Born In the Echoes

2023/04/16 - Live at Santa Barbara Bowl

Started by rynostar, Feb 14, 2023, 19:11

Previous topic - Next topic
2023/04/16 - Live at Santa Barbara Bowl
SANTA BARBARA PRE-SALE STARTS WED 15 FEBRUARY 2023 @ 10 AM PST (Ticket Link)
w/ Overmono (DJ Set)
6:30pm start

They're playing another Bowl in SoCal. First it was Hollywood, then it was the Greek, now it's Santa Barbara. Early start which likely means community noise restrictions. At least TPPR encore may happen. 
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2023, 10:29 by Csar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Venue looks wonderful with the exception it's mostly a seated venue. Is there anyone with experience here? How'd you guys enjoy the Greek and Hollywood bowl shows in the past?

I was shocked to see the driving distance to Seattle. Puts in perspective just how big California is.

I'm there!

I'm actually glad it's seating since I want to take my kid and that'll make it easier than GA. This is really exciting since I thought this was going to be the first tour I couldn't make any shows. I've been steady since '07!

fuck yeah! I'm there.

Santa Barbara bowl is a fantastic venue. I've gone out of my way to see Radiohead and Sigur Ros there in the past. Radiohead often make an effort to include it in their tours because they like it so much.

there's a GA pit up front. seats at the back have a view of the coast.

Quote from: Biff on Feb 14, 2023, 20:35
I'm there!

I'm actually glad it's seating since I want to take my kid and that'll make it easier than GA. This is really exciting since I thought this was going to be the first tour I couldn't make any shows. I've been steady since '07!
This is adorable. I'm picturing a children's book made out of this experience. Maybe not use "You are all my children now" as a title.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 14, 2023, 20:09
Venue looks wonderful with the exception it's mostly a seated venue. Is there anyone with experience here? How'd you guys enjoy the Greek and Hollywood bowl shows in the past?

I was shocked to see the driving distance to Seattle. Puts in perspective just how big California is.

Greek Bowl - Alot of people dancing next to your seat! Great venue! Me and the chem peeps were nearby a few seats away but we gathered before and after the show.

Hollywood Bowl  - Show was one of my best experiences in an open setting. Ed mentioned to get seats close to the stage cause of the decibel limit, but overall a memorable day. KDB live was godlike!

I've always went to Santa Barbara with my parents as a kid. Now I visit time to time and drive out there with my family and head out to the wharf to eat, then swing by State street.

its a smaller venue compared to the Hollywood bowl, but It gives me a personal feel and ambience to these types of shows.

Quote from: Biff on Feb 14, 2023, 20:35
I'm there!

If memory serves me correct, I think the Hollywood Bowl show was the first time I met you Biff (or was it the second?)! Your like 6'2 right? The tallest of the bunch! You were close to Whirls and team slightly near the right (from the stage POV) Good to finally to see you again when we get there!

SB sounds like a perfect venue for air, weather, and some Chems for your son/daughter.

And who would've guess that the Chems would do Coachella, get a days rest, go to Santa Barbara for a gig, then go back to Coachella again.

Nice that they squeaked that show in!

Count me in!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 15, 2023, 03:35
Greek Bowl - Alot of people dancing next to your seat! Great venue! Me and the chem peeps were nearby a few seats away but we gathered before and after the show.
Somehow Enjoyed (+1) and I got seats next to each other at the front of a section / on the rail right behind the soundbooth. We realized a seat behind us was empty, guessed eveyone would be standing / dancing, and got Whitenoise (+1) in there. It felt like a technical show where you could take in everything at once. Best part was that we could tell Errol was in the soundbooth in front of us. He came out to have a chat with the group for about ~10 minutes after the set.

Get a GA ticket if you can. If that doesn't work, get on the rail of a section.    

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 14, 2023, 19:11
Early start which likely means community noise restrictions. At least TPPR encore may happen. 

Looks like it's cleared for darkness too. Sunset is at 7:31PM in Santa Barbara on the 16th, and Chemical Brothers will probably start at 8PM-8:30PM, so the tail end of twilight.

Edit: I think my hopes for a  repeat Red Rocks show is kinda "pie in the sky" at this point, but from all the photos I've seen, the setting at Santa Barbara looks like the next best thing for amphitheater shows.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2023, 19:21
Edit: I think my hopes for a  repeat Red Rocks show is kinda "pie in the sky" at this point, but from all the photos I've seen, the setting at Santa Barbara looks like the next best thing for amphitheater shows.
red rocks is in a league of its own, but yeah santa barbara bowl is very nice.

I scored pit tickets this morning. stoked.

Quote from: shakermaker on Feb 15, 2023, 20:21
I scored pit tickets this morning. stoked.
Did the same with hopes I make this one. More likely to do Seattle, but hoping to do both.

Now *this* is the one! :music I will be there with bells on. I CANNOT WAIT to see you there! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Whirly/Jim, tell Errol to put in a good word for us going to Seattle. Tell him we're coming. And tell him the Canadians are still doing the Justin Timberlake disappointed face (not going to post the full image this time). 

Quote from: whirlygirl on Feb 17, 2023, 01:31
Now *this* is the one! :music I will be there with bells on. I CANNOT WAIT to see you there!

WOOHOO!

I slept on presales but got my pit ticket finally!

Would've love to make this one, as the venue looks really special, but I'm selling my GA (pit) ticket.

Total after fees was, $111.15

If interested, DM me or email me which can be found in my profile.

4 more sleeps till Barbara!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 12, 2023, 14:13
4 more sleeps till Barbara!
And then I assume this new version of UTI or EOD happens.

Tom and Ed reveal that George and Mildred were originally created to take down Mecha-Barbra. 

I have small chance for success but I'll try.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Play "PIKU" track at Santa Barbara Bowl  :music

Quote from: PaGu on Apr 15, 2023, 03:11
I have small chance for success but I'll try.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Play "PIKU" track at Santa Barbara Bowl  :music
I can hope that they do, but usually the chems doesn't do request!