Get Up On It Like This

2015 - Montevideo, Uruguay

Started by Skylined, Dec 02, 2015, 14:42

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm back, and guess why!  :)

Yesterday they had some technical problems and we had kind of a new live version of Do it Again.  :)
Great show I really enjoyed it!  :music

Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015, 16:52 by Skylined

If they will start the show like this, it can be the bomb! They should take note! Fuck the intros, HBHG and Galvanize

P.S. But not the AW!
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015, 22:27 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

HOLY SHIT.
Never for money, always for love.

Oh my god, this is great! They sure got out of this one perfectly
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Can imagine hopefully even more experimentation with the set with ED back on board!  ;D
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2015, 05:58 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Local news.

http://www.teledoce.com/telemundo/cultura-y-espectaculos/primavera-0-dance-funk-soul-y-house-en-el-velodromo-municipal/
http://www.elobservador.com.uy/rendidos-el-ritmo-n701443

According to the last link, the problem was the power generator that was in charge of the audio.

In the first video that I've posted you can see Tom making gestures like "I don't know what happened, sorry".
In the second video, we were told that they had found where the problem was and that the show was going to be resumed in 5 minutes, and they did. :)
We all knew that it wasn't their fault, that's why you hear people saying "Uruguay noma'", that's like saying "Go Uruguay", in an ironical way of course, knowing that it was somebody else's (uruguayan) fault.
Last Edit: Dec 05, 2015, 12:56 by Skylined

Quote from: Skylined on Dec 05, 2015, 12:51

Local news.

http://www.teledoce.com/telemundo/cultura-y-espectaculos/primavera-0-dance-funk-soul-y-house-en-el-velodromo-municipal/
http://www.elobservador.com.uy/rendidos-el-ritmo-n701443

According to the last link, the problem was the power generator that was in charge of the audio.

In the first video that I've posted you can see Tom making gestures like "I don't know what happened, sorry".
In the second video, we were told that they had found where the problem was and that the show was going to be resumed in 5 minutes, and they did. :)
We all knew that it wasn't their fault, that's why you hear people saying "Uruguay noma'", that's like saying "Go Uruguay", in an ironical way of course, knowing that it was somebody else's (uruguayan) fault.
So, you're from Uruguay! Cool! Well, yeah, something like this can happen. It's actually the second time this year (during EML in-- was it Miami?). You may not have gotten a special setlist but a special event for sure ;D. Who else could say they got Do It Again played with a Juno-solo intro?! Great to see how Tom, Ed and the crew can pull things off in circumstances like these! Excellent.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So the new name for the tour can be:
The Chemical Brothers Live 2015 - Bad Generator Tour
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Dec 05, 2015, 17:33
It's actually the second time this year (during EML in-- was it Miami?).
No it was at the Cabaret Vert festival in France. It's an ecologic festival so that can explain the weak generator :D

Yeap, I'm from Uruguay.  :)
But I'm not a new user, I had a user years ago, but I noticed that the old forum is gone.
I tried to find my old posts but couldn't find any of them.

I know that things like this may happen, nothing is perfect, I wasn't upset at all, I was worried because I thought that they weren't going to be able to continue with their show.

I have more pics and videos, but I think those 3 that I've posted are the ones that stand out from other videos and they're really unique. :)

It's always impressive, that even with the power cuts during their show, they have that ability to make a perfect comeback all the time. Truly great.

Quote from: Skylined on Dec 06, 2015, 01:08

Yeap, I'm from Uruguay.  :)
But I'm not a new user, I had a user years ago, but I noticed that the old forum is gone.
I tried to find my old posts but couldn't find any of them.
I know and do remember you! You once had this inlay cover from Prodigy's Jilted as an avatar.

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 06, 2015, 00:31

No it was at the Cabaret Vert festival in France. It's an ecologic festival so that can explain the weak generator :D

Right!

Here's another longer video (in 3D?) also covering the power cut.
Last Edit: Dec 08, 2015, 11:39 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I didn't know there are Chems vids in 3D!
Gracias!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I watched it with a Google Cardboard, it wasn't great. The ratio seems off, the framerate is low, the quality isn't all that good, and at that distance of the stage, 3d doesn't bring anything at all

Looks pretty good on my 3D TV, there is a depth to the room, nothing spectacular, of course
Quality is on the low side, but quite ok for a yt video
Sound is surprisingly good   :)
And that power failure was hilarious, I don't remember something like that happening to Brothers before... did it?
Last Edit: Dec 08, 2015, 16:43 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Csar on Dec 08, 2015, 11:36
I know and do remember you! You once had this inlay cover from Prodigy's Jilted as an avatar.
Yeap, that was my signature. :)

My gf went with me, without knowing anything from them and now she keeps singing HBHG.  :D

Visually it was the best thing that I've seen.   :)