I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

n00b Corner! Introduce yourself here!

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 26, 2015, 03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

I'm Fuzz, I'm recording a podcast about the 25th anniversary of Exit Planet Dust this evening and wondered if anyone would like to share any memories of the album, for the episode?

Thank you in advance and I hope to read some great memories  :)

Hi, I'm a lifelong Chemicals fan(boy), been going to show since the early 00s. I'm also an obsessive vinyl collector and embarrassingly longtime forum lurker!

Hi there, Axent and welcome to the forum. Happy you've finally made it out of the shadows and joined us.
Last Edit: Jun 04, 2021, 10:52 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 07, 2021, 20:19
Hi there, Axent and welcome to the forum. Happy you finally made it out of the shadows and join us.

Thanks for the message! Good to finally show my face, so to speak.

Welcome, Roman! Glad to have you here.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hello!
Decided to make an account here!
I'm 19 and have loved the brothers' work ever since I listened to them on youtube back in 2017. They're now my favourite artists, I've listened to all 9 albums and a good amount of their b sides and I've loved (almost) everything I've heard!
Not too sure how to use older-style forums like this, since I'm more used to mainstream social media like twitter and reddit but I'll give it my best shot.
Glad to be here!
-Joe

Hi and welcome, Joe!

Happy to see another one around who's been infected with the Chems fever. 
Even though forums might be a bit of an older concept, it's a pretty handy one when it comes to having real discussions that you can get back to whenever you want (like refreshing one's memories and stuff). So, please, feel free to share your thoughts on anything Chems and non-Chems related and have a blast around here, for this is a place for nice peeps from all walks of life!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hey All! Thought I'd introduce myself here hehe.
Call me instant, I am a digital artist and tbf I only recently became a big fan of the chems (shout out to my girlfriend Emily here)! I am happy to be in a small space with like-minded individuals and I am very excited to make some friends!
If you want to you can check out my instagram (same handle), I occasionally post drawings of the chems/other electronic music artists!
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Welcome, Instant!

I just checked out your IG. Awesome stuff! Love the Daft Pink pin, super cool.
Gave you a follow and will be looking forward to seeing more stuff.

What got you into the Chems initially?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 13, 2021, 17:47

Welcome, Instant!

I just checked out your IG. Awesome stuff! Love the Daft Pink pin, super cool.
Gave you a follow and will be looking forward to seeing more stuff.

What got you into the Chems initially?

My girlfriend did! I knew some tracks before obviously, HBHG, Galvanize, Go, all that stuff, but before we started dating she DJed a set for me with the chems and it was an instant (hehe) connection, not only to her but to them too! Thanks for the follow btw ^^
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

hello all. not quite a n00b, but haven't been on here barely since pre-pandemic. wanted to say hi somewhere. hi!

Hey all, I'm One Man's Tracks. I'm an avid thrift shop music collector and I've been stumbling across Chem Bros albums for a few years now. Always on the hunt for new to me music, I've been making retrospective album reviews of the interesting and exciting music I find. This week, instead of getting into some random band, I decided to go even Further out of my comfort zone and make a couple of Chemical Brothers videos to celebrate their incredible catalog. I'm both stoked and a little sad I only just found this forum today but I do love these big beat masters and can't wait to dig my own hole through these threads!

(If you're interested my channel is the same as my name: One Man's Tracks)

Yeah..Wright, I'am a noob.. I've joined this forum like 15 or 17 years ago.. It must've been migration or other technical stuff, that all my previous posts got wiped out.. It must've been 50 or 60 posts I've done in total.. And here Iam now..With 3 or 5 only.. But yeah, trying not to complain too much..

Give this man a veteran badge already!!!

No, seriously, this forum here is no longer the official offical forum, it's rather a fan supported one - which is still endorsed by the band (which we were very proud of :D). The official forum was closed down back in 2015 because the higher music bosses (I guess) no longer saw viability in a forum-based concept that presumably consumed some financial ressources.
As a consequence, Explud and Whitenoise teamed up to give birth to a new Chemical platform. It turned out, though, that it was technically not (easily) possible to re-integrate all posts from the previous incarnation. However, we still have a sub-forum called "Archive" where you can access the previous version which Ben_j was able to preserve to a large degree. If you wanna browse through old memories, I'd suggest you pay it a visit. It's funny, like a magnifying glass into the past.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh man,thanks for thorough explanation.. I guest, that forums are no longer a thing in this discord/facebook/reddit nonsense age.. But not for us - old timers.. And a big thumbs up for White Noise and Ben_J and other guy for such an effort!!! How many hours, seriously guys, how long did it take for you to migrate (create from scratch again?) all that? Archives included?..

hello yes i am asker and i am big fan of the chems! a buddy o' mine from discord rated dyoh quite high so i checked it out and the private psychadelic reel got me quite hooked. i've been lurking here a bit cuz im a bit shy but i finally had the guts to make an account ;D

is it chemically derived?

Welcome, Asker! Do not be afraid to, um, ask... anything!
— Aurora (The Seed)

I like your avatar where Tom let the Kitten fall but doesn't care.
no idea, no idea