Listen to Your Heart

Beth Orton - Kidsticks

Started by Joslyn, Jun 02, 2016, 03:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Miss Orton has released her new album. After werking Weatherhall, Orbit, Rowland and Simons sheet made her first full electronic album. It's a good effort and complete different from her previous folky albums. Definetly worth a listen.

Good little album! Can't say I loved it, a few songs sounded a bit too sterile. But I think I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times before I get a proper opinion, warm up and become familiar with the songs.

One of the Fuck Buttons helped produce, it's not just her.
Last Edit: Jun 02, 2016, 15:30 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Funny that the album starter is Snow.

Dit not know a Fuck Button coproduced. Can't hear it

She is going to play Chicago at a intimate venue next week. I was thinking I might attend, as I find her voice very soothing. The venue tends to be on the expensive side though...

I was going to mention the "1973" music video but apparently they've run into some legal issues and has been removed from the net.

Uh oh...

http://laist.com/2016/05/31/leave_the_joshua_trees_alone.php
Last Edit: Jun 03, 2016, 02:00 by Bosco

This album is very, very nice.

Might have to treat myself to the CD.

There are some serious Pills Wont Help You Now vibes on Flesh and Blood.

Yum.

Thanks for the heads up, Joslyn!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Thank you for reminding me! I've been meaning to buy my ticket for her gig next week here in DC.

Quote from: Joslyn on Jun 02, 2016, 17:32

Dit not know a Fuck Button coproduced. Can't hear it

I knew it was and heard it immediately when first listening to Moon.

There's a dreaminess quality to both in my ear.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Well, I made it to the Chicago show tonight, and it was absolutely lovely.

Beth's supporting act (Emmy The Great [aka Frosted Flakes]) is a winner too. She played a killer cover of The Cranberries "Dreams" in Cantonese. Cute as hell.

As for Beth, just an absolute doll. I finally understand the expression "your smile is infectious" because that's exactly what the crowd mirrored from her the entire night. She really is a shy performer, or at least she gives that impression while on stage.

Anyone that sees her from here on out on through the tour, encourage her to play the keyboard!
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2016, 03:22 by Bosco

Nice, I certainly hope she will visit the Netherlands.

No signed Exit Planet Dust 2/10
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2016, 04:02 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

They did have a Lou Malnati's across the street. The thought of getting another pizza box signed for your collection didn't cross my mind till I left the venue.

Dutchies, Beth Orton will be playing Paradiso Tolhuistuin 1 september