Got Glint?

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I still do a search for this from time to time and listen to it. Its around about that time I was in NY for a holiday and would find the same video to listen to trying to sleep from the time difference/jet lag.

Actually as I type this, the beats to the wide open remix sound similar to 'Free yourself' maybe early development of that song in the making.

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I initially assumed (in 2013) that the vocalist on this track was Chris Malinchak. But apparently he's the producer. The song 'samples' Marvin Gaye but the vocals are actually those of Daniel Pearce probably via Replay Heaven, whose services were also used by the Chems on BITE. Because Daniel Pearce is also the main vocalist on Sometimes I Feel So Deserted.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Last Edit: Dec 03, 2017, 19:21 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

The Carpenters - Ticket To Ride

no idea, no idea

The 12" for Bjork's Human Behaviour was my first exposure to Underworld back in '93. There was a slow vocal mix at 110 BPM and also a 125 BPM dub version that sounded more like typical Underworld. I never heard this limited Dub(2) until well into the internet age, but it's superior to them both.

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2017, 03:42 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

The second half of this track needs a Rowlands/Chemical rework to make it bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher. But it is kinda gorgeous, and kinda new. Thanks to Erol Alkan for "raising awareness" of this track.
Avalon Emerson: One More Fluorescent Rush

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Another local band I dig doing well OS. Totally forgot to add this when it came out. Epic. And all power to them for releasing multiple albums in a year, who does that especially these days?:

Last Edit: Dec 17, 2017, 08:35 by MIKL

Quote from: Skyscraper on Dec 17, 2017, 03:00

The second half of this track needs a Rowlands/Chemical rework to make it bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher. But it is kinda gorgeous, and kinda new. Thanks to Erol Alkan for "raising awareness" of this track.
Avalon Emerson: One More Fluorescent Rush

This is really great. Love the video too.
Going to dig into this some more. Thanks for sharing!

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

^ Ah Rex The Dog, formerly known as JX (of "Son Of A Gun" fame). He doesn't seem to get much attention these days. I guess he went from being commercial to non-commercial which isn't how it usually goes.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 17, 2017, 20:53

This is really great. Love the video too.
Going to dig into this some more. Thanks for sharing!
Good. Incidentally I think she needs to lose the glasses and fringe ("bangs") and go back to her look in this video.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I loved his Prototype and Sequencer and remixes he did, but that was over 10 years ago.
There was a time he was commercial?

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 20, 2017, 12:16

I loved his Prototype and Sequencer
I think I have his "The Rex The Dog Show" album (2008) somewhere in my CD collection which has Prototype and Frequency (I think you meant Frequency not Sequencer) on it.

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 20, 2017, 12:16

There was a time he was commercial?
Yes as "JX". Check his Discogs page. Or just check the vids below (I really like the first two tracks, after that...meh)

He also wrote and remixed Planet Perfecto's
and released trance-tastic
on Perfecto under the name Mekka.
It appears he switched from his JX moniker to Rex The Dog around 2003/04. His final JX single, Restless having a

Of his more recent stuff, Music Hypnotises from 2015 is probably my favourite (after the first 40 seconds)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I never heard of JX, will listen to videos you so graciously linked when I get home.

But I meant Sequencer, although Frequency is a good track, but I've listened it so much, it's almost bad :)
Sequencer was on some maxi single, if memory serves. Amazing, amazing track even after all those years.

God, haven't listen to Rex's Sequencer in ages. One of two tracks from him i really really relly love. The other one is Itchy Scratchy.
no idea, no idea

Not in a million years would I guess that same guy did Frequency and Son of a gun.

Let me just say I'm delighted he moved from JX sound as far as he did.

I used to love You Belong to Me when I was still in high school. It was another one of those artists where I'd wish they released a whole album that I liked but that was the only song I liked. I didn't like Son of a Gun at that same time I thought it was cheesy and not bad ass enough like You Belong to Me.

Not sure if any of you know this aussie group but they've been around for a while and have just released a new album which the music is more in line of when I was curious to follow them more when they first started back in the  early 00s late 90s maybe. They haven't always hit the mark with some of the albums they've released after that time. Some very cheesy but some songs they still make you can't help but like and think it was from someone else anyway. One guy is actually one half of Empire of the Sun. Pnau have been around before that band happened. This new album isn't  perfect, but there are still some tracks that I don't mind:

Last Edit: Dec 22, 2017, 23:09 by MIKL