Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca And The Soul Brother

no idea, no idea

Some classic rave from the good days  ;D

Moby - Feeling So Real

no idea, no idea

⬆ i haven't actually seen any clips of that performed before, had no idea of the live drumming and singing, awesome ⬆

fsol — slider
Eight or over.

Played the NYE version of MM around midnight
Last Edit: Jan 16, 2024, 17:51 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

hearing the band play this in concert the other day reminded me that the original version of it is so good... the chemical brothers remix has always eclipsed it for me

I'm just catching up on a few bands I've enjoyed who've released new music lately...

MGMT - 'Mother Nature'

This sounds really great! Giving me 90's college radio vibe.

Remembering back in the day the rumored MGMT collab, I wouldn't mind seeing that come to life...

Also!

The Black Keys - 'Beautiful People (Stay High)' [Featuring Beck and Produced by Dan the Automator]

catchy, simple-fun

Emmi Lida - Trinity

no idea, no idea

Oscar Hill - Come Closer

Thomas Schumacher - Come Closer

Anyone else think that the Thomas Schumacher track (2023) sounds like it could have been released in the early to mid 90s hard trance era?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 17, 2024, 00:25
Thomas Schumacher - Come Closer Anyone else think that the Thomas Schumacher track (2023) sounds like it could have been released in the early to mid 90s hard trance era?
I was thinking the same thing! I saw this coming in at work a while ago and found the cover image really striking. 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

i think it's the resonance that really sells the 90s vibe

Squarepusher — Wendorlan

DJ Shadow — You Played Me (Chrome Sparks Remix)
Eight or over.

Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld - Crimson and Clover

Great cover! Thanks to Drew Carey's Friday Night Freakout for the exposure!

Catching up on a couple of electronic tracks that came out about four years ago. One of these has 85 thousand YT views, the other has just 400 views. I think I prefer the lesser viewed one.

October 2019:
Angelov - Cabora

March 2020:
Jordan Nocturne - Late Night Ten (Original Mix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Beth Gibbons - Floating On A Moment

Can't stop listening to this. It's my favourite new song since Goodbye. Sounds like a mixture of the Beth Gibbons & Rusting Man LP and old stuff from Air. Damn, i think i need to listen to this the fifth time in a row.
Last Edit: Feb 07, 2024, 18:49 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Something a little dfferent from the electronic stuff that people (-me) tend to post in this thread. One song; two versions. Mind you, I reckon the first, acappella-ish version is ripe for sampling, perhaps in a Chems STTS style. And the second (original) version could be a Massive Attack kinda sample source. Maybe.

Devi - Lambi Judai (2012)

Reshma - Lambi Judai, from the film Hero (1983)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Crush on her back then! Finally found this gem after all these years.

Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me (Remix)

Just discovered this band! Not into their older stuff  but their last album is pretty damn good. Nice choreography!

Jungle - Dominoes

Khruangbin with the lastest is just too bittersweet but happy!

Khruangbin - May Ninth

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Ha! Jungle is such a weird band to me. I like the albums. I get the videos are appealing with emphasis on choreography.  However, the live show was disappointing.

When seeing them here in Vancouver last year, half the crowd was dance heads reaching the middle ages (like myself) while the rest were just reaching their 20s. The band felt like a Top of the Pops act where the instruments were not plugged in. The visuals felt like 3D renders from late 2000s with no hint of the choreography from the videos. The decent songs had the dance heads going off while the young ones gossiped to their friends, ignored the show, and continually took selfies (within 10 feet of the stage). The kids only interacted on poppier tracks by filming half the song and doing the horrible no rhythm / act "sexy" dance with their friends in a circle (oblivious they are hitting everyone around them). Meanwhile the mid agers waited for an interesting track.

Mind you...take this with a grain of salt as this might just be my stance on Vancouver crowds... I really haven't been impressed since moving here.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

St. Vincent & Dave Grohl - Broken Man

no idea, no idea

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 28, 2024, 07:07
Ha! Jungle is such a weird band to me. I like the albums. I get the videos are appealing with emphasis on choreography.  However, the live show was disappointing.

When seeing them here in Vancouver last year, half the crowd was dance heads reaching the middle ages (like myself) while the rest were just reaching their 20s. The band felt like a Top of the Pops act where the instruments were not plugged in. The visuals felt like 3D renders from late 2000s with no hint of the choreography from the videos. The decent songs had the dance heads going off while the young ones gossiped to their friends, ignored the show, and continually took selfies (within 10 feet of the stage). The kids only interacted on poppier tracks by filming half the song and doing the horrible no rhythm / act "sexy" dance with their friends in a circle (oblivious they are hitting everyone around them). Meanwhile the mid agers waited for an interesting track.

Mind you...take this with a grain of salt as this might just be my stance on Vancouver crowds... I really haven't been impressed since moving here.
I also saw them last year and had a similar issue with the crowds!

It felt like a the majority were people who vaguely recognized the band name and thought, sure, it's sunny - I'll go see them at Edgefield (a local outdoor venue situated in the grounds of a McMenamins hotel).

I enjoyed the show a lot, and have been a fan since the first album. I was super impressed with Lydia Kitto and how the hell she sounded so good! I also really loved the visuals - it was like a geometric light show with 'themes' for each track, which I felt really enhanced the vibe each time. But, the strange audience response did bring down the overall energy of the show, which was a bummer.

Live show aside, Candle Flame was one of my favourite tunes of last year. And the 1-2 punch of CF into Dominoes is killer!
I also love the music videos (my wife less so - she doesn't like the "aggressive dancing")!. I haven't found a chance to sit down and watch the whole album back to back yet - but definitely plan to.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

1988  rarity.

an excited 8 year old's 1st concert  chemical brothers leeds 2023