1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

US Elections 2016

Started by ThePumisher, Nov 08, 2016, 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic
FUCK THIS SHIT.

I am embarrassed to be an American right now. 

Ooh..

I have only one thought. And why there are so hotly debated only the elections in the US? Why do I not see the topics in forums about the elections, such as Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, the Czech Republic?

I want to tell you a bad word, but I will not.
And then you still somehow discussing about politics and about cancelling Chems show in Israel.

I'm feeling really sad at this time, 'cause i thought it's a place to everyone to share the feelings about all of the world in cultural language.

No, now it has become political.
Ok.
Last Edit: Nov 09, 2016, 21:12 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 09, 2016, 21:03
I'm feeling really sad at this time, 'cause i thought it's a place to everyone to share the feelings about all of the world in cultural language.

I think we are human and sometimes an international conversation regarding current events is constructive, even more so when speaking to fellow artist-types. I'm not sure if you're implying something specific about the U.S., but this election has been international news for some time. We have several American members here and clearly several non-American members knowledgeable about events here. Additionally, in this forum we've discussed other major world events, such as the Paris attacks or Brexit. It's not all about the U.S., and none here that I've spoken to would want it that way. But...this election IS a big deal with implications for the world.

If you have some world views you want to discuss, you should. I've found this to be an awesome group, even when I don't agree with everything someone says. So if you have something you want to say, say it and open the conversation. Otherwise, just skip the politics threads. I skip the sports ones and never think twice. Also, one on the admins even moved this to its own thread so it is easily avoided.
Last Edit: Nov 09, 2016, 21:54 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I have only one thought. And why there are so hotly debated only the elections in the US? Why do I not see the topics in forums about the elections, such as Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, the Czech Republic?

Sure, there are enough political topics to talk about. One that concerns me, for instance, is the development in Turkey since the failed coup to overthrow President Erdogan in July 2016.

I think why the US election creates such a hubbub is because, firstly, the POTUS is a very powerful and important player in international politics. Secondly, the US election itself IS a huge media circus.

I do think that an argument can be made for not overly discussing politics, as they tend to get emotional and the internet is the absolute worst place to have emotional discussions.
However, in times like these, we cannot afford to not get political anymore.

Ooh..

I want to tell you a bad word, but I will not.
And then you still somehow discussing about politics and about cancelling Chems show in Israel.

No, now it has become political.
Ok.
Explud, please don't feel mad. I know  that it can be (or even is) really frustrating to see and hear all this fuzz about this event all day. But one can't also deny that this is a major event affecting global politics in one way or another, at least since the end of WW2.
This very forum, like Satur8 indicated, has always been a place were forumites commented on everything that happend at the time, be it politics, society or arts etc and I would feel sad if this would change. So I'm glad this got its own topic making it easy to avoid if one wants to.
-----------------------------------------------

What really grinds my gears with this electoral result is that a person with this big of an ego once again just gets his way. This vote simply is a ballot-casted reinforcement for his type of personality, probably making him even more believe that he can get and do whatever he wants (remeber the 5th Ave. example?). It'll only endorse his illusion of being a smart smart man capable of just everything. He's a profitieer of the social and political climate but surely will attribute all this to himself and his skills. It sickens me that posers like him often enough get the recognition they don't deserve.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just a quick note:

As an American, I am embarrassed. I am ashamed.

But I remain resolute that I will do everything in my power to ensure that the rights of everyone in this country are protected.

for our friends. for our family. for everyone who is hurting or scared right now. here is a song we wrote months ago. we werent planning on releasing it yet but... well it feels right, now. it's about fear and it's about love and it's about wanting more for all of us. it's called "2100". we hope it finds you well.

love,
jaime and mike

Topics about elections in Russia? Mate, there's no thing in the whole world that would be more boring than elections with just one candidate/faction. You know it as well.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

What to say about politics in Balkan quagmire? Things here are the same as they were in early 90's, minus the wars. I almost never brought it up because is beyond depressing and, I suspect, of little interest to anyone who is not living here.
And to be honest, not just depressing. Shameful comes to mind, and I'm being gentle.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Every day the news is worse, with some bullshit appointment or horrifying revelation as the media presses nothing. 

It really is dampinging the holiday season for many Americans, and I imagine the world, as we see what is coming.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Just bumping to celebrate the nazi punch heard 'round the world

we got work to do
Last Edit: Jan 26, 2017, 03:30 by Bosco

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Dec 22, 2016, 17:28

Whiskey helps. 

Thankfully, marijuana is fully legal in California. At least for now. So there's that.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jan 30, 2017, 14:32

Thankfully, marijuana is fully legal in California. At least for now. So there's that.

Seriously considering joining you for that little escape. All the news I keep reading, along with the current stress of sorting out how to move here and live with my fiancée is really too much sometimes.
Jimmy Johns and Flipz only help up to a point...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 31, 2017, 01:18

This is seriously worth a read, folks.
well, that was interesting... and depressing as hell!
I kind of expected for orange buffoon to ease up, since he'll be under constant scrutiny as soon as he enters WH, but man, he still surprises, no? I feel really bad for you folk over the pond, with crap he's pulling, I'm mad here, I can imagine how it stresses you out.
We are living in interesting times...
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!