Ohm Sweet Ohm

Upcoming Dig Your Own Hole 20 year anniversary speculation and or suggestions

Started by Bosco, May 25, 2016, 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: neorev on Apr 10, 2017, 02:17

My only issue is Block Rockin' Beats and Elektrobank being £12.47 each. A bit pricey for a several track EP. In case you wanna save a couple of pounds, if you purchase the tracks separately, it'll actually be slightly cheaper.
Crumbs. You can buy these CD singles for pennies from Discogs or Amazon, and I suspect many of us have. With the possible exception of the radio edit of WDIB, I see no reason to buy any of these. I'm actually offended that they think they can charge that much for old, previously released material.

Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 03:44 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah,the prices for those two are a bit absurd. Where Do I Begin is only a couple of pounds and Setting Sun is a little over £3. It's pretty dumb if a release costs less if you buy the tracks individually.

The tracks are also released on Spotify with the odd exception of Setting Sun.
All cd singles are in my collection so no new music here for me.

is the edit version of where do i begin really just fading out like in that vid?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 10, 2017, 08:00

is the edit version of where do i begin really just fading out like in that vid?

Yes. The original version Isn't on the promo

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 10, 2017, 08:00

Well, no. The edit version's intro is about 30 seconds shorter, and the peak is about 30 seconds shorter too. It gets to the "jackhammer" beat or whatever you call it and then fades out. Edit version also doesn't have the intro sound effect (but you can still hear the tail end of it at the start).

I'm happy to finally hear it even if it's just an edit... I've tried putting Where Do I Begin on a lot of mixtapes but it's tough to handle the runtime and outro / annoying to have to do my own fade. So this is nice. But it's also not that interesting of an edit... all of it could be done in a sequencer using the album version.

Also, having both mixes of Not Another Drugstore on Elektrobank is pretty weird. I mean, they're the same song for 4 minutes. Planet Nine is cool as a curiosity / trainspot from the Anti-Nazi mix, but it doesn't really add anything alongside the original mix.
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 11:42 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

If some effort had been put in, perhaps the full length version of WDIB could have had the Reel intro/segue properly removed. Might have made it an interesting curiosity for fans/completists.

Oh look, I've just spotted the Live 05 EP on Spotify. Never heard that before.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

All of this stuff re-released on iTunes/Play Music.
I'm listening it free, 'cause i have a subscription on Play Music, which costs about 2 or 3 bucks for month in Russia :)
Hi Kevin!

The UK 7Digital store has only 3 of the 4 singles, no Setting Sun for some reason, in FLAC. Elektrobank and Block Rockin' Beats are only about 10 pounds on there. The Setting Sun single is on 7Digital but as its original '97 release, not dated with April 10th, 2017 like the others.

Junodownload has them as well, but don't look that much cheaper than Qobuz.
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2017, 18:43 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Apr 04, 2017, 16:28
a slew of B-sides and extra tracks from the Dig Your Own Hole sessions
Can we agree that differentiating "extra tracks from the Dig Your Own Hole sessions" from "B-sides" totally implies the release of some demos and unreleased songs? Had my hopes up.
Never for money, always for love.

Hey guys, I have this awesome aged steak. Im going to marinate in A1 sauce and cook it in the microwave for y'all.

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 11, 2017, 15:08

Hey guys, I have this awesome aged steak. Im going to marinate in A1 sauce and cook it in the microwave for y'all.

Applebees?

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 10, 2017, 20:23

Can we agree that differentiating "extra tracks from the Dig Your Own Hole sessions" from "B-sides" totally implies the release of some demos and unreleased songs? Had my hopes up.

Same feeling here :(

Both Sound of vinyl as Five rise records don't have Buzz tracks and Leave Home listed as bonus tracks (anymore??). Thank god for that. So release end of this week...

SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Received this email this morning:

Delivery 1 of your order has been cancelled because payment was unsuccessful. When your order was placed we had an authorization to debit the payment which lasts for a month. When we came to process your order this run out so we tried to re-authorize payment but payment re-authorization this second time was not successful.

Usually when this happens it is because there aren't sufficient funds available but you would have to contact your payment provider to get confirmation on this as we don't get given any specific info when this happens. If you would still like to receive the item(s) please place a new order for them on the site.

A few months back my CC was stolen and I got a new one with a new number.  Through all of the chaos of that debacle I completely forgot to update payment for this purchase so I guess it's technically my fault.  But I would have at least thought they would have tried to contact me via email first to tell me my payment wasn't going through before cancelling it.  Instead they just went ahead and cancelled it and now I can't re-order it.  If anyone has an extra or knows a way to get a copy to the US for the same price or close to it as I paid before that would be amazing! I paid about $35 US Dollars.  Any help would be appreciated. I've been anxiously awaiting this album all year!
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2017, 13:47 by Shotglass75

Since it's uncertain there is no bonus tracks of any sort, I might be willing to part with my copy if it's just the original album track listing.

Was there going to be a serial number on these, or at least anything special beyond the silver colored vinyl? If not, it sounds like it was an attempt to throw the EU people a bone after the US only catalog colored release.

I love the album to death, but I already have the Astralwerk's colored copy from earlier this year. Excuse my blasphemy, but it seems pointless to have 4 different copies of Dig Your Own Hole that all have the same track listing...

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 05, 2017, 20:21

Since it's uncertain there is no bonus tracks of any sort, I might be willing to part with my copy if it's just the original album track listing.

Was there going to be a serial number on these, or at least anything special beyond the silver colored vinyl? If not, it sounds like it was an attempt to throw the EU people a bone after the US only catalog colored release.

I love the album to death, but I already have the Astralwerk's colored copy from earlier this year. Excuse my blasphemy, but it seems pointless to have 4 different copies of Dig Your Own Hole that all have the same track listing...

Bosco, if it ends up being just the Silver Vinyl and no real bonus features, if you are willing to part with it, I'd gladly pay you for it.  I guess we'll know soon enough.  Thanks in advance.  Pretty disappointed with how they handled this. The fact that it is limited edition and that it ended up being sold out you'd think they'd make an attempt to contact me to update the payment info. 

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jul 05, 2017, 21:47

Pretty disappointed with how they handled this. The fact that it is limited edition and that it ended up being sold out you'd think they'd make an attempt to contact me to update the payment info. 

This is 2017, professionalism is for the weak.

Bosco is a lifesaver, everyone!  Pointed me in the direction of one for sale on eBay for only a few bucks more than what I originally paid! 

Thanks bud!  I owe ya one!