Feels Like I'm Dreaming

Star Wars

Started by Ben_j, Dec 13, 2015, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Only 3 days to wait ! (or 5 for the rest of the world. That's right, we're getting Episode 7 two days before everyone else ! most of the world, since a bunch of ther countries have a 16/12 release date too )

I've started watching all of the movies again, starting with Episode 1, that I ended up skipping because it was too awful. I'm gonna watch the rest using the Machete order : 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 with 2 and 3 acting as a flashback after the shocking revelation of Vader being Luke's father, showing how Anakin grew to become Vader.
I wish Topher Grace's cut was released, it's an 85mn cut of Episodes 2 and 3 skipping all of the crappy parts. Unfortunately he made a deal with Lucas to never release it publicly.
I'm pretty sure Episode 7 will be much better than any of the prequel films. They failed on so many levels, especially The Phantom Menace...

Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 13:34 by Ben_j

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 13, 2015, 16:12

The Robot Chicken Star Wars skits are always awesome :D They put a few of them in the Star Wars blu rays

Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 17:18 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 13, 2015, 13:26

I wish Topher Grace's cut was released, it's an 85mn cut of Episodes 2 and 3 skipping all of the crappy parts. Unfortunately he made a deal with Lucas to never release it publicly.

Well

So now I've found Cereal Prize's website which features not only the trailer/e-vite for the screening Topher Grace showed to 50 people, but also four super geeks talking about it in an underground car park having just watched the screening. I could only manage nine minutes of those guys before the geekdom became too much.
Has anyone watched this edit? is it... Good?Bad?Ugly?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Dec 13, 2015, 19:42

Has anyone watched this edit? is it... Good?Bad?Ugly?
The Topher Grace edit or the one you posted below ? If the Topher Grace one, then no-one has seen it except for those 50 people and friends and family of Topher, because of the deal with Lucas.

I meant the one I posted.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I started watching it. Some of the editing feels weird

Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015, 23:29 by Ben_j

It was 40 years ago today (13th Dec) that 20th Century Fox green-lit a little science fiction film from American Graffiti director George Lucas.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Do you think The Force Awakens will explain how Yoda ended up selling phones, or will that be in the next one?

(Google Vodafone Yoda if they didn't show the adverts in your part of the universe)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Dec 14, 2015, 12:09

This reminds me of 2ManyDJs' Under the Cover sets animations for some reason

I'm going on opening day. Very excited.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Hype level extreme, It's gonna be awesome.

Last Edit: Dec 15, 2015, 01:06 by Nekcore

Got a Thursday pass! Gonna check it out when I get off work. Screw the 3D and Imax shows.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

That's funny, I could get to see Star Wars first day, but since it was not in IMAX, I couldn't care less
I'm going to see SW in imax on Monday, yay!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I'm super hyped for the movie, but won't see it until the 23rd. Fortunately, there's help in case a wild spoiler appears:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/27/new-google-chrome-app-blocks-all-star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers?CMP=twt_gu

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 15, 2015, 22:43

I'm super hyped for the movie, but won't see it until the 23rd. Fortunately, there's help in case a wild spoiler appears:
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/nov/27/new-google-chrome-app-blocks-all-star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoilers?CMP=twt_gu
Too bad about the Mark Hamill shaped spoiler half way down the left hand side of that article. I would expect better from the Guardian.
IT'S MORNING TIME!