Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Got my Copy :D
One day before the premiere
and damn the Album is great it haves a nice Further Vibes :D
You gonna love it for sure! :D

I'm listening to it once again right now to better understand each track maybe I will put my review later
Title track is great! and new EOD is great too :D it's different which gave it the different vibes but I love it! :D it's still so groovy!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Apr 11, 2019, 13:35

Oh yeah! :D It's amazing
And what do you think about the final Eve of Destruction?
It feels kinda different but... I like it! :D
It's pretty good, but I think they should've kept the "ha"s. It feels unfinished without them.

Quote from: Hoops on Apr 11, 2019, 13:51

It's pretty good, but I think they should've kept the "ha"s. It feels unfinished without them.

That's the only thing that I will change on that track
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 11, 2019, 12:36

Gravity Drops
Weakest track of the album. Quite empty, goes nowhere... Really feels like a filler to complete the album :(
Yeah it's sh*t! Feels like a bonus track.

The Universe Sent Me
I think it's my favourite track of the album now ! My only problem with this track is that I always hear "Hi Kevin... Hi Kevin..."
I had never seen that Spongebob clip before, and I wish I never had. Thanks a lot Ben_J!!  >:D

Catch Me I'm Falling
Just like Gravity Drops, I'm not too fond of this track. Doesn't really go anywhere, but it has some more interesting ideas than Gravity Drops.
I like Dosen's vocal and I like the male sampled voice too (presumably from one of the many songs Mike Hanks has written). I like the intro sounds and I like the fluttering high pitch synth (Vangelis-y). But yet I'm coflicted about the overall track. Parts of the production sound a bit too "Jan Hammer" for my liking. I feel like there's a better track trying to get out, here. But it's waaaay better than Gravity Drops.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 11, 2019, 13:15

No Geography needs to be longer, but it may be the way it's edited for vinyl (ends side B) and will flow better on CD?
Oh it's short on download too. Imagine paying loadsamoney to have it split over six sides of vinyl!

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 11, 2019, 13:09

the irony is there of protesting 'No Geography' when its already officially released in some parts of the country and only having those bonus tracks available from Japan.  :D ???
Ooh cotroversial. Idealism v reality perhaps. A bit like when the Chems want you to enjoy a shared experience when you see them live, but the tickets are £50 a pop!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 11, 2019, 14:09
Oh it's short on download too. Imagine paying loadsamoney to have it split over six sides of vinyl!
No kidding! I just feel like it ends right before it's supposed to kind of explode into the epicness we've come to expect! After EOD and Bango, No Geography could really take the euphoria to new heights if they let it..

I'm not good in doing reviews, but damn! After two spins I just love this album! My favorite track now is Bango.

:music

イヴ・オブ・デストラクション / Eve of Destruction ☆ゆるふわギャングのNENE参加!
    バンゴ / Bango
    ノー・ジオグラフィー / No Geography
    ガット・トウ・キープ・オン / Got To Keep On ☆最新シングル
    グラヴィティ・ドロップス / Gravity Drops
    ザ・ユニヴァース・セント・ミー / The Universe Sent Me
    ウィヴ・ガット・トゥ・トライ / We've Got To Try
    フリー・ユアセルフ / Free Yourself ☆1stシングル
    MAH / MAH ☆2ndシングル
    キャッチ・ミー・アイム・フォーリング / Catch Me I'm Falling
    ファンタイ / Fantai ★
    ガット・トゥ・キープ・オン(エクステンデッド・ミックス)/ Got To Keep On (Extended Mix) ★
    ザ・ユニヴァース・セント・ミー(インストゥルメンタル)/ The Universe Sent Me (Instrumental) ★

★日本盤ボーナス・トラック Bonus Tracks for Japan
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Apr 11, 2019, 15:34

ファンタイ / Fantai ★
    ガット・トゥ・キープ・オン(エクステンデッド・ミックス)/ Got To Keep On (Extended Mix) ★
    ザ・ユニヴァース・セント・ミー(インストゥルメンタル)/ The Universe Sent Me (Instrumental) ★

★日本盤ボーナス・トラック Bonus Tracks for Japan
Quote from: neorev on Apr 11, 2019, 10:00

Official Japan bonus tracks are...

11 Fantai
12 MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)
13 Got To Keep On (Extended Mix)
hmmm
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 11, 2019, 10:00

Official Japan bonus tracks are...

11 Fantai
12 MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)
13 Got To Keep On (Extended Mix)

Love these 3 ( wish fantai and GTKO got vinyl treatment)

Quote from: toxic on Apr 11, 2019, 15:30

I'm not good in doing reviews, but damn! After two spins I just love this album! My favorite track now is Bango.

Another for Bango!
Can we get 'best track on the album' voting going perhaps?

Btw, just got a tracking number for my album pre-order. Did you guys get that text or email?
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019, 16:07 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

If you ever change your mind about leaving it all behind, remember, remember, No Geography. Me. You and Me, him and her, and them too, and you and me too, I'll take you along, I'll take you along with me.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 11, 2019, 15:38

hmmm

Some Japanese stores listed the tracklisting wrong, but that is why I included a picture of the physical CD with the bonus tracks printed right on it to avoid "What is the real tracklist?" arguments. The bonus tracks I listed are the tracks, no instrumental track.

I wonder if the extended version of GTKO will have the ditched funky synth that was used in Fantai (and that I love so much)

At work right now and thinking about getting home and playing it again. I can't wait! You can put me down too for Bango being the highlight so far.

;)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Two listens, you all know the drill.

It's early afternoon, I'm breaking all the rules. It's time for the Noon of Sittingonyourcouch

SCROLL PAST IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ

MAYBE, DONT LOOK AT THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVENT LISTENED TO THE ALBUM?

"But androidgeoff, I compulsively look at Reddit threads of Game of Thrones when I haven't watched the latest episode. The chance of spoilers... gets me riled up."

No Geography is on the speakers. I've got my map out to chart new territory. We're going to find Dog Planet, and in the process, ourselves.

Geordi, after your Level 1 diagnostic, have Ensign Crusher set a course for Dog Planet. We've heard some distress signals from that area.

Eve of Destruction:
Yo is that an Art of Noise stab?

Incoming message "Help. Our planet is being attacked by Romulans. This is the eve of destruction. Our planet is threatened. Please help us Picard."

Sacrifice is justified. There is a bassline. The signal is breaking. Scanners are detecting life in this album. Humanoid and canine. Interesting

Data "Maybe I'll find a friend. Friendship is based off familiarity."

Troi "... to spend the weekend, on shore leave, Captain, is needed."

Picard "Nonsense. My place is here. My place is Dog Planet."

Nene Hilario, of the Houston Rockets, makes a guest vocal appearance. Get it, big fella. Please take out the Warriors.

If "Here Comes the Drums" were called "Here Comes the Vocals" it would be this song.

PTB era explosion noises at the end! Bongos! Bingos! Bangos!

Bango:

Hey look a transition. I was born in the transitions.
Bingbingbingbingbingbingbangoooo
What is that drum fill from? Is that the same from Free Yourself?
Last 3rd is crazy

"Here comes the bongos"

Cat synths are invading. Their meows and yowls are all over! Set phasers on stun. Prepare to beam up.
Aurora's voice is great on this album. You can have my thunder.

Return of the kitchen table percussion. EML Ritual sends its regards.
Hey, Mr. Ochestra
"Mind bending flutters"

No Geography:

"baby baby baby baby" I mean "aeeeey aeey aeey aeyy aey aeyy" we got another transition boys. Remember...
Radiate meets drums and travels back to the 80s! Bittersweet song
Crazy that this is only the 3rd song, it could be a great closer too. But seems like this is the end of Arc 1 of the album
Tom "The reverb needs to be more impactful"
Ed "I brought 20 compressors. I said to them 'i'll take you along with me'"
Tom "Throw them all on! Put on the whale documentary!"
Ed "Engage"

Got To Keep On:

And the rain keeps on going on and on aaand oooooon
I've listened to this song too many times so I do not have an initial review. I've seen the damn thing live.
As of this point in the album, still the strongest song (to me) of all that I have listened to (but there are more songs! This could change!)
Will there be another transition?

Foreshadowing...

Tom "Got to keep on"
Ed "Our disguise. Yes. The Romulans mustn't find out"

The Bells Chime. Jeff Mills and the Hartnoll Brothers have flown in on their Federation Starships to aid the Enterprise.

Like Tears
Like Tears
Like Tears

For Fears

Swelling... more bells incoming
"Here comes the snares"

Me "gonna get a flipping here comes the marimbas before we get that damn song"

Gravity Drops:

No transition, but Orbital vibes for meeeee
Sleepy time warehouse music

Tom "Why didn't Adam let me use this for that movie he had. 'oh it sounds too chemical wah wah wah' I'll show him. 'oh I am going to hire an italian chef to cater my party, but we are all gluten intolerant so can you just like make kale salad???' Get out of here Adam. This song is dope."
Ed "Tom, your true nature is showing. Please. We must stay strong. The Brothers Must work it out."
Tom "Let me pitch these vocals down."
Ed "That's the Tom I know"
(Tom sarcastically writes on the album backing "Supa dope thx to Adam")

Really like that the percussion has no hats
To me, very un-Chemical, very fun and unexpected
Very legal
and very cool

Tom "Remember listening to In Visible Silence?"
Ed "I do"
Tom "Let's do that album"
Ed "We can't, we are the Chemical Brothers."
Tom "But we're also..."
Ed "We have to make our own album."

Tom, muttering to himself...

The Universe Sent Me:

"I cave in"

If you know who Trentemoller is, this reminds me of his later stuff
That would be a fun collab
So Tom and Ed you should reach out to him
Email subject "The androidgeoff Sent Me"

There is a bassline
Something about fingernails and a beautiful lady
You should know, something something nervous

"Here comes the reverse cymbals"

Show your Deadmau5 friends this song! They'll be hooked! He invented electronic music, you know. He also is the ruler of Mouse Planet, part of the Dog Planet alliance.

We've Got to Try:

There is no Dog Planet B
(Not a bad thing) Energy was lower, so this song picks it up!
Could use one more acid synth line ehehehe
Would be super interested in a "how it's made" of this song. Seems like they did a lot of manipulation and recreation from 1 song. Seems like a fun song to study

Ed "Tom, I know you are tired. We've been in the studio for 64 straight hours."
Tom "Super Smash Brothers is about to come out. They've been trying to steal our fans for the last 2 decades."
Ed "Tom, Super Smash Brothers is a game..."
Tom "THIS IS NOT A GAME"
Ed "Tom, your anger is misguided..."
Tom "This must be a masterpiece. Did the Michael Jackson sound-a-like e-mail back?"
Ed "Youngsters don't use e-mail. He sent us a message from his Finsta"
Tom "Why did he send a bunch of crying laughing faces, hands clapping, peaches? What are these 3 droplets that he used a lot?"
Ed "I think this means he agrees."
Tom "I am not versed in this language"

Data "Captain. If I may. Youths converse through a combination of irony, depression, and emojis. I can reconfigure my language mainframe and..."

Tom "That's enough, Mr. Data."

Free Yourself:

I already miss having transitions. Transition gods, please do not punish me for I have spoken ill and must repent
I must

Free Myself....

Dance

Out of the 3 of the live tracks, this one took the longest to grow on me. It has!
Those circuit bent kid's toys are in full force this album
Go was like "hey, can you expand on this idea?" And Tom was like "I really don't think this is a good idea. androidgeoff is going to be so nitpicky and my heart can't take it." Ed was like "But Tom! We've got to try! Even if he says some snarky comments and your feelings are hurt, you have got to keep on. You're Tom Rowlands! You can say you're mad as hell."

Tom "I'm not going to take it anymore. I'm not going to take it anymore..."

Then there was a crack

a smack

A crack and smack

Ed "Stop destroying those mockup album prints! They're only SAMPLES"

Tom "We don't use samples. WE ARE SAMPLES"

Ed "Tom, you know what we are..."

MAH:

Album version is good. Second listen through, I threw on the EBW version.
EBW version is sooooooo gooooooooooooood. 8 minutes of pure terror. I like the album version, I just like this one more. I like pizza with just veggies on it. I just like pepperoni and italian sausage pizza more. "This steak is wrapped in bacon." "Well... I guess I'll go for it over the one without bacon wrapped around it. But I don't feel good about it" This is my take. I choose the burger with an egg and onion rings on it over the one without those things. Is it so wrong? I was Born in the Leggo My Eggos. Waffles over pancakes. Waffle fries over regular fries. Tots over fries. Curly fries over fries.

Why do regular fries exist? To remind us that better fries exist. This is french fry advocacy. All fries deserve to exist, but cajun fries are better. Spicy garlic aoli. Mango aoli. Mix ketchup, mustard, and mayo. Throw in some garlic salt. You have a real condiment. Dip your fries in that while listening to the EBW version of this song. You will be so happy.

Actually, the EBW version is poutine to the album's chili cheese fries. MAH exists to remind us that EBW12 exists too and that it is really good.

Tom "I'm really sick of his constant food analogies. His egging and satire. I'm not going to take it anymore."

Ed "And as you should! For years, just like all those other forum nerds, he's picked apart our shit for too long. It's time to make an album that they all collectively can sit down and shut up after listening. Once they realize that we've made a killer album, the gravity of the situation will drop on them. They have no leg to stand on, no geography to explore. It's all been done, they say. But we can show them. We want our planet back. We want our universe back. Dog Planet is in turmoil. Its falling sent me and you to a dark place. Dog Planet is, and will always be, our home.

Tom "Ed. Does this mean? This whole time... we've been making Big Bark... I mean Beat... I mean..."

Ed "Tom. It's time to come clean. They must all know the perils of hiding our identity. Like you, they must..."

"Catch Me Falling"

Tom (snarling)
"There are no bones about it."

Ed "I mean, we have a fucking album called BITE"

Tom "How could we be so careless? We were so careful. We even 'pretended' to like cats by putting cat synths in that one song."

Ed "This is all true."

Tom "I am not ashamed of who I am."

Ed
Spoiler
"Nor am I. We are dogs. Here us RAR"

They howl, our Chemical Brothers have Freed Themselves. They are

The Chemic Howl Brothers

Catch Me Falling:

As I watched Thomas Barkington and Edward "Goodboy" III run on their 4 legs, off into the sunset, I was blessed with a great album closer to listen to.

In the same vein as Radiate (yeah that's right, the true BITE closer)....

Wait is that fucking Trish Keenan

of the hit band BROADCAST?
(it is impossible, but sounds just like her. RIP I love Tender Buttons, it is such a beautiful album)

This vocalist is a great pick. Whoever it is.
Heartfelt, pretty, and lets you off gently.

This has to be a top 4 album of theirs immediately. This reminds me of my first few listens of Further, where I was just like "yeah this is an album"

Long Live Dog Planet

Exit Planet Dog

Spoiler
This book is called

Tom and Ed Find Dog Planet

Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019, 19:55 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff, you just climbed the ranks of my most favorite forumers list with that TNG reference!
Let me reply with a reference from todays TNG, the Orville: Tomorrow's gonna be my personal Ja'loja!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My opinion after my first listening to the entire album.
Th first half leaves me kinda  :-\ except for Eve of Destruction. But after EoD, it is quite a let down until The Universe Sent Me. Wow, I love this track ! Best "new" track in so far we had already had a taste of MAH, GTKO and Free Yourself.
Catch Me I'm Falling is good, but not as great as other album concluding songs (e.g. Wide Open, Surface To Air, The Private Psychedelic Reel).
I hope some of the songs will grow on me over the next listenings.

Quote from: Csar on Apr 11, 2019, 19:58

Tomorrow's gonna be my personal Ja'loja!

Hate being late to the party. But oh, so much joy on a Friday Csar! Super jealous of right now.

I could not keep a straight face after reading Android's review. :)) :)) :))
and co-workers are looking at me strangely.

You, sir Android are a national treasure. Your review should've been on the hype sticker for this album.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

They Liked my post :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?