Further

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's a remix =)

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 10, 2023, 10:09
Usually the remixes come a bit later I feel?

Erol Alkan and Avalanches probably fair guesses. Overmono maybe too given they are supporting the US dates (would LOVE to see this)
Special Request / Paul Woodford also has it, he said he played it in Montreal. Very good shout too i think
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

The video has this link in the description: https://thechemicalbrothers.lnk.to/NoReason

That link has the normal links to socials but now contains this updated image with font and chemical brothers logo. Now that we have font and title, looks like we have official single artwork.

Please log in to view this attachment.
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2023, 19:30 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 10, 2023, 14:08
Special Request / Paul Woodford also has it, he said he played it in Montreal.
Where did he say that? Instagram?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 09, 2023, 21:26
An EP is most likely to be a collection of remixes in this day and age, no?
Any hot predictions (or out-there wishes) for who might be doing one?
I might have got a bit carried away when I highlighted the "EP" part of Instant's post. It may well just be a way of differentiating a 12" single from an album on that website. At the moment I'm leaning towards an original B-side track.

Having said that, the remix question is of course still valid, even if they're just digital releases like with TDTYF (I think).

You and I and others did some previous speculating about remixes for the new album cycle here and indeed Overmono was one of the names that came up (their remix of I Have A Love by For Those I Love was great).
As for Special Request and The Avalanches, they have both remixed the Chems before. Would those remixers be used again, or would Team Chemical seek out new remixers to keep things current/fresh?

Because Fatboy Slim used the same "Woo" (Janet Jackson sample I/we think) on a track years ago, my mind goes to him, but again he's been used before and isn't really a current name for making things relevant to 2023.
Despite the lyrics, No Reason has quite a fun and funky vibe to it. So someone who wants to play with that vibe would make sense.

TEED?
Hot Chip (or too 'old' now? Plus Joe Goddard previously used)
Warmduscher?
TSHA?
Jungle?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I doubt that this will be the album artwork, more likely it will be the single's/vinyl's.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 10, 2023, 19:10
I doubt that this will be the album artwork, more likely it will be the single's/vinyl's.
That's what I meant...but I blame not having my morning coffee yet. No Reason To Live (with no coffee in Ryno's life)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 10, 2023, 17:21
TEED?
TSHA?
Jungle?
I like the sound of these!

I had no idea Jungle had done any remixes (T Swift, apparently) but would be interested to hear their take.

Pour moi? Henry Saiz. Please & thank you.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Two parallel threads about the same song. Can we merge them and change the topic title to just "No Reason" because of my inner Monk?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 09, 2023, 20:21
As this is the original thread for No Reason, I think this is the one that should be pinned, not the other one.
Or else merge 'em.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 11, 2023, 00:05
Two parallel threads about the same song. Can we merge them and change the topic title to just "No Reason" because of my inner Monk?

I see No Reason not to.
:L
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

May your soul be blessed with Hot Acid Rhythm #2
no idea, no idea

You can't handle 2 ropics, you can't handle 2 Hot Acid Rhythms!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 10, 2023, 17:21
Where did he say that? Instagram?
I might have got a bit carried away when I highlighted the "EP" part of Instant's post. It may well just be a way of differentiating a 12" single from an album on that website. At the moment I'm leaning towards an original B-side track.
Having said that, the remix question is of course still valid, even if they're just digital releases like with TDTYF (I think).
You and I and others did some previous speculating about remixes for the new album cycle here and indeed Overmono was one of the names that came up (their remix of I Have A Love by For Those I Love was great).
As for Special Request and The Avalanches, they have both remixed the Chems before. Would those remixers be used again, or would Team Chemical seek out new remixers to keep things current/fresh?
Because Fatboy Slim used the same "Woo" (Janet Jackson sample I/we think) on a track years ago, my mind goes to him, but again he's been used before and isn't really a current name for making things relevant to 2023.
Despite the lyrics, No Reason has quite a fun and funky vibe to it. So someone who wants to play with that vibe would make sense.
TEED?
Hot Chip (or too 'old' now? Plus Joe Goddard previously used)
Warmduscher?
TSHA?
Jungle?

this one mate - 2manydjs comment too

Hot Chip definitely still a contender. Fatboy is having a big resurgence in the UK, not the worst option for sure and obviously a very big name.

I don't think TSHA for a remix but 100% a prime candidate for a full song
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Csar on Mar 11, 2023, 01:23
You can't handle 2 ropics, you can't handle 2 Hot Acid Rhythms!

no idea, no idea

Fan art by someone who knows about the coloured vinyl (a member or lurker here?).
And they're...having a guess(?) at what's on each side.
3 slides.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

So I guess yet another music video with people dancing? 😒

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 13, 2023, 22:04

Well, it's kinda their schtick to make dance music, so...

Hey convenient store loitering suburban kids from the 90's, does the color scheme not remind us of a pack of watermelon Hubba Bubba or Bubblicious?

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 13, 2023, 22:04
Sometimes it's robots

Or fish
no idea, no idea