I'll Take You Along With Me

New DJ dates 2017 [DJ tour 2017]

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 14, 2017, 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Apr 24, 2017, 22:12

sample found thanks to enjoyed's research:

Forward to 6:22

Coldcut sampled her on their 2001 (?) Re:volution mix for Breezeblock. 

Yeah, played it now, about 24 minute.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 25, 2017, 06:29

Nothing else jumps out at me except vid 6. It's more than just the mind-bending chemicals sample, those harsh sweeps have something to them. But it's such a short clip!

Let's hope more vids come through the gate!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 25, 2017, 10:36

Video 6: we need more of

Italy is around the corner in a few days so I think we can call off the search for now and hopefully ill pop up on YT.

unless you wanna ask Ed on twitter!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 25, 2017, 10:36

Inchem mentioned this in reply 33 where he said "I call it the chirp song. Gotta be a chem trak". Then he replied to himself (#38) to say it's actually Marco Bailey - Wildfires. But I'm not so sure it is that track. Not saying it's Chemical, I just think it's still not clear what the track is.

Shazam just spit out that marco bailey track and i just assumed it was that track, but after comparing the 2, its not a match after all. I think your right Sky! The track is still unknown.

So, the chirp song and vid 6! To be continued!

EDIT: Sorry enjoyed. I forgot to mention 'Free Us' track in my post.
Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 20:53 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 25, 2017, 19:34

unless you wanna ask Ed on twitter!

Already asked. Though specifically about the clearly-a-new-Chemical track, Free Us.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Man, the US is due for a DJ set. There was one date in 2009 and you had to trek to Coachella to catch it. Granted, it was awesome as hell, but were talking 2003-ish is the last legitimate club hop in America.

Come on now...

Does anyone remember the website where we first uncovered the names "Reflexion / Contra" ? Some kind of database of music rightholders

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 29, 2017, 10:39

Does anyone remember the website where we first uncovered the names "Reflexion / Contra" ? Some kind of database of music rightholders
This one? Contra/Reflexion still seems to be the latest thing on there. Not even any BITE updates.

While I'm here, may I add that I'm curious to hear more of that African track from last week.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Do you think they might have played Contra?

Maybe its the free yourself track. Im guessing because bosco or was it enjoyed found that revolutionary snippet inside the track. just a wild guess

I'm 90% sure Free Yourself is a new Chem track, I don't think it's Contra though

It appears the venue was changed from Pala Arrex , which seems to be a more intimate venue than Razzmatazz. Looks like you can get in really
Not sure if the Italians have realised the instagram clip limit has increased from 15 secs to a minute, but maybe they just wanted to live in the moment rather than through their phones.
Clouds - Optic It Doesn't Matter (shit sound!)
(I think)
(other sounds seem to be another track, unless this is a Chems remix?)

EDIT: . At least part of this appears to be
. But there's more going on in there.
EDIT2:

This venue doesn't have cool lazers like Razzmatazz, but it also doesn't have noisy smoke machines. So, swings & roundabouts.
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2017, 10:54 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 30, 2017, 09:40
Clouds - Optic (I think)
Can you really not recognize It Doesn't Matter ? :D

Soulwax -The Singer Has Become a DeeJay (I think)
yep

Soulwax - drums from The Singer Has become a Deejay (other sounds seem to be another track, unless this is a Chems remix?)
Yeah sounds like there's something else with it

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 30, 2017, 09:40

At least part of this appears to be
. But there's more going on in there.

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 30, 2017, 10:23

Can you really not recognize It Doesn't Matter ?
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D right?
Never for money, always for love.

That 'Free Yourself' Track  obviously seems to be a new ChemBros Track! Ed confirmed via Twitter that they see their recent DJ Sets as an opportunity to test out some new material. My question now would be:

Can we seriously expect a new Chemical Brothers album in 2017, at least in 2018? According to their recent interviews, they made clear that they don't want to put that much time into the process of a new album as they did after Further. The gaps between Come With Us, Push The Button and We Are The Night were only 2 years. What do you think?
So let your body rock...

Quote from: orangewedge99 on May 02, 2017, 14:31

That 'Free Yourself' Track  obviously seems to be a new ChemBros Track! Ed confirmed via Twitter that they see their recent DJ Sets as an opportunity to test out some new material. My question now would be:

Can we seriously expect a new Chemical Brothers album in 2017, at least in 2018? According to their recent interviews, they made clear that they don't want to put that much time into the process of a new album as they did after Further. The gaps between Come With Us, Push The Button and We Are The Night were only 2 years. What do you think?
Yeah, my initial gut feelings told me this very likely is a Chemical or at least RAR production. It's got all the chemical trademarks which are one of a kind among electronic music.

Regarding the likelihood of a release of a new album, I wouldn't put my chips on this year. If at all, I'd exepct a new record not before spring/summer next year. Not that I wouldn't get nuts if it came earlier, though, but I doubt it. Have they ever released an album while they were out and about DJing?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 02, 2017, 16:38

Regarding the likelihood of a release of a new album, I wouldn't put my chips on this year. If at all, I'd exepct a new record not before spring/summer next year. Not that I wouldn't get nuts if it came earlier, though, but I doubt it. Have they ever released an album while they were out and about DJing?
Come With Us sorta counts, they were DJing a lot 2001 through 2003, broken up by the tour. And earlier in their history (EPD-DYOH eras) when we don't really have records of when they were DJing, possibly.

I'd say 2018, only because the work on Trespass Against Us and Gallieo would definitely delay work on the album.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 02, 2017, 17:26

I'd say 2018, only because the work on Trespass Against Us and Gallieo would definitely delay work on the album.

Oh yeah, that makes sense! Forgot about that, Tom seems to be quite busy right now...
So let your body rock...

EML preceeded by a high pitched track with a Shepard Tone mixed into it.

EDIT: Same as on Beats 1 mix.
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:06 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 03, 2017, 00:51

EML preceeded by a high pitched track with a Shepard Tone mixed into it.

Really digging that track before EML ! Any ID ?