And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

London 2016

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Dec 17, 2015, 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Wide Open Under Neon Lights performance, featuring visuals of Josh Smith's teammates calling for the ball as he bricks another ill-advised 3. The kicker is they swap who sings which song. Adam Smith told me all of this in a dream.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 18, 2016, 22:42

Maybe there will be a surprise Beck and St. Vincent, but...
Surprise Richard & Beth...
no idea, no idea

and Tim, and Bernard, and Q-Tip, and Ali or is that asking too much
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Fatlip better show up.

"Play the fuckin Salmon Dance!"
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 20, 2016, 19:53

"Play the fuckin Salmon Dance!"
Have they ever played Marvo Ging live?
no idea, no idea

They haven't... :(
Never for money, always for love.

Is anyone going to SW4? If so, does anyone fancy a forum meet up?

Looking forward to some UK tour dates being announced after SW4, like Faithless did after their 'exclusive' show last year.

Quote from: TeeDubyaE1 on Jul 07, 2016, 07:50

Looking forward to some UK tour dates being announced after SW4, like Faithless did after their 'exclusive' show last year.

Would be nice, but I think it's very wishful thinking I'm afraid.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

So...I just booked a ticket.

I will be flying into LGW from Berlin at 2:00PM, hopefully heading directly to my mates in Peckham to drop off bags, hike it over to Clapham Common, have a dance, hopefully meet up with a few of you (and secretly hoping T&E), and then to STN to catch a 6:00AM flight to Dublin because I have a flight back to the US at 10:00AM. And technically my first class starts that night (though they already know I won't be there).

Yes, I am crazy  ^-^ >:D

Quote from: surface_to_air on May 22, 2016, 18:05

Is anyone going to SW4? If so, does anyone fancy a forum meet up?

Yes. Yes I do.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Wow, that's a hell of a turnaround! I would say crazy in a bad way - awesome more like.

I'm not sure what time we're getting there but would definitely be up for the meet

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 14, 2016, 03:13

So...I just booked a ticket.

I will be flying into LGW from Berlin at 2:00PM, hopefully heading directly to my mates in Peckham to drop off bags, hike it over to Clapham Common, have a dance, hopefully meet up with a few of you (and secretly hoping T&E), and then to STN to catch a 6:00AM flight to Dublin because I have a flight back to the US at 10:00AM. And technically my first class starts that night (though they already know I won't be there).

Yes, I am crazy  ^-^ >:D

Yes. Yes I do.

Curious if there will be anything special about this show. Let us know. Enjoy everyone who's going

These fucking fake live stream videos on YouTube are fucking cancer. They've been popping for literally every fucking show of any fucking band. It makes finding actual videos from the shows so much more difficult...

Yeah, saw those popping up with Pukkelpop.

So no reviews yet on the SW4 gig?

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed with the lack of noise this thread has gotten. This show was hyped since the beginning of the year wasn't it?

Has the show "jumped the shark"?

That being said, I'm glad to see you made the journey Rynostar.

A friend who went said the sound was very low, the set was short and the crowd were a bit off :/

Yes, I made it. Yes, it ended up being an insane journey. Yes, it's been a few days so this review may be a bit off.

Got to Clapham Common around 7:00 after running a few errands upon getting into London. Had been in contact Ben (Surface) and Joseph (Foxboy) via facebook msg trying to coordinate meetup. Found out that plan went mostly to hell as my data wasn't picking up anything with so many others using data all around the place. Walked around the site and got the typical London festival vibe; everyone on something, most people just chatting/noshing within their own groups, queues for certain foods but not others, bad overpriced cider/beer sold at the bars, cloudy but not necessarily rainy. Was famished so I grabbed haggis and walked around to different tents trying to see if I could somehow guess who Foxboy and surface were (have never met either in real life). Checked out a bit of the Above & Beyond set, didn't expect to like it, surprised by a few tracks, then they played a bad remix of Porcelain...nope, I'm out. Get word that Foxboy is almost there around 8:45. Walk towards main gate, see a ginger lad with an Irish flag as a cape and a chems logo shirt talking to another bloke. Wait, is that Foxboy? "Are you Foxboy? YOU ARE!!". Fox has clearly had a good weekend already (still jealous about Rock en Seine and Massive Attack) as he stumbles with me to the bar. Order a ton of (bad) cider for the set and stumble to the main stage. Talk about all y'all Forumies, how he's still not 100% on the leg from the Belfast gig, chems shows we've seen (Fox = 11, Ryno = 4), the insane journeys we've both done to see T&E.

We stand about 20 feet back back from the left of stage and right next to a heavy rubbish bin as Fox still needed support on the leg and as a way to stop flightpathers from cutting through us during the set. Relatively packed crowd around us

Memorable moments: Tomorrow Never Knows starts, we both start shouting incoherently out of tune. HBHG, again with the out of tune screeching, now add the dancing, for me at least. Go, still love Go in live setting as it builds and screeches. Star Guitar, Foxboy starts crying, I have a grin from ear to ear, to know that there is someone else in this world that has as much emotion as me with regards to Chems is just  ;D. Setting Sun, screaming again. Robots...I mean, UTI, Hail To Our Robot Overloads. Seeing Ed again, much love for Adam but great to see our boy back (is he done his research yet?).

This was my second festival set in a row after Electric Zoo in NYC almost exactly a year ago. Crowd was a festival crowd, some excited, some too young, some too gone. Set was short but that made sense as SW4 has always had the curfew problems. Could have been a bit louder, but not a huge issue to me. Wish they would have kept Sunshine Underground in this years set but having watched the videos since Belfast I knew what to expect. Still secretly want to see TPPR as an encore live again one day. Disappointed that we weren't able to connect with Ben.

Foxboy suggested we head to Hydra in Shadwell afterwords. Hadn't been there before, but was surprised by it. Good vibe, met the tour manager of Above & Beyond, had a good dance. Then headed back to my hotel around 2:00AM where I ended up packing and going straight to Stansted to catch flights back to America (No sleep for Ryno).

Biggest takeaway from the adventure, This was my first chems show where I was there with a fourmie. I have met a few (Enjoyed and Gian) at other gigs, but never seeing Tom and Ed. The banter, the stories, the shared ecstasy, the connection. And of course...it's a chems show. Even bad chems show is a highlight for me.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Thanks for sharing Rynostar. Yeah, and I'll admit, I can't see myself attending a show without one of the crazies here on the forum. Even if it's the first time I meet them, by the end of the night they feel like family.