Started by Explud, Jun 25, 2018, 12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow / Surface To Air ?

Yes
Yes
Oui
Ja
Yes
Most important moment of the show: to knock on the octave kitten synth, as if Tom is scolding.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Crosscrops on Jun 30, 2018, 00:51

Link to the Facebook group?

Here buddy!

EDIT: Forgot it was a closed group. DM me and we can sort it out!
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2018, 01:27 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Here my recording for immediate re-listening.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/sw45fx
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just arrived home! Always good to watch the boys, even though the sound on the festival wasbt quite good, you couldnt make anything out of Believe. Really like the new UTI, that acid bassline is so immense! New tracks are cool too, it was a good night, now i'll watch it on tv  ;D

My one gripe with the new setlist, the opening is a tad underwhelming. I think they need to start with something a tad more powerful, then go into "Go." The way it is at the moment just feels it's not starting on enough of a high to ignite things, especially after the amazing Tomorrow Never Knows intro.

The question is... what would be THE track to kick things off that's not already in the set? Perhaps Music: Response or Come With Us or some mash up of both. Hey Boy Hey Girl is a great opener, but I like the way Gotta Keep On mixes into it later on in the set. Or go old school like Loops Of Fury mash up days?
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2018, 02:56 by neorev

I think you could make a good argument for a lot of tracks to be an opener. But I imagine it's important that they grab the attention of an audience that's not so familiar with their back catalogue and play a relatively successful commercial hit to kick things off.

@Bosco
I hear ya. I just never knew "Go" was their big commercial hit.

I imagine Galvanize was a bigger hit than Go, but that's too much Q-Tip to kick off the show.

Quote from: neorev on Jun 30, 2018, 03:42
I just never knew "Go" was their big commercial hit.

Such a commercial hit it was used in a commercial!

Quote from: Csar on Jun 30, 2018, 01:15

thanks for the smaller version. I got almost half way til I had to wait for the internet to catch up again. I assume all of us were enjoying it at the same time from forum group link as well.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Csar on Jun 30, 2018, 01:15

Damn, now to scratch uploading off my list, at least I can chop it up into segments and add it to my archive.
Quote from: Ford on Jun 30, 2018, 04:51

Such a commercial hit it was used in a commercial!

No disrespect but what's this jake paul/matt smith looking ass doing in the a PS4 commercial?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: neorev on Jun 30, 2018, 03:42

@Bosco
I hear ya. I just never knew "Go" was their big commercial hit.

I imagine Galvanize was a bigger hit than Go, but that's too much Q-Tip to kick off the show.

My view of 'Go' could be biased due to the fact I thought it was poised for more success than it ultimately found (nor do I think it was properly promoted. [Thats for another story!]). But, I think 'Go' was moderately successful. I might be stretching the definition of 'commercial hit' but like Ford provided, it found itself in quite a few adverts and other forms of media.

I agree though, Galvanize is the bigger hit. It found success in all the same ways as "Go" but has performed better. This could be because of it's longer exposure to the public, so this might be something to revisit with 'Go' 10 years after release. But the industry is a lot more fickle than when Galvanize was released.

The funny thing is, I can't say I've heard either track on non-satellite radio and I'm in a fairly big market (Chicago).
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2018, 06:09 by Bosco

How about C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L as it worked great for dj sets. The used a similar build up last night pre go

can we address the broken LEDs on the poor red robot's eye.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: neorev on Jun 30, 2018, 02:47

The question is... what would be THE track to kick things off that's not already in the set? Perhaps Music: Response or Come With Us or some mash up of both. Hey Boy Hey Girl is a great opener, but I like the way Gotta Keep On mixes into it later on in the set. Or go old school like Loops Of Fury mash up days?
Like I said somewhere else before, I would love them playing the single 93-03/ Tomb Raider version of Galaxy Bounce melted into a chems' unique live cut. That intro is kicking butt and really would make for a great build-up to get the crowd moving.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 30, 2018, 03:37

I think you could make a good argument for a lot of tracks to be an opener. But I imagine it's important that they grab the attention of an audience that's not so familiar with their back catalogue and play a relatively successful commercial hit to kick things off.
HBHG was a real good opener, but i think it fits in between the set like they have done yesterday (oh how i love that segue). As i said, Galavanize.
For us as "fans", we could also imagine the likes of Dust Up Beats => Loops Of Fury, or Come With US or Music:Response

Quote from: TEDCHEMICAL on Jun 30, 2018, 06:45

How about C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L as it worked great for dj sets.
I don't think that could work. Or only as an couple of seconds intro.
no idea, no idea

Wahoo, I love the new take on some "classics" of their live tracks.

Surface To Air is so good no matter the arrangement, proof IMO that is an excellent song.

Thanks for the audio.
To those who managed to record the livestream, can you tell me in MP the software you used ? I may give it a try next time.

I mostly agree with Bosco's comments on Go. In the UK it was kind of a sleeper hit. It kept popping up on TV trailers, football montages, commercials and even... on the radio.
I think it makes sense to start off with a reasonably recent, upbeat track that a lot of people know. Then you can move onto the brand new material and the real 'oldies'.
I got the impression that the crowd knew the track last night (at a festival where it may not be a pure Chems crowd). It's a track that literally says "Go!". I see why they're using it at the start.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Damn, you were all drinking beer while watching this? I was at the gym on stairs for like 80 minutes. I just wanted a place where I'd be left alone with WiFi...

There were a lot of good facial expressions from the audience that'd make good gifs. I'm thinking back to Ben_J's old avatar.