For That Beautiful Feeling

9. September 2016, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

Started by Stefan, May 04, 2016, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Sep 07, 2016, 15:56

Now that roaming charges are down, we could get in touch by phone too,
Me thinks you're a bit early with that :D roaming is down next year.
no idea, no idea

Excited for you guys!

I urge all of you to participate in the meetup no matter how awkward it may feel. Make sure to get a good post-show group photo! I want to see all that gleaming Glint!

I try to not forget my camera (my phone sucks). Does anyone of you have the means of recording the show's audio? I reckon my phone won't be able to handle it.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

8 hours until the C. The H. The E. The M. The I. The C. The A. The L. The Brothers! The BROTHERS!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 16, 2016, 14:50

Nice little meetup (so far):

• Joslyn
  • Csar
  • Stefan
  • ChemicalBob
  • some friends of ChemicalBob
  • Toxic
  • Fine Time
  • a buddy from me
  • me (ThePumisher)

Damn! I didn't know all of you guys were going! Oh i hope you brought your dancing shoes with you. I want some big ass reviews when you get back.

And a group pic wouldnt hurt either! Have fun! Ill be there in spirit when SG plays!😉
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

while we wait, found this on twitter

https://twitter.com/PatSnowpaw/status/774329470958313472

cool perspective from across the river it looks like

Hello world!

The meet-up was a bit smaller than the list above but still gorgeous => Toxic, Joslyn, Stefan, Csar and me. And everyone brought some other people with them. There is a group picture but i dunno who has it on the phone.

Setlist was awesome, but they've could have been on stage a bit longer. They went on stage at 09:15 or 09:20 and left at 11:00. The location was awesome, never had such a good view before, and it was loud as fuck.
From the setlist, no suprises if you had followed the threads from the others show. Someone wrote somewhere that they've played K+D+B but this was not the case yesterday. They mashed up C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. with Siren & Leave Home so there aren't any news of what to expect from the studio version of chemical. When they played In Glint they had this large "parabolic antenna" (or how to describe it) hoovering above their heads which was quiet impressive. And robots. And this ultra fucking loud tuba guy. And sadly no Snow/Surface and no Reel  :(

Csar recorded the whole show (audio only) so stay tuned for more happy days.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 10, 2016, 07:31
Someone wrote somewhere that they've played K+D+B but this was not the case yesterday

Nah, they didn't. I was just messing with you.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Bummer that they didn't flavor up the setlist a bit. Are you sure they went on for ~1 hour and 45 mins? Don't they usually get the typical set done in an 1 hour and 30 mins? Anything over would have me assume that you would get some sort of encore.

The crowd looked pretty amped from the short clips I have seen. Would have loved to be a part of this.

Happy all of you, for the most part, met up.

It was a great night. Met some great people and had a great time. Had a fun drive with Toxic + GF and met Stefan, Pumisher and Csar over there (the latter being a bit illegal  ;) ). Great guys, Pumisher enjoying himself low key behind us while Stefan was dancing his ass off next to me. Toxic and myself seemed to have crossed paths more than a couple of times over the last 20 years without knowing each other. The venue was awesome. The Amfitheater is set in a park so we could chill in the sun before the gates opened. Eventually in the venue Holly was spinning the tunes and building the atmosphere. With the Setting Sun (pun intended) we would see boats floating by in a green tree filled backdrop. Cue Tom & Ed.
Last show I've seen was Werchter last year. They changed the set a bit with some tacks dropped (sad not to hear Snow/Surface) and tracks added (hurray for In Glint in a awesome mix). It was also the first I've seen lights being re-arranged on stage, added or removed during the show. This could also been done of the fact is was a small stage. And really weird that the show wasn't sold out with part of the left and right side of the stand closed which reduced a quarter of the capacity.
The performance was great. With the return of Ed you can hear the sounds he adds to the show. With Adam on stage it sounded more messy (Sorry Adam, love the visuals though ;D). And Ed was so happy coming to the front of the stage more often than I've seen him do, raising his hands and aplauding the crowd. Awesome to have Ed back (never leave again  :()
The only but major downside was no encore. The being a Chems only show there should have been an encore. I was really hoping to hear Reflexion and TSSU but any other track would have sufficed. This probably due to a curfew. Than again the started the show at 21:15 in stead of 21:00 an the show ended at 22:50. So that 1hr35 where (almost) 2hrs should have been possible.
so for the setlist, I'm doing this out of memory so I will have some things mixed up:
Spoiler

Hey Boy Hey Girl
Sometimes I feel so deserted
Chemical Beats
*missing*
Do it again/GYH
Go
Swoon
Temptation/Star Guitar
In Dust we trust
EBW7/Setting Sun/Out of control/
EML Ritual
Saturate
Elektrobank
I'll see you there
It doens't matter
In Glint
-intermezzo-
Escape velocity/Golden Path
Under the influence/The Test
Galvanize
Leave Home/Song to the Siren/ C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.
Block rockin' beats
Forumites: Future gigs, I'll see you there  :D

Heeey! First of all sorry that I didn't participate in the meetup - things went a bit complicated with my friends because a few of them couldn't go last minute... But I made it there!

The Show was amazing- and actually a lot better compared to their gig at SonneMondSterne Festival last year (Damn these aoki fans who just went to the bros for a good spot! Haha)

Sadly they couldn't play the reel because of Loudness restrictions (they basically have to stop playing at 23:00 at that venue), but I was pretty wasted after block rocking beats anyways :D

Hey all, just made it home safe and sound (my flight arrived on late afternoon in Vienna but I went directly from the airport to a birthday party)

It was amazing! Yes, I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't play an encore and the setlist was the same as on the Zürich Open Air which I visited just two weeks ago, so no major suprises for me there. However this was not setback for me. The venue is absolutely fantastic, both in atmosphere and especially in acoustics! This was also the first Chems show where I wasn't more or less in front of the stage, as we watched it from the first to steps of the tiers. It was less frantic (I've had my fair share of this in Zürich) but better to appreciate the visuals! Also there was nobody blocking our view (this is how concerts must feel for people who are 2 meters tall).
And of course the Forum meetup was lovely! It was great to meet all of you in person and enjoy a Chems gig with people who share appreciation and enthusiasm for this music  :)
I hope that there will be more meetups in the future!

I took some pics of the venue and during the show, you can see them here:
https://goo.gl/photos/PtN2NNKa2aWGXvSLA

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 10, 2016, 21:30

Woah! Is this accurate?

For sure they played it. It bit in the same way as in the Don't Think movie. I'm not sure if I placed it right in the setlist.

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 10, 2016, 21:06

while Stefan was dancing his ass off next to me.
Thats nearly the same words my buddy said. But his exact message was "Österreich hat spaß!" :D

For the "In Dust We Trust" question: That's one of the moments i'm not 100% sure, but thats mostly because there was so many things going on with the set that where new to me in real "live" and not only the readings here and videos on youtube (remember, the last time i've seen them live was at the WATN-tour). But we can wait for Csar, he can confirm everything because he recorded everything.
no idea, no idea

Oh f.. yeah, this was a blast! Met the kindest and funniest people there!! Hopefully I'm able to put together a little review soon. The chemistry was there in every respect!

Just real quick, the audio of the bootleg is not that bad at all. My friend, who brought the recorder send me a quick low-qual mp3 render of it and will pass me the hi-re file maybe today (if he's able to because he attended a wedding yesterday). I need to do some adjustments to the EQ, though, as the raw material is a little 'mushy'.
Unfortunately (at least I can't hear it), there was no In Dust We Trust. EML came on right after Tempt./SG without any real break and was followed by the Setting Sun mashup. I didn't spot any sample of it either throughout (but haven't listened to the whole thing yet).

Here are three pics of us after the concert. Maybe you can see some glint. From right to left in the first one: Toxic's girlfriend who's name I forgot (stupid me, felt too awkward asking her again after we talked a lot!), Toxic, Stefan, Joslyn (a big thank you for the drinks you treated us to!!!)  and me. In the second and third one we had some uninvited guests who bombed the photo :D. The guy in the adidas jacket was a weird dude, trying to tell us drunkenly a bad joke about lady parts ??? Thank goodness he didn't finish (props to his friend who dragged him away eventually :) )
Sadly, Pumisher and his friend left earlier to hit the road back home and I totally forgot then to ask for the group photo because we were still chatting at the trailer beer bar. Couldn't catch up with you much either, Pumisher, which was really unfortunate. Would have loved to talk with you. But this won't hopefully be the last meet up.

Stefan, you took some awesome pictures of the venue! That photo from underneath the bridge is absolutely gorgeous! And yes, apparently "Austria" did have fun! :D

Bob, thanks for clearing that up! I didn't know they weren't allowed to play past 11 pm. Bummer, I could imagine they would have loved to do an encore. Seems like I was mildly disappointed about the wrongs lads :)
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 09:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Had a great time! Really nice to meet all of you!

Here's a group photo my girlfriend made just before the gig.
From left to right: 2 friends of Csar, Csar, Stefan, me, Joslyn and Pumisher.

I've seen the brothers live 2 times last year, and this year in Lisbon, and this was by far the best show! Thanks everyone for this great evening, and thanks Joslyn for the great conversations about music and everything while driving to the venue and back home!

Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 09:53 by toxic

Haha, I didn't remember that photo. Look at Stefan and your shirt. Coincidence?  ;D
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Joslyn on Sep 11, 2016, 00:12

For sure they played it. It bit in the same way as in the Don't Think movie. I'm not sure if I placed it right in the setlist.
I don't see (or rather hear) where in Don't Think or the current setlist there would be an In Dust We Trust sample. Don't you rather mean Three Little Birdies Down Beats, between Star Guitar and EML Ritual ?

Quote from: Csar on Sep 11, 2016, 09:15

In the second and third one we had some uninvited guests who bombed the photo :D. The guy in the adidas jacket was a weird dude, trying to tell us drunkenly a bad joke about lady parts ??? Thank goodness he didn't finish (props to his friend who dragged him away eventually :) )

Haha no way! I met the exact same people on the train ride home! We where pretty much the only people on that train at 2am and the adidas-guy started singing a (very drunk) version of galvanize ("dum dum dum! Galnize!!!") hahah Now that's a coincidence