Listen to Your Heart

Embarrising albums you've bought recently

Started by Mob1, Aug 23, 2015, 03:46

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 13:57

The Chemical Brothers - Push The Button
Quote from: ACIDCHILDREN on Aug 26, 2015, 20:23

It's my least favourite Chems album, having said that it's got some great tracks, including Come Inside. I really like BITE's but it does remind me of PTB in some ways. I have vague recollections of Ed once saying at Turnmills that Come With Us wasn't there best album.
Quote from: Stefan on Aug 26, 2015, 20:35

This is certainly true. Their best album is Further. All the other records are bloody brilliant, but none achieves this completely perfect arrangement of songs, without a single weak second on the whole record.

Not another poll please
Not another poll please
Not another poll please

I have tons of embarrassing music, especially in Cd form. Lady Gaga was my last purchase.  I got it because at the time, I saw her on a morning show in NY and was blown away by her high vocals and piano skills. That gave me reason to get it.

I'm actually in the process of selling some of my embarrassing crap at the record stores to get new and better sounding crap!

Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 21:23 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: ACIDCHILDREN on Aug 26, 2015, 20:23

I have vague recollections of Ed once saying at Turnmills that Come With Us wasn't there best album.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 26, 2015, 21:14

Not another poll please
Not another poll please
Not another poll please
We should make a poll about whether to have another poll or not...

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:32

Surface to Air, which is an uninspired rip off of TPPR and TSU.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 26, 2015, 16:16

This is the silliest thing I've ever heard.
Gotta agree with WN. For me Surface To Air is the most inspiring  track on the album.

And really none of the Chems albums should be on this thread. Not even Come With Us.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 26, 2015, 21:14

Lady Gaga was my last purchase.
Now this is proper embarrassing shit. Well done Inchem, that's the spirit!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 26, 2015, 21:29

Not even Come With Us.

I've never understood the aversion for CWU. What is it that people don't like? The only thing I can think of is that it's too short.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Most of today's famous female singers deserve the attention they receive. It's what they do with their careers that leaves us disappointed.

Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 21:49 by Bosco

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 21:41

I've never understood the aversion for CWU. What is it that people don't like? The only thing I can think of is that it's too short.
All four tracks culled for single/EP release were FAN.TAS.TIC. Well done to Virgin Records for picking exactly the right tunes to release. Sometimes the record companydoes get it right. The rest of it just never grabbed me. I think Ed suggested that they didn't take things far enough on the album, it was too restrained.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Restrained? I guess with the exception of Come With Us it is largely less experimental in terms of sound design and structure but that album is all about the groove and the feel of each track. Galaxy Bounce remains one of my all time favourite Chems tracks. Hoops is beautiful. Denmark is funky as anything. Even The State Were In is like the perfect haunted chill out in the middle. I honestly love it all.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 21:56 by Enjoyed

This Fred has turned into something deeply wierd.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 14:32

Come Inside is a weak song compared to some similar tunes on DYOH. They also ruined it by adding the stupid horns halfway. The same goes for Surface to Air, which is an uninspired rip off of TPPR and TSU.
Don't try too hard, bad boy. It makes you look uninspired. We've had some originals on here that did better ;)
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 22:06 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yeah... Sorry.

I own every Girls' Generation album. Again though, not at all embarrassed by it.

Quote from: Csar on Aug 26, 2015, 22:00

This Fred has turned into something deeply wierd.
Don't try too hard, bad boy. It makes you look uninspired. We've had some originals on here that did better ;)

Originals? Whatchu talkin''bout boy?

I like Cum With Us a lot better than Push My Button.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 22:22

Originals? Whatchu talkin''bout boy?

I like Cum With Us a lot better than Push My Button.
You'll have to fill big shoes if you wanna play the bad boy on here ;). Big shoes, I tell ya!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 26, 2015, 22:24

You'll have to fill big shoes if you wanna play the bad boy on here ;). Big shoes, I tell ya!

Stop talking in riddles.

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 26, 2015, 22:28

Stop talking in riddles.
Yes. I'll stop talking, right there.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 26, 2015, 22:29

Yes. I'll stop talking, right there.

Thanks, it's the best for everyone.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 22:03

I own every Girls' Generation album. Again though, not at all embarrassed by it.

I think we have a winner.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2015, 21:41

I think because people loved Surrender so much, they thought they get a similar sounding album on the next one.
Last Edit: Aug 27, 2015, 00:04 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

At the time Ed did however mention that a plus side of the album was that it included Star Guitar.

So are we all agreed now that this is just the 'Come With Us' thread?
I like it. My arguament is: Hoops, Pioneer Skies, The Test. I could list more, but that's all it needs for me to like it.
The devil is in the details

You folks are mad if you consider any Chems album embarrassing   :P
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!