I'm Dancing In the Shadow of Love

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Another new Lone track
https://soundcloud.com/lone-1/lone-vapour-trail

Also, MSTRKRFT are back after a long hiatus, and they're going pretty hard
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:49 by Ben_j

While everyone is gushing over the new Radiohead track, Ima be playing new Adult Jazz over and over...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Ben_j on May 04, 2016, 12:39

Also, MSTRKRFT are back after a long hiatus, and they're going pretty hard
Oh, I absolutely loved the first MSTRKRFT album, and the scond one wasn't bad. Not sure about this new track though.

I remember seeing Death From Above 1979 live back in 2005. They were kind of a hip band to be into, so I was really surprised when, a year later Jesse was slagging off the band and saying how he had lost interest long before his bandmate, and it was all about MSTRKRFT now. In fact I saw MSTRKRFT DJ-ing at Turmills around '07 and remember thinking it was sooo different from DFA1979.
Then MSTRKRFT seemed to disappear and DFA1979 released an album and went on tour in 2014, followed by a live album in 2016... And now MSTRKRFT reappear.
Moral of the story: never believe what people say in interviews.

Interesting fact:  Mastercraft is a well known brand in the band's home country of Canada,(at least it was in 2006 when I was there).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 04, 2016, 19:19

Interesting fact:  Mastercraft is a well known brand in the band's home country of Canada,(at least it was in 2006 when I was there).

Oh, Canadian Tire and your money. It's (almost) legal tender throughout parts of Canada. I think some Tim Horton's will take Canadian Tire money.

MSTRKRFT is starting their tour at U Street Music Hall here in DC come June 1. I'm thinking of going as it says the gig is supposed to be [LIVE]. I'm intrigued if that means anything more setup than the SXSW vids I've seen. And I'm amazed Jesse is hopping between DFA 1979 & MSTRKRFT tours this spring/summer. I'm thinking about going to Baltimore for the DFA 1979 at the end of June. Last time I saw DFA 1979 was in November 2011. Prior to the start of the show my ex told me she was cheating on me. Man, did I need that mosh pit that night. I still think I need to apologize to some people at that show for being overly aggressive.

As for me now, Cuban funk mistress.
https://soundcloud.com/brownswood/bwood0151lp-b3-dayme-onetakes-stuck-mstrd
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on May 05, 2016, 18:47

Oh, Canadian Tire and your money. It's (almost) legal tender throughout parts of Canada. I think some Tim Horton's will take Canadian Tire money.

MSTRKRFT is starting their tour at U Street Music Hall here in DC come June 1. I'm thinking of going as it says the gig is supposed to be [LIVE]. I'm intrigued if that means anything more setup than the SXSW vids I've seen. And I'm amazed Jesse is hopping between DFA 1979 & MSTRKRFT tours this spring/summer. I'm thinking about going to Baltimore for the DFA 1979 at the end of June. Last time I saw DFA 1979 was in November 2011. Prior to the start of the show my ex told me she was cheating on me. Man, did I need that mosh pit that night. I still think I need to apologize to some people at that show for being overly aggressive.

As for me now, Cuban funk mistress.
https://soundcloud.com/brownswood/bwood0151lp-b3-dayme-onetakes-stuck-mstrd
Apparently it's an all hardware show with modular synth, drum machines and all. Looks rather exciting

Been listening to a ton of Future Funk recently. It's French House, only no one making it or listening to it has noticed because they're all too busy being ironic.

Never for money, always for love.

^ Woah, major 80's flashbacks there. All that's missing is Michael Jackson's hair catching fire at 01.28.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Banned from the radio in 1981, rereleased as an acid remix by Todd Terje in 2016

The intro has a very strong In Flagranti vibe to it
Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 17:18 by Ben_j

Ed Simons has a public account on Spotify now, with a couple of playlists.

From his Congos playlist, this one caught my ear:

And from his Summer 2016 playlist, a couple of tunes that I recognised (amongst many that I don't)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

^ I've been on a serious Cure kick, so I'm with Ed on "Catch."  On a related note, I'm seeing them for the 3rd time (almost exactly twenty years since the last) next month.  Can.  Not.  Fucking.  Wait.

They played riot fest a few years ago and were insane. Have fun!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently listening to Los Ninos from the new Boys Noize album.
Also liking the title track, Mayday - complete with blatant Kraftwerk Tour de France breathing samples.
And the not-especially-original but definitely fun Rock The Bells which heavily uses that old hip hop sample from Bob James' Take Me To The Mardis Gras.

The rest of the album isn't doing it for me yet. But then I've never been a BN fan with a capital F.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Beats International - Dub Be Good To Me

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 16, 2016, 01:14

Currently listening to Los Ninos from the new Boys Noize album.
Also liking the title track, Mayday - complete with blatant Kraftwerk Tour de France breathing samples.
And the not-especially-original but definitely fun Rock The Bells which heavily uses that old hip hop sample from Bob James' Take Me To The Mardis Gras.

The rest of the album isn't doing it for me yet. But then I've never been a BN fan with a capital F.

Not the greatest album... I love Revolt, but the rest is pretty weak.

Did you notice "Los Niños" is sampling/covering one of Tom & Ed's favorite, Los Niños del Parque ? (that you can hear in Confront your Demons)
Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:01 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on May 17, 2016, 11:56
Did you notice "Los Niños" is sampling/covering one of Tom & Ed's favorite, Los Niños del Parque ? (that you can hear in Confront your Demons)
Ahhh yes that's where I've heard it before. Though not too often as I only got hold of Confront Your Demons recently following Csar's help over on the Chems DJ Mix thread (thanks Csar).

Quote from: Ben_j on May 17, 2016, 11:56

Not the greatest album... I love Revolt
An interesting but odd track though. The first couple of minutes are all about speaker punishment, and then the end section sounds like a fat guy trying to sing through a breathing apparatus. But the vocal 'melody' if you can call it that, sounds like something I know from somewhere else too.

Maybe I'm thinking of this. Maybe I'm not...
Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 14:39 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

SERIOUSLY looking forward to seeing her at Glastonbury in a few weeks.

Jimmy Cliff - Guns Of Brixton

no idea, no idea