Jerk Chicken

Parklife (Manchester, England) 2016

Started by Enjoyed, Feb 09, 2016, 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic
It's the chat link uup on the top bar below the logo on this site, the one that no one uses!
Never for money, always for love.

Can't get back into chat for some reason.

It was a pleasure though.

And thanks for waking me up. That somehow totally worked!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

No problemo.

Link to download the Chems portion of the show here.

Broadcast ends just as I'll See You There begins, so no Got Glint.  :'( :o >:( :(
Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 04:58 by WhiteNoise

How did you rip/download it ? I used get_iplayer and got an aac 127kbps version but I'd think there's a better quality version possible  :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 18, 2016, 12:49

How did you rip/download it ? I used get_iplayer and got an aac 127kbps version but I'd think there's a better quality version possible  :(
Virtual soundcard recorded into Audacity as the show was playing. I don't think they broadcast a higher quality than 128. I just saved it as 192 since any higher seemed like overkill for the already lossy source.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 18, 2016, 17:18

Virtual soundcard recorded into Audacity as the show was playing. I don't think they broadcast a higher quality than 128. I just saved it as 192 since any higher seemed like overkill for the already lossy source.

Ok well I got the source file, converted it to mp3 192kbps. It sounds a bit better than Enjoyed's rip, send me a pm for a link

My rip?

All credit goes to Whitenoise.
I was asleep for the first 9 minutes!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 18, 2016, 18:29

My rip?

All credit goes to Whitenoise.
I was asleep for the first 9 minutes!
My bad ^^

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 18, 2016, 04:56

No problemo.

Link to download the Chems portion of the show here.

Broadcast ends just as I'll See You There begins, so no Got Glint.  :'( :o >:( :(

Thanx Mochacho!

Edit: i just realized that SG brought back the 'classic' piano key sound back. Nice!

And i just realized they also shortened 'Go' . I thought it went better in 2015 when it came after DIA in which it faded in beautifully (without direct buki). Oh well!
Last Edit: Jun 18, 2016, 21:32 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

You guys are amazing! Me being a slugabed I simply couldn't get up at like 5 o'clock on a saturday morning :D.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Lovin  the  new  sound  of  ' Do  it  Again '  , . .  and  agree  with  MadPooter  , . .  the  Temptation (with vocal)  link  into  Star Guitar  . . .  giving  me  shivers  too  , . .  sooo  good.

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Thanks WN and Ben J.
Some random observations:

Hello Direct Buki! Call me greedy but I'd love to get more of it, i.e the full "stomping" bit. Also, there are surely still more samples to spot in this one. We have LL Cool J and Bobby & Betty Go to The Moon. I reckon the stuttered 'siren' noise at the start is a sample. More intriguingly the "aaaah ah aaahh, huh" gets me every time. Sounds like it's from a film or a record that's at least 40 years old.

During Go,the pew pew sound (around 14.40 onwards on WN's download) that matches the bass rhythm sounds inspired by (but not taken from) the pew pew noises towards the end of Patrick Cowley's remix of I Feel Love.

Temptation: I mostly agree with WN's comments on the Belsonic thread. That autotune on Bernard Sumner's voice is WRONG! It MUST STOP NOW. It sounds like something an EDM DJ would do when mixing the track into Calvin Harris. However I quite like the non-autotuned addition of Bernard's vocals (although on an intellectual level WN is probably right, it is appropriation rather than tribute). It got me thinking that if we knew there was a complete Chems remix/re-edit of Temptation (a la Lack Of Love) I'd be be the first one saying "we have to have it". But without the autotune.

I think this autotune business started with The Test last year didn't it? It wasn't as noticable then- in fact some of us barely heard the vocal at all at first. And hey it was only Ashcroft rather than the mighty New Order.

EML Ritual: Oh look they've done something to the vocals! I guess it's meant to add to the queasy vibe that the vocals already have. Not sure it's an improvement. But there are more noises too: bleepy bits and bits that make it sound like trance. I think I like these bits.

Ah the Tuba Transition. I bet this sounds impressive on a big soundsystem.

Just one solitary utterance of "You are all my children now". How...economical.

At 52.17 "This show contains bad language..." I guess Radio 1 are still concerned that 'Angry Neighbour' sounds like he's saying Fuckin after all these years.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 19, 2016, 13:39

I think this autotune business started with The Test last year didn't it? It wasn't as noticable then- in fact some of us barely heard the vocal at all at first. And hey it was only Ashcroft rather than the mighty New Order.

Wide Open has some ugly autotuned vocals too...Sounds good with the test though.

http://corenews.me/chemical-brothers-jackmaster-b2b-armand-van-helden-live-at-parklife-essential-mix-2016-06-18/

192kbps

Tomorrow Never Knows (Junior Parker cover)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
Chemical Beats
Do It Again / Get Yourself High
Go
Swoon
The Swoon Arpeggios
Temptation / Star Guitar
Hey Boy Hey Girl
EML Ritual
Acid Children
It Doesn't Matter
Don't Think ending / Out of Control / Setting Sun
Saturate
Elektrobank
--Cut--
I'll See You There
Got Glint?
Escape Velocity / The Golden Path
Don't Think / Under The Influence / The Test
Galvanize
Block Rockin' Beats

Btw, there's no autotune in T/SG, it's a vocoder! The same applies to Golden Path and the Test/UTI too.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)