Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Both of those were disappointing  :-[
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

In all honestly, has Underworld ever had a single good music video? More specifically, a single music video that didn't look like an freshman art school project? :D

Excluding Jumbo of course!

Your daily WN trivia, 8th Doctor Paul McGann was nearly the main actor in this.
Never for money, always for love.

Very true.

I always liked the effect in Push Upstairs, but it was never really utilised to its full potential.

And as far as basic videos of Karl being Karl, Two Months Off ain't bad...

Due to circumstances beyond the bands control Underworld's live performance at C/O Pop festival in Koln on Saturday 28th August will not go ahead as planned.
To thank you for your continued support and to go someway to make up for the disappointment, Underworld would like to offer you the opportunity to access an exclusive audio download from one of their summer festival performances this year.
You will receive an email within a few weeks with your download link. If you purchased physical tickets please email hello@underworldlive.com with your proof of ticket purchase and we will be in contact directly regarding the download.
no idea, no idea

Awwwwww... bummer.

That's too bad. I hope the band members are okay. Certainly a bummer for the fans.

Anyone going to the Alexandra Palace show in March next year?

I just got my tickets and have begun crossing my fingers for my first experience of Pearl's Girl live...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 26, 2016, 17:53

Anyone going to the Alexandra Palace show in March next year?

I just got my tickets and have begun crossing my fingers for my first experience of Pearl's Girl live...

Hey Enjoyed! I will be coming there from USA for that show, got my ticket too, hope to see you there!

Still mad they've canceled their show here in cologne :(

And still no words why except "due to circumstances beyond the bands control". And also wondering what "a few weeks" are, because still got no download-link. Maybe "a few weeks" is "a few month", "9 months" or "never".
no idea, no idea

Oh, wait. "Never" was the unmixed version of Further...
no idea, no idea

I just wrote on Underworlds wall hoping they listen. I'm a little disappointed they don't mix/transition their songs anymore in their live sets. Just play the song note for note and end it with a pause. Why did they decide to do this!? They are still great live but just a little bland IMO. I love those moments in the past when they mixed in Push Upstairs with Cups(Pens) etc...

Quote from: Spiritual Vibes on Sep 29, 2016, 06:22

I just wrote on Underworlds wall hoping they listen. I'm a little disappointed they don't mix/transition their songs anymore in their live sets. Just play the song note for note and end it with a pause. Why did they decide to do this!? They are still great live but just a little bland IMO. I love those moments in the past when they mixed in Push Upstairs with Cups(Pens) etc...

They were mixing between songs in Pomona in April, at least I'm pretty sure they were. I certainly remember going into Juanita without a break.
I think with the festival shows it's probably a lot to do with the varying tempos. I Exhale and If Rah can't be blended seamlessly into many things, especially if they're trying to cover the 'hits'.
The trouble is, unlike The Chems who beautifully mix a load of their songs together to cover more in an hour and a half, Underworld still play it all individually. Hence why there are now much shorter versions of things like Push Upstairs and KoS.

That said. I hope they read your comment and consider an older school set in March.
Oh, and it really would be especially wonderful to hear Pearls' Girl...

See you in March SV!

Yeah there were a good amount of transitions in Pomona
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sold:

And Rick's writing music for it. Not sure if it'll be a few songs or a full score, but he is.
Never for money, always for love.

I was born Slippy, but then I died alongside Fox
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ ^ ^ ^
That deserves way more than a 'like'.

A new 12" with full versions of both of the tracks featured on the T2 soundtrack.
I'm tempted. But £12.50 + shipping is a fair chunk of cash.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 23, 2017, 17:30

I'm tempted. But £12.50 + shipping is a fair chunk of cash.
Indeed. I miss the days of CD singles (although New Order did them for all 4 singles from Music Complete). We don't even know yet if either of these tracks is any good, and they're strictly vinyl only. Well...except that edited versions of both are on the OST CD.
The Underworld shop offer of the 12" + OST CD for £20 + postage makes it slightly better value I guess. But I haven't forked out yet.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

^ That 12" is now sold out. It seems they only pressed 500 copies and they're all sold.

As for the tracks themselves:
Slow Slippy. You know the way the Breaks scene took a lot of influence from D&B, slowing down D&B beats to get the big fat nu-skool-breaks sound? They've kinda done that to the original Born Slippy Nuxx. The vocals are dubby and echoey whilst the track pounds along at the wrong speed like a big heavy trip hop tune. Kinda woozy, and may work well in the film. I think the 3.50 version on the CD might be long enough though. Im not sure a longer version on vinyl will necessarily be better. It'll probably work well in the film if something woozy/fucked-up is happening.

Eventually But. 
Spoiler
A seemingly sad goodbye note from Spud to Gail
with minimal synths from Rick Smith underneath. Only 2.24 on the OST CD, and again I'm not sure I'd want a longer version unless Rick has found something interesting to do with his synths.

Last Edit: Jan 26, 2017, 15:46 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Slow Slippy is disappointing.

It sounds like one of those "SUPA SLO REMIX BY ^L00KUP^MIX" amateur jobies you find on youtube or something. They have the original files still, right? So why just time stretch the drums to be slower? They could have at least integrated some new half time drum samples in there to make it sound less like a basic tme stretch.
And then the super obvious little-clip-of-the-original-vocals-sent-trough-a-delay remix trope...
Shame.
Like you say Scraper, in the film it might work well but it just made me want to go back to that SWEEEEEET Nuxx disk from the STITI deluxe release. Which I am doing now.