My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

Cylinders is the bomb.. also new album kinda confirmed?

Started by i0ne, Jun 17, 2022, 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Boys and Girls!
Long time been here.. so excuse me if this is old news..
Lately seeing Tom and Ed in the studio again, so not really a surprise also :D

But listening to Lauren this morning with a lovely call in from Tom explaining how they created the track cylinders.. loads of random tv voices through flangers, phasers and what not (loving these insights!).

Lauren mentioned they are indeed working on a new album!

anyway.. super happy with all the old/new releases!
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2022, 09:31 by i0ne

Ione - your a hero for that clip!

Cylinders is grand chemical revisit to the 90s for me. It's really lush track with that added effect that's similar to Fatboy Slims Next to Nothing.It gives me warm qualities that Ive gotten form KDB and also has a nice ambient that pulls me in like Another World does.

Gonna get first play when that vinyl hits my front door.

Toms take on the track is eye-opening. Tv to mixing desk to record and add effects to sounds and voices? Sounds like my day of staying home and lying down in the living room carpet with T and E providing ambient chemicals.

Luv it luv it luv it!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm obsessed with Cylinders at the moment. It just feels so warm. Like watching the sun come up after being snug under the stars. It's so good and so glad it's now shared.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Well, the bros said, that the album is in the making, but still kinda far from finish, but the two new trax, which were already debuted on december DJ sets simply slaps.

Also Cylinders was the last one track, that I was really expecting from the DYOH sessions, the Chems ambient, which was really surprising!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?