Off course
12 (23.5%)
That would be great but i don't think so
15 (29.4%)
If the album is great i don't need singles with b-sides
5 (9.8%)
No.
0 (0%)
3 singles. All in two version. Every version has at least one b-side and one remix.
17 (33.3%)
K+D+B is godlike
19 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 51

THese last few hours (15) are a killer!! Come on Friday!!!
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

First look of the Japanese edition???
Obi strip includes details of their Fuji Rock appearance and also details of the 3 bonus tracks.
Can't wait to get my copy (heading to Japan in May so I'll be purchasing at least two copies!!  ;D

time is creeping slowly!
And i'm thinking about being abstinent until the end of the day on friday... wanna hear the album in full tranquility and in all its glory :D

Official Japan bonus tracks are...

11 Fantai
12 MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)
13 Got To Keep On (Extended Mix)

I went to check a store to see if they broke the embargo by putting it on the shelves early but unfortunately nothing. Will have to buy it after work tomorrow.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I want that Japanese edition, but unfortunately have to wait for payday next week :(

I'll probably stay up til midnight down here to hear the previews on iTunes as a taster.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 11, 2019, 11:17

I want that Japanese edition, but unfortunately have to wait for payday next week :(
Same thing.
Hi Kevin!

I've posted this in the difficult subjects but I'll forever remember this on the eve of (destruction) the release of this new album that Julian Assange has been evicted and arrested:

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 11, 2019, 11:36

And this just happened on the eve of No Geography being released.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=stTMt1tLT4g&fbclid=IwAR2fI77Yzc9OFsx1uNJFS0seV03Sm4nVeP5xqFlb_xMvf32psj6y7V4K1ZY

Wikileaks posted the video 10 min ago.

Kind of odd it happened now.

Quote from: nekoland on Apr 11, 2019, 10:56

It leaked
Quick, quick, get a bucket!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 11, 2019, 11:53

Quick, quick, get a bucket!
Got one and now I'm pouring it allll over me.

Eve Of Destruction. That Bass! The energy of the track now! Feels like a massive remix.
Now it sounds like a single. There better be a long/extended version. I want more of that bass, more of all of it, really.

The album really clips along. Almost like it's in a hurry.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Really eager to listen to this one since it didn't realy click with me when it first surfaced. There are still 9 hours and 47 painful minutes of waiting for me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So, now that it's officially out in some parts of the globe, here's my review after a few listens:

Eve of Destruction
So much better than the version they played in their DJ Sets ! I'm glad they removed the "Ah, ah" vocals. The track feels very polished and it's one of the best on the album

Bango
I like how the first two tracks flow in together. I love the chopped "bang go bang go bang" vocals, but I feel like Aurora's vocals were quite unnecessary. Overall I really like it. It kinda feels like the lovechild of A Modern Midnight Conversation and Come Inside

No Geography
This really sounds like Orbital. I have mixed feelings on this track. It feels a little rushed (didn't Tom or Ed say somewhere it was the last track they wrote on the album ?), but I still enjoy it.

Got To Keep On
Still as good as it ever was, it blends in really well with the rest of the album

Gravity Drops
Weakest track of the album. Quite empty, goes nowhere... Really feels like a filler to complete the album :(

The Universe Sent Me
Upon first listen, it didn't really click, but after each listen I love it more and more, to the point that I think it's my favourite track of the album now ! My only problem with this track is that I always hear "Hi Kevin... Hi Kevin..."

We've got to try
It's a nice touch to put this track right after The Universe Sent Me, closing on the "I cave in" loop, with the response "I know we can make it girl, if we just try". Overall, the construction and cohesion of the album is a success. Born in the Echoes lacked that a lot.

Free Yourself
I feel like I heard it a thousand times already and don't know how to process the track anymore in the context of the album. The vocals take a new sense with the political message of the rest of the album for sure

MAH
I wish they'd take more from the EBW version but it's still a banger

Catch Me I'm Falling
Just like Gravity Drops, I'm not too fond of this track. Doesn't really go anywhere, but it has some more interesting ideas than Gravity Drops.

The Brexit message is more obvious than ever after hearing the lyrics of most of the tracks (and if it was not obvious enough, Brexit was initially supposed to happen tomorrow, on the day the album is out).

Overall, I'm pretty overwhelmed by how good the album is, after a so-so Born In The Echoes. I can't wait to hear the new tracks live, and I think there will be some disapointements over what track gets to be in the tour, because almost all of them would sound phenomenal.

Not trying be negative on this momentus occasion but the irony is there of protesting 'No Geography' when its already officially released in some parts of the country and only having those bonus tracks available from Japan.  :D ???

Still processing the album as well but I'm even more blown away and overwhelmed with each listen. It's just so good. I agree with Ben_j that Gravity Drops is the weakest on the album but I feel like that disappointment will fade with continued listening.

No Geography needs to be longer, but it may be the way it's edited for vinyl (ends side B side A) and will flow better on CD? Will have to wait to confirm that.

Looking forward to giving it a more thorough review and seeing what everyone else has to say once it's sunk in  :)
Last Edit: Apr 11, 2019, 14:44 by actionjackson780

Btw did anyone get their hands on the Japanese bonus tracks yet?

Easily my favorite Chemical Brothers record in a while. It has a Come With Us vibe, which I appreciate because it is my favorite of their albums.
This is so much more enjoyable than Born in the Echoes! I'm loving it.

Listening to it right now, the title track is very beautiful.

Quote from: Hoops on Apr 11, 2019, 13:31

Listening to it right now, the title track is very beautiful.

Oh yeah! :D It's amazing
And what do you think about the final Eve of Destruction?
It feels kinda different but... I like it! :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?