1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Crystal Castles: what happened

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Oct 25, 2017, 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic
According to Alice Glass this is the reason she left.
Strong stuff. It'll be interesting to see if her former bandmate responds.

Do I have to throw out my CC albums now?

*EDIT* oh Ethan HAS responded.
Last Edit: Oct 25, 2017, 12:00 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I had an incident in college where a girl who I hooked up with had a lot of trouble with the fact that I chose not to be in a relationship with her after we hooked up.

She continued to flirt with me, and would do things like grope my ass in public.

Then she accused me of rape, and I lost friends because of it.

Ironically, I'm "triggered" when I read stories like this. Because it makes me fucking angry.

A little glad I was never a fan of his work.

There's a lot of stories and allegations coming to light in the last month. Overall a good thing but very ugly considering so much of it is "she said / he said".

I absolutely believe her on this one. Everything she's said is consistent with stories of abuse (from an then unnamed party) that she's been talking about for the last 3 years. Whereas some of these allegations come completely out of the blue, there's a lot of evidence, little and big things mentioned in interviews, that point to Ethan being at the bare minimum a controlling manipulative sociopath.

According to the Savages, he kicked out a band that was supposed to tour with them as openers, and replaced them with the Savages, because he was afraid Alice would cheat on him with members of the original band (the Savages are 100% women). He's apparently lied about his age (Alice's statement names him as 10 years older than her, making him 5 years older than he's believed to be) and there's evidence of an edit war on Wikipedia, from anonymous editors, to troll, obfuscate, and alter his age and birthdate records back when his page was first up. Oh, and Ethan is currently married to a girl who cosplayed and idolized Alice Glass in her younger years, and forces her to delete any mention of their relationship from the internet.

And don't forget his original statement when Alice left the band:

It's horrifying but I won't be shocked at all if more evidence comes to light.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 25, 2017, 11:26

Do I have to throw out my CC albums now?
They never were good anyway.

Well, it's first time I hear about this band (sorry, don't beat me  :-[)

Quote from: MadPooter on Oct 25, 2017, 18:17

I had an incident in college where a girl who I hooked up with had a lot of trouble with the fact that I chose not to be in a relationship with her after we hooked up.

She continued to flirt with me, and would do things like grope my ass in public.

Ohh damn, that sounds horrible! Were you able to set the record straight somehow?

Ironically, I'm "triggered" when I read stories like this. Because it makes me fucking angry.
Triggered by her allegations or because you believe her? I wouldn't be surprised, based on your horrific experience, that you'd take stories like these with a grain of salt.

Anyways, her statement sounds quite credible and I was sort of shocked reading through it. If true, I'm glad she found a way to get this out and off her chest.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 25, 2017, 22:39

Ohh damn, that sounds horrible! Were you able to set the record straight somehow?

Nope.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 25, 2017, 22:39

Triggered by her allegations or because you believe her?

The allegations. I'm not saying I believe her or don't believe her. I don't know what actually happened there and I do not know enough to make a judgment.

But what I do know is that every time I read instances in the news and people speaking out about situations like this, I feel the hurt again of being taken advantage of, the injustice of being judged for something I didn't do, and the resulting anger.

I hear ya, Poots! So sorry you had to go through stuff like this.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Damn, Pooter. That's terrible. :(
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Gawds! That's horrific!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

It's so awful to know how simple words without any arguments can shit someone's reputation. And the bad aftertaste don't go away even when people can know the truth.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 25, 2017, 20:20
A little glad I was never a fan of his work.

I was. And i still do love this music. Because it's fucking cool as is. But now, when knowing the background... It's so disgusting that you watch some old interwiew and you see Alice smiling. And you think "Oh, they must be spending a good time together". And now you know what really was backstage. It's more awful than just knowing the fact that Ethan humiliated Alice. I suspected that the band collapsed coz of Ethan's harassment. But i didn't realized that it was THAT WAY.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound