:40 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

:))  are you kidding? I think it would be hilarious if it was a cover!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Seems that Taste of Honey has nothing to do with the above tune (surprise!). It re-uses instrumental elements from This Is Not A Game but has completely different vocals; "If u dont have no money, you wont get no honey".

IT'S MORNING TIME!

My sister once gave me these slippers:

Hi Kevin!