Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: KngtRdr on Apr 14, 2016, 15:02

WOW. That's kinda crazy. A whole movie done 1st person... very reminiscent of this little video:

https://vimeo.com/62092214
It's actually the same director. He developped the idea from this music video on a whole movie

The TV Series Bloodline on Netflix

Ben Mendelsohn, who I've never heard of before, simply puts on the most compelling performance I've seen since Matthew McConaughey in True Detective.

I don't know how I feel about the series as a whole. I think it's certainly worth your time just to see Ben Mendelsohn, but it comes off pretty damn redundant at times. The show could have been done in a third of the time. Season 2 is coming later this month and I'm intrigued how they are going to continue the story. 

Quote from: Bosco on May 03, 2016, 05:17

Ben Mendelsohn, who I've never heard of before, simply puts on the most compelling performance I've seen since Matthew McConaughey in True Detective.

Better than Ed O'Neill in married with children?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 14, 2016, 20:26

It's actually the same director. He developped the idea from this music video on a whole movie
Seriously, guys? There is really some interest for this movie in US and EU? So, maybe it some success to the russian movies.
'Cause here in Russia it failed at the box office. The people here are sceptical about this thing, and i'm too, so, we'll see how far it will go.
Hi Kevin!

4 out of 5 stars!

Spoiler
antman turning into a giant and spidey doing the 'Empire strikes back'! The movie has similar tones to  Capt 2 WS, until the big airport scene.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Captain America was pretty fun to watch, as these superhero movie usually are
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on May 10, 2016, 10:32

Captain America was pretty fun to watch, as these superhero movie usually are
i'm not a huge fan of the first two captain america movies, but this one here looks more like an avengers movie
Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:23 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Winter Soldier is by far my favourite Marvel movie so far. And this new one was just all round fun.
Watching it with a bunch of fellow nerds in a US cinema - gasping and exclaiming aloud when certain comic book moments took shape on screen for the first time... it was pretty special.

The story is stupid of course. What? You would rather the Avengers hadn't have saved Sokovia and by extension the rest of the world? Quitcha whinin'
By when everyone is on screen it's a pure fungasm.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 10, 2016, 23:19

Winter Soldier is by far my favourite Marvel movie so far.
Not Kick-Ass? Or Howard the Duck?
no idea, no idea

Kick Ass is Icon. And I haven't seen Howard the Duck but my hunch is no!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Is Kick-Ass Marvel ? It's not in the MCU anyway

It is published by Marvel Comics under the company's Icon imprint.
=> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-Ass_(comic_book)
no idea, no idea

Yes but is Kick Ass Marvel?
Never for money, always for love.

Now that i've been through the fifth season of Homeland (which i think is the best season after 1 & 2), Game Of Thrones only running one episode a week and Shameless won't start until the end of may (at least here in germany) i think i might give the Sopranos a try.

Did anyone watched Victoria? A fucking hell of a movie. 9.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4226388/?ref_=nv_sr_2

no idea, no idea

Green Room
Currently at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Damn Game of Thrones s06e05... The feels...