Got Glint?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 27, 2021, 23:08

I hope everyone is okay. This is absolutely a rough time for all. I certainly encourage everyone to try to remember that love is all, even if people scream about... whatever is on their mind.

Try not to let people get you down, inchemwetrust. You are a bright light in this world--keep shining.

I appreciate that my brother and having my back when the worldly forces never seem to back off. Always being the wiseful sage with the encouraging words, just like when you spoke to me at our last two shows. I never forget.

My company has hit a big turnover in the workforce lately while I'm trying to hold it down and keep the morale in place while putting out alot of fires caused due to our shortened staff. Recently, I just did a 9 day grind while trying to be everywhere at the same time just to help my team get our shit done while trying to pretend that everything is ok ( all of this was happening while we were in the middle of a company audit.😳)  I understand that jobs can put so much stress on people these days, especially during Coivd, plus the workforce has reflected and realized that they don't have to work at their present job when they can find something better, less stressful, and better pay somewhere else. There's tons of 'now hiring' signs out there!

I don't blame them at all for leaving my company due to these reasons.

I'll be fine eventually. But just like that song, 'Got to keep on' right?

On a lighter side, it's good to see the chems back on tour.

Pooter! I hope everything is going good for you over there. Keep sharing that beacon of light of yours to those around you.

And to all of you forumites... sending you Star Guitar vibes where ever you are!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

https://store.primalscream.net/products/the-screamadelica-singles-boxset?fbclid=IwAR0-qMisQi2KcQVaHUgzzy0VMHqjUHzrkuN8AhgUyfIgvRS7N-H9IoZ5knE

I really want this shit, but $166.86 looks better than the $237.78 because of shipping. 

I want to be free to do what I want to do.  And I want to get Primal Scream and not pay lot for shipping.  And maybe have an alright time with a reasonable bedtime. 

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1420574504066109441

Olympic Rave Horse NBC report
(I can't actually watch the embeded tweet video in this NBC article in my territory. No idea why.)

I haven't watched much Olympics this time around but back in 2012 I actually went to the dressage at the Olympics (a friend got tickets, I'm not normally a fan). I remember we couldn't get out of our seat during the routines in case it distracted the horses. I also remember that almost all the chosen music seemed to be from the '80s - sedate stuff like Phil Collins' Another Day In Paradise and Crocket's Theme from Miami Vice.
I concluded that they were deliberately using music that wouldn't distract or unsettle the horses. Nothing with too much bass or "bang" in it.  So, assuming this is real, I'm surprised they've used dance/house type stuff here. Unless they did an "EQ" job on the bass?
Admittedly the horn bit on Calabria has virtually no kick/bass, it's mostly the horn sound and some shaker or high hat. And using Haddaway's What Is Love isn't ecactly banging or "rave"...

Rune - Calabria

Later sampled in this commercial mash-up hit (a guilty pleasure video!)
Alex Gaudino feat. Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2021, 14:15 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We had some recap commentary of Dressage competition from Snoop Dogg and Kevin Hart which was quite comical:

[starts at 1:10-ish]

:))

Jealous you were able to attend an Olympic event back in 2012, but I'm in the crowd where I kinda detest horse competitions at the olympics.

I have caught some of the Olympics, but have been very unenthusiastic this time round. The programing we have available is so focused on highlights and feeding you commercials every 10 minutes rather than getting saturated into any type of competition. I have to go out of my way to see the events I'm interested in (Whitewater Kayak/Canoe, Velodrome, Track and Field, and even have to stream Mens Basketball.)

This is the best thing coming from these Olympics thus far with Music that sounds like a David Holmes joint:

[from opening ceremony]

reminded me of the Chems visuals too

Friends of mine are currently on vacation in Iceland and I was today years old when I learned that Puffins are not a kind of penguin and can actually fly.

Well its official, After several tries and a LONG pandemic later, I finally got my drivers permit (now onto step 2, practicing real driving)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I've been listening to a lot of live sets by the Brothers recently. Last night I played BBC Electric Proms 2007 and remembered how happy I was when I listened to The Boxer.
At that time it was my favorite song of theirs (now it's in the top 3). I went to a cyber café to download the set (I didn't have internet at home), I put it on my mp3, I took the bus and went home... I hadn't seen the tracklist, but I assumed it was a normal set from the 2007.
I get goose bumps when I remember how happy I was when The Boxer came out on headphones.

Yeah, that was epic. It's such an underrated song and it really works well live (except for a seemingly drunk Tim Burgess :D). This should replace some of the "standard" grooves or at least be incorporated at some point in their sets.

Where Do I Begin with Beth was also pretty unexpected and lovely that night. She had a little hard time getting through with her voice because I guess it was freaking loud as always but it was a welcome surprise. Would love my Brothers to be more courageous with song choices every now and then, blasting some of the lesser played or unexpected tunes. Let's start with Silver Drizzle (and not just the intro)!!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 01, 2021, 20:58

blasting some of the lesser played or unexpected tunes. Let's start with Silver Drizzle (and not just the intro)!!!
Talking about this, i've always thought how H.I.A could work so well into a live version, with the build up at the start and that amazing jam, i seriously dont know how a live version hasnt been played
Insomnia.

https://store.primalscream.net/products/the-screamadelica-singles-boxset

I can afford it, but I feel like I should be talked out of this due to the shipping cost. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Sep 14, 2021, 04:00

https://store.primalscream.net/products/the-screamadelica-singles-boxset

I can afford it, but I feel like I should be talked out of this due to the shipping cost. 

Go for it, you only live once.

Speaking of which,

It was just announced Norm Macdonald passed away. My heart is fucking shattered. :'(

Listening to some Norm McDonald standup. We lost a legend in comedy.

Norm's fans on reddit are so awesome. Never have I have been so sad and yet, belly laughing at the same time.

'Norm Macdonald Live', is totally worth listening/watching for those looking for some of his best work. You can listen to it as a podcast on Mixcloud app, they got all 3 seasons of his show on there. Some of the funniest jokes and guests on that show. Now looking back, also sad to see a good deal of guests he had, passed away, too. The Gilbert Gotfried 2 part episode is pretty spectacular.

The cause of death seems so obvious, now. Norm went through a rather peculiar turn of physical appearance over the last 10 years.

RIP

Fuck, I just found out (Via you guys)
Now we lost everybody from the Jeopardy cast, both Alex Trebek, Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds & Now Turd Ferguson. :'(
R.I.P. Norm Macdonald
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

My favorite

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Hey remember Brexit? That referendum thingy that probably influenced the title of the last Chems album?

Here's how it's going!

One: Foreigners taking our jobs?

Two: (the daily (br)express used to be a BIG cheerleader for Brexit. Still is sometimes)
https://twitter.com/Edlon69/status/1440018874343231490

Three:
https://twitter.com/BloombergUK/status/1440006820173656068

Four:
https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/status/1439140575664558081

Ok, Bye!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Its past 9, I'm pissed because Pizza Hut scammed me and never answered my calls, my high is ruined, here's a S >:D >:( :'( post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oA-1oo2PTE&ab_channel=ITSCS117

(I can't seem to figure out which is the best place to put this so here)