Life Is Sweet

Glastonbury 2015

Started by Enjoyed, Jun 29, 2015, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Almost 24 hours on from the single greatest experience of my life so far.

I was going to write a big post about how the show affected me but I'm running on very little sleep at the moment so it'll have to wait for now.

Suffice it to say, I'm so glad I avoided all of the live clips being posted ALL OVER THE FACEBOOK PAGE (I had to unfollow to avoid the spoilers) because the moment that The Sunshine Underground started playing was so moving I had to stop and absorb the fact that it was really happening to me. It seemed like a lot of the people around me had a limited knowledge of the Chems' music, which selfishly made the whole experience a lot more magical and personal. And the inclusion of TSU and then Music: Response in the encore felt like a special intimate sonic hug from Tom directly to me.

Glastonbury is always an excellent weekend but I can honestly say that, with Leftfield on Saturday night playing 6/8 War and Afrika Shox and then The Chemical Brothers last night playing everything that they played, this year found my 13 year old self aligning with my 26 year old self to experience a uniquely pure joy.

Thank you Tom (and always in spirit, Ed).
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I enjoyed the stream last night of the Glasto footage, but now have an intense motivation and a deep selfishness of waiting to see them. Looking forward to your review Enjoyed when you wake up. Avoiding all the social media before the show is VERY hard to do, but good for your overall experience last night.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I should of had my VPN set up :-[ the set was restricted.

Here's the full video  ;D

Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015, 02:02 by Nekcore

Gutted that I won't catch the Chems this summer, but the  BBC footage was fab. Adam has done a great job.

Really enjoyed this set, certainly seemed quite tough, always got the impression that Tom likes the tougher side of things.

The misses is out tonight, gonna pull this up on the projector  8)

I uploaded the full set (not just 1 hour) in 720p here :

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3xcj6_Ben_j7905_the-chemical-brothers-live-glastonbury-2015/1#video=x2vyoel

The joy on Adam's face at the end is heartwarming :)
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015, 15:10 by Explud

You're just great, Benji! Thanks a million 8)

Prestine quality, stellar set! Man, that gets me so excited - again!
There's this Chemical Glasto Review which has to take a heavy beating in the comment section. Wonder why :)

@Ben Glass: Rock'n Roll! That'll be awesome.
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015, 14:24 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the full set Benj.

If anyone just wants the audio, the full set is here:

(No linky to uploads please!)
Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 00:28 by whirlygirl

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 30, 2015, 13:20

I uploaded the full set (not just 1 hour) in 720p here
Any chances of uploading it somewhere as one vid and downloadable?
no idea, no idea

muchas gracias senior
no idea, no idea

I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing since I got back.
If anyone spots a giraffe losing his mind, lemme know would ya?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Don't you mock Tom's dad or uncle, Pumisher!

Btw, I really like how playful they are this time around (not that they hadn't been that way before). It's like Tom read through the forum1.0's live talk of ours where we were tossing ideas for future live sets around.
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2015, 21:29 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ahhh. galvanize live in near studio quality  :D