You Are All My Children Now

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Grab your free Sonic Mania on Epic, the best Sonic Game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Anybody also super hyped for Horizon Forbidden West?
I played Zero Dawn when it was released on PC and it's my all-time favourite game, so I can't wait for the sequel  :)
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2022, 22:01 by Stefan

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
First one was really good, with interesting story and great music, not to mention gameplay.
If you've seen new gameplay, it looks like it's a step further.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Even though I think the one of the main story points is quite weak, overall it was interesting, I loved exploring the world and what I really look forward to is meeting all the great and well-written characters again. Plus the gameplay is loads of fun, I don't expect Forbidden West to be any different in that aspect.

Now I'm interested to hear which part of the story felt weak to you.

Spoiler
That Aloy is a clone of Elisabet Sobeck and therefore pre-destined for her part in the events of HZD. This "the hero is chosen by fate" is a bit of an overused trope in stories, I think. Aloy is incredibly well written and I think the rest of the story would've worked well enough with her just being a "normal" person and becoming the hero by chosing to face challenges.
However it didn't bother me much, I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Spoiler
I think it functions well within the story. GAIA had, to stop the HADES, self-destruct and clone of Elisabet was only way for her to reboot and purge HADES, since Elisabet had access privileges.
If she was just a normal person she could not have helped GAIA in any way.
I thought that 'mysterious signal' that came out of nowhere, hundreds of years after the extinction, and messed all of GAIA's subordinate functions and turned them into AI was a weak point of the story. Maybe some explanation in new game would make sense.

Spoiler
Well, of course it is central to the story and everything was written with this in min. I'm just thinking the story could've also been written without the clone element.
I think I'll have to read up on the story of Zero Dawn again, as I've already forgotten about a mysterious signal. Now's a good time to refresh my memory before the new game comes out  :)

A few hours in, I love being back in the world of Horizon!

All the buzz around Forbidden West got me giving another shot at Zero Dawn. I initially played the first couple hours a few years ago on PS4 Pro and wasn't really hooked. I bought the game again on Steam and started from scratch again, and I'm now 15 hours into the game, completely hooked this time. It's such a beautiful game, with an intriguing story, tons of stuff to do, and great gameplay.
Here are a couple photos I took :

I also wanted to do a replay of HZD in the months leading up to the release of Forbidden West, but I never really found the motivation to commit to another playthrough (first one took me ~120 hours to complete everything).
Yeah, the first part is also stunning. I never fast travelled anywhere and instead walked or rode and took in the great landscapes and environments  :)
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2022, 11:23 by Stefan

Yeah. Got the email from Bandcamp about it.
Weird acquisition. Bandcamp says not much will change, but we'll see. I really hope they don't get tanked by this. Bandcamp is the only place I've ever bought digital music from, knowing that a significant portion goes to the artists (especially on Bandcamp Fridays) - I hope that remains the case.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

:o

Once that LeChuck theme hits, a flood of memories washes over me. That looks great. I really hope this isn't hindered by Disney's influence in any way.

I can't return Elden Ring because I slightly went over the 2 hour playing time window, so no refund. The controls miss alot of hit detection so you have to lock the camera to kill baddies, but when on horseback, I'm literally next to someone I want to kill ( on my right side) and I'm sword swinging nothing but air!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey Guys! I really didn't know where to post this and this topic is kinda fitting
InstantReigen has made a Chemical Brothers heardle!
A heardle is a game where you have to guess a song by hearing the first seconds of a song, you only get 6 attempts to guess it. Each song will get updated daily. Enjoy !!!! ^^  ;D ;D
https://thechemicalbrothersheardle.glitch.me
(Some of the songs might not be available in some countries as it uses SoundCloud instead of Spotify)
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Apr 24, 2022, 16:19

Hey Guys! I really didn't know where to post this and this topic is kinda fitting
InstantReigen has made a Chemical Brothers heardle!
A heardle is a game where you have to guess a song by hearing the first seconds of a song, you only get 6 attempts to guess it. Each song will get updated daily. Enjoy !!!! ^^  ;D ;D
https://thechemicalbrothersheardle.glitch.me
(Some of the songs might not be available in some countries as it uses SoundCloud instead of Spotify)

fun, 1/1 so far. Now I got my daily Wordle and Heardle.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 25, 2022, 19:29

fun, 1/1 so far. Now I got my daily Wordle and Heardle.

I just tried Wordle for the first time on Monday (BTW, wouldn't a 5-letter game name make more sense?). Mostly because I was tired of seeing people tweeting pics of funny little coloured squares and not having a clue why. Smug f***ers.
Imagine posting this!

Wordle 313 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
IT'S MORNING TIME!