No Geography

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Mar 11, 2019, 03:47

Captain Marvel.

Goose is the most relatable character in the history of the MCU.
Spoiler
safety spoiler
Spoiler
is it bad that I predicted goose would be the reason for fury's 1 eye?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Watched the first two episodes of The Umbrella Academy, but even though i like Robert Sheehans acting (Misfits anyone?) and somehow find his character Number Five interresting, i don't think i'll watch another episode. Can't really explain, but somehow this show doesn't grab me.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 11, 2019, 11:03

Watched the first two episodes of The Umbrella Academy, but even though i like Robert Sheehans acting (Misfits anyone?) and somehow find his character Number Five interresting, i don't think i'll watch another episode. Can't really explain, but somehow this show doesn't grab me.

I get what you mean but was intrigued how it would play out. I watched it all easily more than the Marvel series' Netflix have made in the past which dragged on more. And liked that it was more of a anti-hero misfit type comic. The SFX with the monkey was well done. Better than some lower rate movies getting made and released in the cinemas.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

saw captain marvel
Spoiler
the movie was 3/4 lengthy origin story and the rest was 1/4 OP hero with really no competition. it was ok! I enjoyed her challenge in finding out who she was, her past memory,etc, and the 90's tidbits thrown around. Its no Iron man, but imo was surprised there was some lack of the characters excitement when discovering her powers. But for the most part, its a solid marvel movie to view. slightly better than the first CA.Post credits was done well. ready for this to all end in Endgame.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Captain Marvel

Spoiler
But at no point in the movie they've explained how she gets the name "Captain Marvel". Did she borrow the name from Mar-Vell, deletes the hyphen and put a Captain before it?

And how did Mar-Vell gets the Tesserract? In timeline history, as far as I remember, Howard Stark fishes it from the depth of the ocean at the end of the first Captain America => then comes the story of Captain Marvel=> and then in the first Avengers movie Loki had stolen it
no idea, no idea

Ok this video doesn't really go in here but I didn't know where to put it, and technically I am watching it at the moment!
Uploaded by Dezeen, who Tom (@chembros) follows on twitter.
Reminded me of Believe live visuals.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ford on Feb 04, 2019, 06:16

Anyone going to give Hanna on Amazon Prime a look?

Loved the first episode.Translates very well from the original film. Karen O is involved in the music throughout the series. Hopping on this bandwagon. Season 1 starts next week on the 29th.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 12, 2019, 22:29

Captain Marvel

Spoiler
But at no point in the movie they've explained how she gets the name "Captain Marvel". Did she borrow the name from Mar-Vell, deletes the hyphen and put a Captain before it?

And how did Mar-Vell gets the Tesserract? In timeline history, as far as I remember, Howard Stark fishes it from the depth of the ocean at the end of the first Captain America => then comes the story of Captain Marvel=> and then in the first Avengers movie Loki had stolen it
Spoiler

S-S
Spoiler
from my theory, maybe they found the ship in the 90s but they didn't have the technology to bring captain america back from cryosleep, and mar-vell was in charge of the first experaments with the tesserract (hence the prototype weapons colson had in Avengers and the Jet that crashed.

plus I'm pretty sure the captain came from her rank in the air force.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 21, 2019, 04:47

Spoiler

S-S
Spoiler
from my theory, maybe they found the ship in the 90s but they didn't have the technology to bring captain america back from cryosleep, and mar-vell was in charge of the first experaments with the tesserract (hence the prototype weapons colson had in Avengers and the Jet that crashed.

plus I'm pretty sure the captain came from her rank in the air force.

Spoiler
I found out. When Howard Stark found the Tesseract at the oceans ground (at the end of the first CA)he brought it to the complex parts of captain marvel plays in. He works there. Mar-Vell also works there, which made it easy for here to get the Tesseract. Still that doesn't explain why nobody missed it at the time it was on the spacecraft.
no idea, no idea

my review for 'Us' by Jordan Peele

'what did I just watch'

Spoiler
what did the 'hands across america' rabbits, jeremiah 11:11, the people living below have to with each other. plot holes and amateur hour scares. I admit the film was more ambitious than Get Out but I sort of had higher expectations for this film.

Half way through the OA season 2. So far well paced and quite intrigued to where it will end up. What kept me going through Season 1 were the characters dynamics (in the suburbs not the enclosures) and how 'real' they just seemed amongst all the crazy shit going on. I always knew it would set up Season 2 for somewhere interesting and hasn't disappointed so far even with the new detective.

I feel like its what Sense8 was trying to do but just lacked that little extra depth and mystery that randomly made sense sometimes.

At the same time I've decided to give Legion (due to directors new movie trailer coming out) a go which is similar territory so my mind will explode upon completion of all of it.
Last Edit: Mar 25, 2019, 01:41 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Mar 24, 2019, 20:03

my review for 'Us' by Jordan Peele

'what did I just watch'

Haven't seen it yet, but I loved the trailer alone for it's use of "I got 5 on it". I remember catching the preview before seeing 'Vice' and it stirred the entire audience. Some of the premise looks cheesy, but I'm willing to play along.

How did you like "Vice", Bosco? I really liked it but also felt a certain numbness after watching it regarding politics, truth and honesty.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 25, 2019, 21:22

How did you like "Vice", Bosco? I really liked it but also felt a certain numbness after watching it regarding politics, truth and honesty.

To be honest I'm having trouble remember the film, so I guess a bit underwhelmed. If I recall, I came out a bit confused of the purpose of the film. But in general, a lot of it is re-hashed information I already kinda knew about Dick, his cohorts, and their ruthlessness. I'll try and rewatch it again and have a little more thorough opinion.

I also remember thinking that maybe this movie was better for a later date, or at least more informative towards a crowd outside of The United States. I think the whole Dick Cheney experience is a little too fresh for Americans to look at without a biased opinion. Perhaps this film will get more notoriety as time goes by. No doubt the conent is pertinent to today, but we are in such a divisive times right now, that this is a tough film to digest for what it is.

Christian Bale as Cheney was uncanny though. And I'm a big fan of the entire cast, within and outside of this film, too.

Ultimately, I don't think I would openly recommend the film.

On the other hand, Adam McKay's previous film 'The Big Short' is definitely worth watching if you even slightly enjoyed 'Vice'.

I'm enjoying American Gods season 2 atm.
And can't wait for Good Omens!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 26, 2019, 03:33

To be honest I'm having trouble remember the film, so I guess a bit underwhelmed. If I recall, I came out a bit confused of the purpose of the film. But in general, a lot of it is re-hashed information I already kinda knew about Dick, his cohorts, and their ruthlessness. I'll try and rewatch it again and have a little more thorough opinion.

I also remember thinking that maybe this movie was better for a later date, or at least more informative towards a crowd outside of The United States. I think the whole Dick Cheney experience is a little too fresh for Americans to look at without a biased opinion. Perhaps this film will get more notoriety as time goes by. No doubt the conent is pertinent to today, but we are in such a divisive times right now, that this is a tough film to digest for what it is.

Christian Bale as Cheney was uncanny though. And I'm a big fan of the entire cast, within and outside of this film, too.

Ultimately, I don't think I would openly recommend the film.

On the other hand, Adam McKay's previous film 'The Big Short' is definitely worth watching if you even slightly enjoyed 'Vice'.
Well, even though I technically knew who he is, his role and intentions behind the scenes weren't that apparent to me which made it an interesting biopic and presented some good context to historic events. I also watched the Big Short and liked it too. A bit convoluted in terms of bank jargon and technicalities but compelling nonetheless!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 25, 2019, 21:22

Vice was a very creatively produced film, but it isn't a very good film. At least, it felt like most of us lived through the events depicted in the film and were very aware of just how evil Dick Cheney is. We knew what he did and the events were well reported on.

The film didn't seem to cover any new ground, and I came away pretty bored.

I was also disappointed, too, because I thought The Big Short was a phenomenal film (mostly the same set of filmmakers), though from what I hear it stuck close to the book on which it was based.

Apparently, they made Hanna into a TV show on Amazon Prime. I don't think they kept our favorite band's music though.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 29, 2019, 10:23

Apparently, they made Hanna into a TV show on Amazon Prime. I don't think they kept our favorite band's music though.
Yes we have a thread about it,. also Inchem mentions it a few posts up on this thread. And I believe Geoff Barrow of Portishead is involved with the soundtrack as well as Karen O whom Inchem mentioned.
Although I made reticent comments about Hanna being made into a TV show, I must admit that so far, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

And now for something completely different (or is it all the same?)
https://twitter.com/Mr_DrinksOnMe/status/1110792077892296704

Last Edit: Mar 30, 2019, 00:44 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!