Just Get Yourself High

New Theme

Started by Stefan, Dec 16, 2022, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
lol... er I mean, finally!?  :-[

Please log in to view this attachment.

In the weeks prior to the update, I noticed that when we previewed our posts, we could see any embeds as actual embeds in the post (rather than just as links). Perhaps that was an update by Simple Machines?
But now the forum has gone back to showing embeds as links (which it used to do before a few a weeks ago).
I wonder if it's possible to show those links as embeds in the preview page again?

*EDIT* Oh I've only just clicked the theme button on the home page and got those psychedelic Dissolve visuals/colours. Am I slow to this or has it just been added?
Last Edit: Dec 20, 2022, 10:55 by Wolkenkrabber Reason: psychedelic!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 20, 2022, 10:39
In the weeks prior to the update, I noticed that when we previewed our posts, we could see any embeds as actual embeds in the post (rather than just as links). Perhaps that was an update by Simple Machines?
But now the forum has gone back to showing embeds as links (which it used to do before a few a weeks ago).
I wonder if it's possible to show those links as embeds in the preview page again?
Hm, I wasn't aware. I will ask the mod creator if the embedder is supposed to fetch media in preview as well.

Edit: Can confirm that embeds in previews has been removed so far by the creator as it apparently caused some issues.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 20, 2022, 10:39
*EDIT* Oh I've only just clicked the theme button on the home page and got those psychedelic Dissolve visuals/colours. Am I slow to this or has it just been added?
I had it there from the beginning but it was not advertised. Stefan noticed it first.
Last Edit: Feb 08, 2023, 21:50 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

First things first:

I KNEW IT!

Second: Seems like the "Snow"-theme is not visible when logged in. As soon as i logged in, the falling snow disappeared.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 21, 2022, 14:47
First things first:

I KNEW IT!
;)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 21, 2022, 14:47
Second: Seems like the "Snow"-theme is not visible when logged in. As soon as i logged in, the falling snow disappeared.
Hm... Mobile or PC? Do you use any script blockers?
I just installed Opera for PC and it seems working so far, both logged in and out.
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2022, 15:30 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

LOVE!!  :music
Last Edit: Dec 22, 2022, 17:41 by Csar
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Nice work with the Christmas tree :)

Wow! Amazing job to those who put the effort towards the update!

Mobile functionality already stands out and can't wait to tinker around a little more when I have time.

So happy the forum control is in the hands of some of our long-time, loyal, community members.

Love the Holiday theme!

Huge huge huge thank you to Csar for taking the lead on this, and to all who've helped shape the way for this update!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Perfect timing! Xmas theme is  :o
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

The Christmas theme is blood beautiful. Thanks for all your hard work, @Csar 
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

loving the 'unread posts' button.

@Csar - The new forum looks incredible!

Of course, I didn't feel like trying something new or professional looking when I signed in today after being away for the holidays because it is punk rock to like the old stuff for old heads, but I am overwhelmed with the work that has been put in.

Thanks to all involved!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Hey guys, just popping by, absolutely fantastic job on the new forum, thank you for the effort that has gone into it. Remember the heady early 00's, it's come far since then. Hope you're all well. 
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

It only appeared briefly, but the Smash 2022 graphic was ace!

Thanks guys! Wouldn't have been possible without Explud letting me roam free on his server.

@Stefan
Please log in to view this attachment.
Thank you. Put it together rather hastily on new years eve when it popped into my head that the Galvanize-single anvil seemed fitting. Glad you liked it!
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2023, 19:42 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

The countdown is sick!!!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I think the double silhouetted soldier guys remind me of Terrance and Phillip doing what they do best...

Oh very funny Csar, very funny.

Personally I miss the No Reason visuals.
IT'S MORNING TIME!