You Are All My Children Now

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

They're driving...to where? Folkstone to get the Chunnel? Dover to get the ferry?
Could they not use their mega-dosh to buy last minute Eurostar tix from London to Paris, then get a plane or train down to Lyon?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 27, 2017, 14:50

They're driving...to where? Folkstone to get the Chunnel? Dover to get the ferry?
Could they not use their mega-dosh to buy last minute Eurostar tix from London to Paris, then get a plane or train down to Lyon?

Hopefully to a train station because there's no way they get there in time just by car

Yeah they made it ! :)
https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/868530908458082305

I was having a bit of a panic attack looking at the time estimation of a car trip from London to Lyon, calculating hen they would arrive :D

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 28, 2017, 11:50

Computer screen for live/dj show, or artwork?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/924239519867703297

Please god in heaven, let this be a new track!
So let your body rock...

New track  :music
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 28, 2017, 11:50

Computer screen for live/dj show, or artwork?

Gonna have to go with computer screen for live/DJ show, as painful as that is.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Oldschool, baby! Getting excited.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hit a brown note there at the end

Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017, 01:39 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 10, 2017, 01:33

Hit a brown note there at the end

Haha, I had to look this up. Indeed, brown note :D. Really powerful and sort of a Sunshine Underground moment. Can't wait for another one of those on a new record.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 10, 2017, 11:42

Haha, I had to look this up. Indeed, brown note :D.
I only heard this expression a couple of years back when Eddie Temple-Morris had Andy C in the Xfm studio playing DnB. Eddy was making his guest chuckle with that description of his music.  No googling required. I suspect this story isn't true but It would be kinda funny if it was.

On a slightly um, darker note, I remember seeing Irreversible in the cinema - one of the most difficult films I have ever managed to sit through (despite the presence of Monica Belluci and Vincent Cassel). The first half hour is just a really tough watch - not for the faint hearted (or stomached). And I read later on that Thomas Bangalter who did the soundtrack deliberately made something that would make the audience feel nauseous. See more HERE (two paragraphs under jack Nicholson) "Thomas Bangalter inserted infrasound – a layer of sub-bass noise below the range of the human ear – into his film Irreversible in order to inspire a feeling of dread in the audience before a particularly gruesome scene."

So if you want to try some barf-notes, watch Irreversible with a big sound system. See how long you last (the film does get easier after the opening half hour). There were walkouts when it was shown at Cannes, and also when I saw it.

See also the YT description for this. Can't hear a thing on my laptop speakers, but on headphones...yep. Headache for me.

Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017, 15:45 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We already knew they're working on new stuff, but here's the first (?) official mention of "album No 9":

"LIVE AUTUMN 2018"

Is this just an announcement of the coming tour ? (This could mean more non festival shows, not just the Paris one), or could it be a new live album announcement ?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/965199736587325440

I think that aerial might be the one at Alexandra Palace (the BBC's very first broadcast aerial, fact fans!). Not sure if that's a hint at a venue or just a nice picture. I'm betting on more gigs, not a live album.
IT'S MORNING TIME!