Surrender

Which Dust-Up-Beats is which?

Started by WhiteNoise, Aug 27, 2015, 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 02, 2015, 12:37

the Wipeout Edit simply had the intro....wiped out because the games people wanted a shorter edit.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 02, 2015, 15:39

The cassette version has the same lenght as the 50 pressings version. I played them simultamiously  and the're the same
Oh you have one of the "50" vinyls? Or a rip of it?

@WN. Thx!
Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015, 20:21 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 02, 2015, 20:19

Oh you have one of the "50" vinyls? Or a rip of it?

I aparently have one of the 50 vinyls (if it is 50). I always thought  "the original mix" was the rare one but in Whitenoises' explanation it apears to be the other way around. I have both versions on 12". Unfortunately the "WipeOutmix" has a bump on it which make it skip a few times in the track. Hopefully I can clear that out now knowing how rare it is. If I put the weight up on the record player arm it seems to run nicely over it with a minimum of skipping.

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 02, 2015, 20:34

I aparently have one of the 50 vinyls (if it is 50). I always thought  "the original mix" was the rare one but in Whitenoises' explanation it apears to be the other way around. I have both versions on 12". Unfortunately the "WipeOutmix" has a bump on it which make it skip a few times in the track. Hopefully I can clear that out now knowing how rare it is. If I put the weight up on the record player arm it seems to run nicely over it with a minimum of skipping.
Well! Sellotape a coin on to the arm head!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

A little bit of a late reaction (almost a year, but who cares) but I noticed on discogs, there are now three versions of My Mercury Mouth:

1. My Mercury Mouth E.P ‎(12", EP, RP)
- Runout A: JBO-20-A1 MA G-COPYMASTERS
- Runout B: JBO-20-B2 MA

2. My Mercury Mouth E.P ‎(12", EP, 1st)
- Runout A: JBO-20-A1
- Runout B: JBO-20-B2

3. My Mercury Mouth E.P ‎(12", EP, Promo)
- Runout B: JBO-20-B1 MA

Can we tell the difference by checking what's etched in the runout grooves or we just need to hear the tracks?

Still confused  :o

https://www.discogs.com/master/view/806285

Quote from: toxic on Aug 24, 2016, 14:43

A little bit of a late reaction (almost a year, but who cares) but I noticed on discogs, there are now three versions of My Mercury Mouth:

Can we tell the difference by checking what's etched in the runout grooves or we just need to hear the tracks?

Sigh!

This one, and that stupid battle weapon are just my only problems collecting these two relics!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 29, 2016, 17:33

Sigh!

This one, and that stupid battle weapon are just my only problems collecting these two relics!

Wich battle weapon?

you mean this?
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: toxic on Aug 24, 2016, 14:43

Runout B: JBO-20-B1 MA is the original mix of wipeout, the extended version of what is regarded of the wipeout mix. It is 6.51 long and has the same "uh yeah here we go" intro like they used to start their sets in '96. Reportedly only 50 copies exist after a warehouse fire destroyed the original batch.  I have one of the supposed 50

Runout B: JBO-20-B2 Is the slower mix that is on 99.99% of the vinyl copies of My Mercury Mouth, although people are less familiar with this mix. I weighs in at 6.31 duration.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I have a feeling I might regret digging up this old chestnut. It's late and I should be in bed...

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 27, 2015, 18:39

While it hasn't been confirmed that this extended intro appears on the 50 or so rare pressings of the MMM EP vinyl, it has surfaced on an extremely rare cassette promo version of the EP
Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 02, 2015, 15:39

The cassette version has the same lenght as the 50 pressings version. I played them simultamiously  and the're the same.

Someone uploaded to YT a vinyl rip of the rare "50 pressings" version of Dust Up Beats (aka Wipeout version + intro). As you can see the timing is 6.45, whilst the cassette rip, I believe, was about 7.03. It sounds like this vinyl rip is pitched up a little bit - which probably accounts for it being around 18 seconds faster (than the cassette) over the course of the track.

Although it was uploaded in the last 6 months, it's only at 240 quality. I wonder if the uploader possesses a higher quality rip? I think this rip might have more bottom end than the cassette, though the cassette sounds clearer overall. So you may...or may not wish to reach for the Youtube ripper.

EDIT: assuming the correct time is 6.51 - per Sneaker (or 6.50 on Discogs), then the cassette may also be a smidge slow. There is one autographed copy of the rare version currently listed at $300. Ouch! I'll stick to that cassette rip, thanks.
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2017, 20:22 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!