1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there any confirmation that's actually Ed's page? He has a personal profile but it has a capital s for Simons and he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to open a page and then use a lower case s.

Quote from: Ford on Mar 18, 2023, 03:58
Is there any confirmation that's actually Ed's page? He has a personal profile but it has a capital s for Simons and he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to open a page and then use a lower case s.
Hmmm. Had a gander and that looks a bit suspect! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

There goes my only claim to fame. Puff
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

spotted by Chemicalmat on Instagram :

"Taj Mahal" ?

Also. Surface to Air is back ?

I've posted this picture a few days ago in the "2023 setlist speculation thread" :)
My guess is that Taj Mahal is a sample or transition, it doesn't sound like a song name. The same goes for Mono Flange.

And as I've said before, a sticker does not necessarily mean that a song will be played. However, since the company just posted this, the little gizmo is likely a recent addition which makes STA more likely I'd say. Just a few more days until we know :music

On instagram I see the Chems re-posting an insta story from Ranerahul at some DJ/dance event where The Pills Won't Help You Now (Guy J remix) is playing. I guess it's a DJ edit from Guy J.
And it sounds like this:

EDIT: Oh it's age restricted? Weird. I can't see why.

Try this if you like:
IT'S MORNING TIME!

double post...my bad, but look down!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

so what they are saying is... still not final artwork.

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 13, 2023, 04:16
so what they are saying is... still not final artwork.
lol, hopefully more effective then the bus bench.

So it's true then... Argh, I had hoped it wouldn't be that long... Fall...  ::yell
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

https://twitter.com/djkevincole/status/1648485241374507015

Tom did an interview yesterday with KEXP's Kevin Cole in run-up of their WAMU show in Seattle + an old radio Chems mix that KEXP aired a long time ago.

At KEXP archive, go to April 19 and at the bottom dial in 2:45 (only 5 min steps, starts a couple of minutes after that).
https://www.kexp.org/archive/

The mix starts at 3:05 (dial it in to jump to it)

Quote from: Tom
We're really close to finishing the record
Quote from: Cole
Can you reveal an approximate release date?
Ahm, I'm not sure. Well, I know that we're supposed to be mastering it as soon as we get back from Coachella. But I'm not sure what the actual release date is yet. But definitely towards the end of  the summer I'd imagine.
There's at least one recurring hero [on the album]

Apparently, Michael Brownstein who created the poem No Geography which they sampled, attended their show at Forest Hills last year.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2023, 12:45 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

^Meant to track this down when they tweeted about it, but totally forgot. Will give a listen later!

Thanks Csar

Quote from: Csar on Apr 20, 2023, 11:59
Tom did an interview yesterday with KEXP's Kevin Cole in run-up of their WAMU show in Seattle + an old radio Chems mix that KEXP aired a long time ago.

At KEXP archive, go to April 19 and at the bottom dial in 2:45 (only 5 min steps, starts a couple of minutes after that).

I'm confused. It seems we have to select a show to start off with, then select the time. Well it's not offering me the Kevin Cole show under the 19th of April at all.
I think I have to go to the 20th and then select Drive Time (with Kevin Cole) which is listed as 12am for me (so it's just into the 20th of April where I am). It seems KEXP adapt the time to my local region.

So Csar, where you said go to 2.45, I think you mean 2.45AM German/CET time, as you are 9 hours ahead of Pacific Time(?). If I'm 8 hours ahead of PT, that should be 1.45am for me, on the 20th of April. And the mix should be at 2.05am on the 20th of April for me.

But I don't get Chemcial stuff when I go to those time stamps...

**EDIT**: OK, So I had to go to the Wo' Pop show listed as a 3AM show on the 19th of April (for me), and then jump the time back to 1:46am UK time. And the mix is at 2.05AM UK time.
**EDIT2** In the US I think you want the 18th not 19th.
CONFUSING!!
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2023, 20:26 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Apr 20, 2023, 11:59
https://twitter.com/djkevincole/status/1648485241374507015

Apparently, Michael Brownstein who created the poem No Geography which they sampled, attended their show at Forest Hills last year.
I spent almost 30 minutes trying to find the interview (?) And it seems it depends of the hour of our countries... finally found it, in my case it was on April 18 at 6:48 but yeah, this whole thing was confusing :/
 I'm so excited to know who are going to collaborate this time! New collaborators and an old hero as Tom describes it  :D
bango bango bango bango my

Oh, sorry, I hadn't thought of that. The tweet said 5:45 (also a bit confusing because for me it says Apr 19 and is a pre-show interview which would make no sense, but perhaps that also regional time?), so it must be something ending on :45 then. The interview itself is about 16min long.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Any chance someone has the set recorded and can PM me a link??  ;)

That was a nice little interview.

When coming to booking gigs in America, they're "resistant to our charm". LOL

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 21, 2023, 01:05
Any chance someone has the set recorded and can PM me a link??  ;)
PMed.

The radio DJ mix is basically the so called "unreleased BBC mix" from 1996 discussed in this topic: Chems DJ Mixes
— Aurora (The Seed)

Well... I feel like it's my lucky day. This mix that was on KEXP was originally from a Minneapolis radio station that I listened to back in the day. Didn't get into the Chems until after this time frame (probs 1997 based on when the Chems played First Ave even though the radio host says 1996). This was a gem to listen to and gave me all the warm feels thinking that a radio station in Seattle played a mix from Minneapolis, when I in fact travelled from Minneapolis to Seattle to see the Chems. For sure something in the world is connecting those dots.