Started by Stefan, May 04, 2016, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
They just announced a show on September 9th in Gelsenkirchen, Germany:
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/727903393742786562

http://www.ticketmaster.de/event/178221?camefrom=de_thechemicalbrothers

Apparently a non-festival show!

The venue looks great:
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 18:29 by Stefan

Err, it's not that near... But who knows!

Fu#k, I just realized that's their one and only Germany gig they'll be doing?!?!? What the heck, grrr!
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 21:31 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This one is tempting.

I may well be visiting the better side of Europe over the summer and this could work.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Csar, don't you live in Germany? How is that not near? You know it's 2016, the cold war is over, the Berlin wall came down.

Definitely going to this one! The Venue looks fun and it isn't all that far from where I live - i'll see you there!
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:43 by ChemicalBob

Hmm interesting. Is there any good sightseeing in Gelsenkirchen or nearby?
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 13:49 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I think I'll be going to this one in stead of Pukkelpop. Amfitheather looks cool (red rocksy?) and it's a shorter drive, 1hr45min.

P.S. no Holland shows yet??

Quote from: kosek on May 05, 2016, 13:48

Hmm interesting. Is there any good sightseeing in Gelsenkirchen or nearby?

Düsseldorf and Köln aren't too far away. They're good fun and pretty.
But literally any German city will be great. Just go find a decent place to drink and gobble up delicious German food. Make friends with the bardame. Be merry.

Quote from: Bosco on May 05, 2016, 00:52

nein! nein! 2016

Csar, don't you live in Germany? How is that not near? You know it's 2016, the cold war is over, the Berlin wall came down.
Haha. German Angst! You're right. I'll see what I can sort out to go there. Really tempted. It's essentially the last chance to grab a BITE (tour) and I certainly would always bite my ass if I didn't try to go there because of a "mimimi, too far away" douch attitude :D.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

And I'm in Germany up until about a week before that show.  >:(
Oh well, can't win them all. Plus, already going to Dockville with mates.

CSAR, where are you located in Germany? We're doing a road trip for three weeks across the country. Drinks?

Enjoyed, What's your schedule? are you around London the early part of Aug? Also, if you're doing Germany, keep me in touch. Still mad I missed your show in DC.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on May 05, 2016, 19:12

Enjoyed, What's your schedule? are you around London the early part of Aug? Also, if you're doing Germany, keep me in touch. Still mad I missed your show in DC.

Hard to say at this point! My girlfriend is coming over from America at some point in the summer and we haven't figured out at all what we're doing. I want to take her to some of my favourite cities in Europe though so we'll probably head out to do that after I've bored her with England for a month or so. I'll keep you posted!

what the heck? 59€?  :o  are they kidding me? is there Orbital as opener or something? and i thought Underworld for 45€ is expensive...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: rynostar on May 05, 2016, 19:12

And I'm in Germany up until about a week before that show.  >:(
Oh well, can't win them all. Plus, already going to Dockville with mates.

CSAR, where are you located in Germany? We're doing a road trip for three weeks across the country. Drinks?

I live in Dresden, Saxony. You know, right behind the curtain. Or as we call it: the valley of the clueless. When are you touring the country?
Quote from: ThePumisher on May 06, 2016, 18:29

what the heck? 59€?  :o  are they kidding me? is there Orbital as opener or something? and i thought Underworld for 45€ is expensive...
Woha. That's kind of pricey. Next week is the official opening for ticket sales, right?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 06, 2016, 20:29

Next week is the official opening for ticket sales, right?
no, starting today at 12 a.m.. buying them right now, even though it must be the most expensive concert i've ever been to

edit: and i would totaly freak out if they announce a show in cologne

edit2: bought

edit3: if there is a forum meet-up i'm in

edit4: somebody should tell jeannie. gelsenkirchen is not that far from amsterdam
Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 21:11 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

and Oktoberfest opens just 8 days later...

My first thought when I saw a picture of the venue, was that the amphitheater looks eerily familiar to the scene in 'Apocalypse Now' when they fly in the Playboy bunnies for the troops. 
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:52 by Bosco

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 06, 2016, 20:55

edit: and i would totaly freak out if they announce a show in cologne
Where? Paladium? Or E-werk(that would be cool). OK checking it.
edit: read it wrong, thought it was announced allready

edit3: if there is a forum meet-up i'm in
I'm in. I'll go to Gelsenkirchen, that venue looks great, or wait for a anouncement for a gig in the Netherlands

edit4: somebody should tell jeannie. gelsenkirchen is not that far from amsterdam

She's informed but not sure if she's going
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 09:11 by Joslyn

According to the Amphitheater's FB page, this is their only Germany concert this year. So, no Cologne, no Dresden, no nothing else.  :'(
— Aurora (The Seed)

HOLY SHIT!!!! :o I have to pay € 14,90 for shipping the ticket to the Netherlands? What happened to email and printing a ticket? That's Bullcrap! € 75,- is too expensive, than Pukkelpop is the better option.
Ze Germans are keeping foreigners from coming to their shows