Maybe I Feel Out of Control

2016 tour expectations and predictions

Started by Ben_j, Mar 25, 2016, 22:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Regarding new material/live expectations from the interview:

"but there's a couple of things left over from those sessions. A couple of good tracks that we're working up to play when we DJ next but maybe we'll leave them out as they get closer to being finished. There's nothing in particular coming out this year, as far as I know... but you never know. It's May, the year is early."

whether they'll finish those 'leftover' tracks to perform live or not who knows.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

^This film popped up on my Netflix yesterday, thanks for reminding me to watch it.

Speaking of reminders, this track (which I thought might be Here Come The drums) still hasn't been released:

Maybe it'll pop up in live shows?

and don't forget Pumisher's Erection Song:

I still think it's a Chemical edit of something, not an original though.
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 16:31 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 16:21

^This film popped up on my Netflix yesterday, thanks for reminding me to watch it.

Speaking of reminders, this track (which I thought might be Here Come The drums) still hasn't been released:

Maybe it'll pop up in live shows?

and don't forget Pumisher's Erection Song:

I still think it's a Chemical edit of something, not an original though.
Rrr, that's rat rad. By "edit", do you mean the Errection Song or the former one?
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 21:02 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 05, 2016, 16:50

Rrr, that's rat. By "edit", do you mean the Errection Song or the former one?
Erection Song is probably an edit. Like how they put a ton of sounds into their Shadowbreaker edit. But the-song-that-might-be-here-come-the-drums sounds like it's straight out of the Come With Us recording sessions, it's great.
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 17:02 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 16:21

the part that pop ups now and then (1:34-1:46 for example) reminds me of silver drizzle

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 16:59

But the-song-that-might-be-here-come-the-drums sounds like it's straight out of the Come With Us recording sessions, it's great.
don't forget, they are working on hctd since dig your own hole (or even earlier)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 05, 2016, 17:16

don't forget, they are working on hctd since dig your own hole (or even earlier)
90% sure it's a Come With Us track. They first mentioned it in a 2002ish interview about tracks they left off Come With Us. Where'd you hear they were working on it back then?

Better footage of Here Might Be The Drums (mixed with Freak of the Week):

Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 18:21 by WhiteNoise

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't think the (maybe) HCTD track is worthy of an album or single release. Sounds like a B-side or bonus track to me. Just call me ChemReact2.

That's a clearer version of Erection Song than I've heard on other clips. So it starts with "gonna need your soul" (or something?) and then "123456789 oh oh oh". That right? If so I'm leaning towards WN's interpretation. Sounds like a big sample of something-or-other that's been Chemicalised. I think I like this one (reminds me a little of Freeland's We Want Your Soul, vocally & lyrically) . Maybe you Philidelphia people should've asked Tom what the "counting" track is. Or did you? Maybe it should have been in the Ask Tom thread?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 05, 2016, 20:47

you Philidelphia people should've asked Tom what the "counting" track is.
:D This is the most British thing I've ever read. We're from Chicago!

Nah, I was so overwhelmed by what was happening I forgot all my good questions.

I also agree about the status of Here Might Be The Drums... it sounds like a CWU b-side. Like The Duke or Drizzle like Pumisher pointed out.
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 20:53 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 18:11

90% sure it's a Come With Us track. They first mentioned it in a 2002ish interview about tracks they left off Come With Us. Where'd you hear they were working on it back then?
Not 100% with this, but i think it was back in an interview around Surrender where they've somehow came across about how long they usualy work on a track (don't remember what the exact answer to this question was) and they where answering and then mention "and then there is a track called Here Comes The Drums on which we are working on for years now but haven't released it yet because if you have a track with this name it has to have the most intense drums in it - but we haven't"
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 05, 2016, 17:16

the part that pop ups now and then (1:34-1:46 for example) reminds me of silver drizzle
The whole thing reminds a bit of Silver Drizzle too. And I would also locate this in the CWU era, it's got this slightly more dance feel going on that was so striking about CWU.

Quote from: ChemReact2 on Jun 05, 2016, 20:47

Unpopular opinion perhaps but I don't think the (maybe) HCTD track is worthy of an album or single release. Sounds like a B-side or bonus track to me. Just call me ChemReact2.
Maybe not an album track, but this mo**a fu*ka of a simple song is da bomb!
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2016, 21:13 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 20:49

:D This is the most British thing I've ever read. We're from Chicago!

Yeah Philly, Chicago whatever... (That would make more sense as I know you're not east coast.) Also I'm Irish even though I live in London. Maybe that makes us even?  :)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I would go apeshit if they play this ! Could it be the Superflash of this tour ? Remember there was a video of Superflash played before Further was released and we were sure it was a new track, but then we kinda forgot about it because it wasn't on Further and then boom. Superflash in the setlist

HCTD sounds awfully like an edit as well, to me. Granted it's clearly not of anything we recognise. But those guitars are too big of a sample to be a fully fledged original I think.

Definitely does sound CWU-ey though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ha Csar! I just spotted what you did.  8)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

;D
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think Adam with the brass instruments visuals will be for a Here Come the Drums edit called Here Comes the Brass
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait... Skyscraper are you formerly, Irishfan?

Nope. I saw his name pop up on some threads on the previous forum, but no relation.
IT'S MORNING TIME!