Feels Like I'm Dreaming

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Future Prophecies - Elektra/Eastern Organic 12'' (2005)

Elektra

Eastern Organic

no idea, no idea

Easily one of the best concerts of my life. The level of quality of the musicians, Beth Gibbons' perfect singing, never out of tune... It's really unmatched.

It Began In Afrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka
no idea, no idea

I'm liking how Bobby McFerrin (1:09) is being used more often within electronic music lately (and not just with his son Taylor, who is amazing as well). I loved the Joe mix of Thinking About Your Body. This recent Ogris Debris mix used Opportunity nicely imo.

https://soundcloud.com/gillespetersonworldwide/ogris-debris-mix

So the current Primal Scream album is growing on me. Some of it is really quite good.
And both tracks on this Record Store Day 12" they released yesterday are really quite good too.
The B-side is a beautiful moody instrumental reminding me of Factory artists Durutti Column and Joy Division (in their quieter moments).
The A-side is is this groovy thing featuring Jason Pierce from Spiritualized/Spacemen 3. For me, this is a case of the cover version being better than the original:

Original version:

You might notice that the backing vocals on the Primals version have actually been culled from the original S Express version.
Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 15:41 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Anyone here follow KEXP's playlist account on twitter? They've been playng songs by one artist for the past six hours:
https://twitter.com/kexpplaylist/status/723280736854253568
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Beyonce feat. Jack White (yeah, really). DON'T HURT YOURSELF.
From 12.30 here:
https://vimeo.com/163983322
IT'S MORNING TIME!

To be honest, that was pretty cool. Great collaboration.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, not that bad. But then again I've always kinda liked Beyonce's stuff.

Still my favourite Boards of Canada track :

I know, I know, double post 'n' everything.

BUT...

It's new Lone!

I know Androidgeoff hadn't heard any Lone until I made him listen to it when we drove home from pizza that one time. But if anyone else hasn't heard his stuff, you should really check it out.
Start with Galaxy Garden for a full album. And then seek out Airglow Fires, 2 is 8 and Begin to Begin.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)