Hey Girl

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
And Civilization VI launches tonight at midnight. Thankfully I don't have class until Friday afternoon!
Never for money, always for love.

This looks so beautiful :o Can't wait to explore this new world

This looks cool also. I expected a little more, but I'm still very hyped about that new console

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 20, 2016, 12:50

And Civilization VI launches tonight at midnight. Thankfully I don't have class until Friday afternoon!
Ah, it runs sooooo slowly on my computer, it takes for about 10 minutes to load, and crashes regularly
Is that on my end?

Edit: Windows Defender interrupts loading of Civ on win10, if anyone have this problem, just include Civ 6 folder to exemption list in windows defender, works like a charm
Last Edit: Nov 12, 2016, 14:42 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

The Nintendo Switch January event is on Friday (Thursday evening in the States) and I for one am very excited to see some more footage of the console and more importantly, the new Zelda.

Leaked / rumoured info on the price is pretty tantalising too. I've been basing the success of my current graphic design projects on whether they'll afford me a Nintendo switch... and a lot of them will  8)

This is the first time I've been really excited about a console since the Gamecube was announced. And I'm hoping it'll get me back into the world of gaming, which I've sorely missed since my N64 days. I'd like to finally be part of an online community too, and play games with people I know around the world.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

https://www.gog.com/game/torment_tides_of_numenera

I'm very excited for, as they call it, spiritual successor of Planescape: Torment, RPG game that was written so well that 20ish years later it's still best written game ever, with unforgettable characters and unique atmosphere
In 20 days we'll know if it was worth the wait

"What can change the nature of men?"

I just got an HTC Vive. After some trouble that had me reinstalling Windows - twice -, I finally got it working perfectly and it's amazing ! Moving your head and looking around you is something but room scaling really makes all the difference. You can really move inside another world, inspect everything, and it feels so real !

I've  been  having  some  better  experiences  with  the  Playstation VR Headset  recently  so  it's  definitely  a 'keeper'  for  me  now  and  i'm  looking  forward  to trying  out  future  releases  on  it.  I  upgraded  to  the  PS4  Pro console  a  while  ago  and  it  really  improves  the  PSVR ,  everything's  a  bit  smoother  and  more HD.  Favourites  so  far  on  the  VR  ,  Rez Infinate -  pretty  trippy  stuff ,  it's like  being  inside  a  Chemical  Brothers  visual ,   Apollo 11 Experience  -  the  scale of  looking  down  the  rocket  on  the  launch  pad  ,  and  the  moon  orbit  &  landing  =  awesome.  Really  wanted  to  get  into  Battlezone  ,  the  tank  shoot-em  up  ,  but  it  gives  me  VR  sickness  within  seconds  of  gameplay.  Next  game purchase  will  be  Farpoint  in  a  couple  of  months  ,  no  doubt  gonna  need  that  Aim Controller Gun  as  well  to  take  out  those  pesky  alien  spiders.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Mar 16, 2017, 19:37

I've  been  having  some  better  experiences  with  the  Playstation VR Headset  recently

Did you try the new Resident Evil with the VR? I'm still doubting to play in VR after reading online how scary it really is ...  :o

Quote from: toxic on Mar 17, 2017, 14:36

Did you try the new Resident Evil with the VR? I'm still doubting to play in VR after reading online how scary it really is ...  :o

No ,  not  tried  Resident Evil VR ,  but  i've  read  it  works  well  on  the  PSVR Headset and  no  doubt  it's  proper  creepy.  Other  titles  i  quite  enjoy  on  the  PSVR  : SuperHyperCube . . sort  of  like  3D Tetris  in  a  neon  electrostatic  chamber  ,  Thumper - bit  weird  but  ok , quite trippy  ,  and  have  to  mention  the  immaculate  Playroom VR  -  this  is  Sony  showing  off  their  VR  capabilities  and  it  looks  amazing  with  the  PS4 Pro  running  it  ,  proper  eye-candy  ,  ok  , The Playroom VR  is  for  age  ranges  of  4yrs to adults  ,  but  it's  fun  to  be  in  this  Pixar-Toy Story-esque  world  for  a  while  looking  at  this  crazy  stuff  going  on  and  interacting  with  it. 
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Mar 16, 2017, 19:37

I've  been  having  some  better  experiences  with  the  Playstation VR Headset  recently  so  it's  definitely  a 'keeper'  for  me  now  and  i'm  looking  forward  to trying  out  future  releases  on  it.  I  upgraded  to  the  PS4  Pro console  a  while  ago  and  it  really  improves  the  PSVR ,  everything's  a  bit  smoother  and  more HD.  Favourites  so  far  on  the  VR  ,  Rez Infinate -  pretty  trippy  stuff ,  it's like  being  inside  a  Chemical  Brothers  visual ,   Apollo 11 Experience  -  the  scale of  looking  down  the  rocket  on  the  launch  pad  ,  and  the  moon  orbit  &  landing  =  awesome.  Really  wanted  to  get  into  Battlezone  ,  the  tank  shoot-em  up  ,  but  it  gives  me  VR  sickness  within  seconds  of  gameplay.  Next  game purchase  will  be  Farpoint  in  a  couple  of  months  ,  no  doubt  gonna  need  that  Aim Controller Gun  as  well  to  take  out  those  pesky  alien  spiders.
Yeah Apollo 11 is nice. I brought my Vive to my parents a few weeks ago, and had my family try it. My father tried Apollo 11 and the other ones tried theBlu. Eveyone loved it !
As for other cool stuff I've tried, Budget Cuts is really awesome, it gives you a glimpse of what VR and room scale can bring to a game.
Racing games (Project Cars, Asetto Corsa, Dirt Rally) are immersive but usually very aliased or a bit ugly. Hopefully I'll get a GTX 1080 Ti soon :D
Audioshield is fun too :

Also: Zelda Breath of the Wild is the best game I've played since Ocarina of Time !

StarCraft Brood War
and it's for free! => https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft

And a couple of days ago i bought Batman Arkham Knight for my XboxOne, but driving around with the Batmobile is a huge pain in the ass
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 19, 2017, 21:41

And a couple of days ago i bought Batman Arkham Knight for my XboxOne, but driving around with the Batmobile is a huge pain in the ass

I loved it ! The Batmobile is what was missing from the other ones to truly feel like Batman

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 20, 2017, 18:09

I loved it ! The Batmobile is what was missing from the other ones to truly feel like Batman

Agreed. Also, when you get the full super eject, propelling yourself HIGH into the air and then soaring around Gotham is the absolute best.

So I did it. I bought into the Nintendo hype and got my self a Switch.

I've spent the evening getting acquainted with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (it's pretty different to Double Dash isn't it guys!?) but I am honestly having a wonderful time with it.

I'm off on a work thing next week and will be staying in a hotel. The thought of being able to bring along Mario Kart with me and play all evening is pretty exciting...

With that, my friend code is SW-0266-6065-4039 if anyone happens to play Mario Kart 8 and would like to race.

So...

I started playing League of Legends. My wife was really into it at college and picked it up again recently during her off-time before the wedding. After moving to Portland and while waiting for my green-card, I decided to give it a go. I have to say, it is a lot of fun and requires a decent amount of investment to learn how the game works, which I appreciate. I've also taken to watching people stream it on Twitch (I used to exclusively watch OOT and Majora's Mask streams). It's like being a football fan and being able to watch a game every 45 minutes, non-stop, everyday.

Anywho. I'm really enjoying it. I'm about to hit level 20 and can feel myself understanding the game more and more each day.
If you play, and want to join me for a game of Norms (I don't have ANYWHERE near the amount of Champions needed for ranked, even when I do get to level 30) then hit me up.

My Summoner name is 'pearlsgirl' - because I'm a fantastic human being.

Just got COD WW2 last Friday and the campaign was really intense, and so is the zombie mode. its even a bonus that one of the characters in zombies is voiced by the doctor himself, David Tenant. now to buy the season pass for zombies
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Help needed for Arkham Knight

I recently started playing Arkham Knight again, but got stuck.
I'm at ACE Chemicals, fought the Helicopter and took the hostage outside to Gordon. Now i'd jump back to ACE - and nothing happens. I can run around and drive around but the story doesn't do anything. I've watched and read some walkthroughs and they all say that right after you jump back to ACE Oracle pops up on the screen telling me to blow up the wall with the logo. Thing is that she doesn't appear so i'm stuck right now. Any chances of forcing her to pop up? Playing it on an Xbox One if this is helpfull. I also don't have any savegames from before to just try it again and i don't want to start from scratch with a complete new game.

Here's the part from 00:20 to 00:45

no idea, no idea

Gog.com is giving away Grim Fandango Remastered for free, for next 6h

In other gaming news, I've started playing WoW - again! - after 5 years. It's amazing how easy it is to be drown into this hot mess that is MMORPG.

I've also finished South Park - Fractured But Whole (get it?) and World of Final Fantasy, both are really fun and one of them is really funny :D
Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017, 11:42 by sandelic