Dream How I Dream to Feel

Radiohead

Started by Ben_j, May 03, 2016, 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on May 08, 2016, 18:37

Their James Bond Spectre tune could almost fit in as a bonus track.
Ful Stop and Identikit are my faves at the mo.

BTW, does anyone know why they now take Portishead's drummer on tour with them as well as Phil Selway?

Yeah and you can feel that it transpired on some of the tracks, with the orchestral parts and all

On the album : only had one listen, in the train, and I was so exhausted from my weekend that I let myself sleep through a couple of slow tracks. Overall it sounded good but not as much as what I was expecting after listening to the first two tracks. I need to give it a proper second listen.
Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 21:19 by Ben_j

That's pretty hilarious.

I actually really like the album. Better than the last one. Whenever that was.

Seems like this will be unpopular opinion, but I don't like album, so far.
They have gone to no-melody-land, and I don't care to follow  :D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I think its grower for me. I liked burn the witch but when its with the rest of the songs on the album it seems an odd fit. Really like Daydreaming reminded me of Kid A era and its one of those songs that they are talented at that where it seems simple at first listen but so much is going in it.

I love the warped strings they have throughout the album don't think i've heard that in any other radiohead album at all or as much. identikit was instant favourite too.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 08, 2016, 18:37

Their James Bond Spectre tune could almost fit in as a bonus track.
It's the b-side to Burn The Witch

https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/730759493760487425
no idea, no idea

I'm loving this album, I was skeptical at first but it's actually beautiful. I can't believe they've released True Love Waits to an album

A few days ago, 18 hours of studio sessions from Ok Computer leaked. It's an incredible goldmine for any Radiohead fan (even the casual fan like me). Obviously, there's a lot of not so interesting stuff in there, but there are a few gems, like an all-band early recording of True Love Waits, live recordings, or a lot of jams from the second part of Paranoid Android.
Imagine if something like this happened for the Chems...

Thanks for sharing this, Ben, this is amazing!
I love ZX Spectrum Symphony and 4 channel Let Down acoustic version.
What luck to hear some unreleased material of one of the best albums ever for my money, even if 25 years later. 

Regarding the album A Moon Shaped Pool, it's a masterpiece.

I was sat in a cottage garden in Cornwall, overlooking the water with sun setting in the almost clear sky. There were these dark grey wisps of cloud placed around the landscape, and shimmers of neon pink. I had on my Sennheiser headphones and I was at a comfortable temperature with a light blanket placed upon my lap. As I listened with all of my attention to the music, I had a non-drug induced psychedelic experience. The clouds started to move and make shapes, the colours shifted and I felt utter bliss. I haven't listened to the album since.

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 09, 2019, 11:07

Thanks for sharing this, Ben, this is amazing!
I love ZX Spectrum Symphony and 4 channel Let Down acoustic version.
What luck to hear some unreleased material of one of the best albums ever for my money, even if 25 years later.

You're welcome, Ben  ;)

https://radiohead.bandcamp.com

apparently they've decided to just sell it
Eight or over.

Bless them! Mine!