Me, You, And Me, Him And Her, And Them Too

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone like to put themselves through a Gaspar Noe film? Have you seen Climax? Soundtrack of course is also equally if not more to take notice of as well with new Thomas Bangalter music as its been claimed. But its What To Do which is really old unless a different version? Reading articles about its based in the 90s so it can't be new. Theres been no Australian release for it yet.

Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:20 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on May 29, 2018, 12:13

Does anyone like to put themselves through a Gaspar Noe film?
Had seen Enter The Void - i know it's not for everybody, but i did enjoyed it.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: MIKL on May 29, 2018, 12:13
Does anyone like to put themselves through a Gaspar Noe film?

Irréversible was his, right? I still haven't recovered from that movie

Oh, and it seems that despite great ratings Roseanne is done for.
I must say I expected that.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Irreversible was his and yeah was full on. They way it was shot seemed real and it shakes you to its core and pretty much unearths the worst behaviour in humans.Thomas Bangalter made some music for that including that What to Do track from that era. I watched Enter the void but don't remember all of it and though it kind of dragged. I'm intrigued by Love and thats another either love or hate situation. He has a very visual and psychological way of messing with your head. Its one of those things if he is either just a 'cool' director all about the shock value or he has an interesting take on revealing the dark side of humans.

Sometimes you feel so deserted
but hold on cause Revenge is on the way.

If you can suspend disbelief about the way some of the characters survive their injuries, in the same way that people do when
, then you may find this enjoyable. Otherwise, you might not.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Lol.

Is that from the same film maker that did that cannibal indie movie with a girl with her arm chopped off with "Aquaman" Jason Mamoa and Keanu Reeves as sleazy pimp mayor?

Score by Thom Yorke
no idea, no idea

Antman & wasp
all I'm gonna say is: save yourself, do not watch the epilogue if you want to have a happy ending
WARNING: Major spoilers, Im serious do not click the tab if you dont want no spoilers:
Spoiler
Safety tab
Spoiler
Antman Gets trapped in the quantum realm (no thanks to thanos)

so Originally from 4 sources I read up online (including interviews with cast members) I was led to believe that Antman & Wasp took place AFTER Infinity war. so my thoughts when seeing the teaser was During the chaos, Wasp breaks antman out of the prison but he looses his daughter from the snap, and they're on the run from the FBI, which thinks they're responsible.

but when watching the movie, none of it happens, so I had no idea when this is happening. apparently the movie revolves on the wasp getting her mother back from the quantum realm, which they ARE successful but THEN They decide to send Antman to the realm to harvest Quantum energy, BUT SURPRISE, Thanos snaps his fingers and Wasp, and her mom & dad (the scientist) is ash.
and with that, I stormed out of the theater.
So here's the problem: they did ALL THAT WORK AND THEY"RE BACK TO SQUARE ONE, AND HE'S GOT NOBODY TO REDO THE WHOLE PROCESS WITH HIM.

Positives:
Spoiler
It is a good movie, dont get me wrong,the comedy is classic marvel, (even have a bit of drunk history homage at some points), and the storyline is heartwarming. and Morpheus Lawrence Fichburne is a HUGE Bonus. but my only problem with this movie is that the storyline gets the shadows of evil treatment

BO3 fans know this but if you don't:
Spoiler
In shadows of evil, the goal is to get control of a powerful relic known as the summoning key from a man who is of service to apocalyptic demons. so you'll spend at most an hour on the story trying to get it back, once you complete the objective and trap the bad guy, and stop the apocalypse for a few seconds, the main character (richtofen) steals the summoning key before you're even done saving the world, so the apocalypse still happens.

so basically, they did all that work for nothing.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Just realized that the antagonist is Hannah John-Kamen in that latest ant man movie. She played the robot girl in the Sometimes I Feel So Deserted video.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ant-Man and Wasp was fun, but not nearly as great as I was hoping.

I'm surprised how much I have enjoyed some of the lesser known Marvel superhero movies like Ant-Man/Wasp, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Doctor Strange. With the exception of Thor: Ragnarok, I feel they are among the best movies I've seen from the Marvel franchise, and that includes the beloved Avengers series.

Top 5 marvel movies:

1A. Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2
1B. Thor: Ragnarok
3.  Dr. Strange
4.  Ant-Man
5.  Guardians of the Galaxy

That being said, Im kinda disappointed to hear the news on James Gunn today. But yeah, Disney/Marvel had to let him go. I'm still hoping for a very bright or very evil future for Nebula in the third installment. I'm absolutely infatuated with Her.  :-*

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 20, 2018, 22:48

Im kinda disappointed to hear the news on James Gunn today. But yeah, Disney/Marvel had to let him go.
https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1020397978736054272

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Jul 20, 2018, 00:33

Just realized that the antagonist is Hannah John-Kamen in that latest ant man movie. She played the robot girl in the Sometimes I Feel So Deserted video.

She's cropping up a lot lately. And I'm happy to see her at the movies, she's really quite captivating to watch. I definitely was paying more attention every time her eyes were on screen.

Finally saw the movie today after a busy few weeks of being unable to utilise my MoviePass. It was fun. I enjoyed all of the Wasp action. Evangeline Lily is great. And the comedy was enough to distract from my lack of suspended disbelief (lots of quantum realm shenanigans that wasn't really ever explained in a remotely sensible way - Scott's joke about simply adding 'quantum' in front of every word was spot on!)

Looking forward to the new Mission:Impossible this week, as well as the Teen Titans Go! movie. And my wife and I are planning a trip to see 'Sorry To Bother You', which looks brilliant.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 20, 2018, 22:48

That being said, Im kinda disappointed to hear the news on James Gunn today. But yeah, Disney/Marvel had to let him go.

Did they though? He said those things 10 years ago. Disney already knew about them and he apologised for the remarks 6 years ago around the time of GOTG being announced. Why are they NOW a problem that leads to his firing? It's honestly a HUGE step backwards in terms of public figures being able to make mistakes and move on. How many comedians have said awful things publicly, when they were on their way up and not having to worry as much about making their jokes more family friendly. Hell, I can think of some horrendous jokes Sarah Silverman has told in old sets. Does she deserve to be publicly shamed and ousted? She's grown as a comedian. James has (from what I understand, and believe) grown as a person. And shit if the POTUS hasn't said some equally awful things RECENTLY. Those are just brushed aside and we move on.
It's a pretty a scary time if you ask me.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 24, 2018, 00:07

Did they though? He said those things 10 years ago. Disney already knew about them and he apologised for the remarks 6 years ago around the time of GOTG being announced. Why are they NOW a problem that leads to his firing?

Disney is gonna Disney. They'll do anything to protect their image. At this present time, defending and continuing the employment of James Gunn is more detrimental than one where his employment is terminated. So it doesn't matter that an apology was made or that Disney already knew of the incident prior to hiring him. They're a thin-skinned money machine that will boot you to the curb once you bring bad press. The truth is, Guardians of Galaxy Vol 3 is already going to be a box-office success without him. I don't like their decision, but I understand it. 

I cannot agree more, Bosco.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

If the actors strike, it would create an interesting scenario that could hamstring Disney on Avengers 4.

Hey Csar, I think I remember you taking an interest in David Fincher's 'Zodiac' (I did too!). Have you checked out the TV series 'Mindhunter' on Netflix which Fincher is an executive producer and directs a few episodes? If not, let it be known I recommend you to watch it based off the likeness to 'Zodiac'.

Like "Hurdy Gurdy Man" in 'Zodiac', Fincher turns a Led Zeppelin classic, into an epic edited masterpiece that leaves you all tingly.

Spoiler
watch the damn show first don't spoil it!
Spoiler
this is the last warning
Spoiler
Here it is in it's unedited form:

Also, I want to tip my hat to the German Netflix series 'Dark'. English speakers set it for subtitles and save yourself from the English dub. Really enthralling sci-fi mystery thriller. 'Stranger Things' fans should enjoy this.
Spoiler
Not sure about the ending though.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 25, 2018, 05:42

Hey Csar, I think I remember you taking an interest in David Fincher's 'Zodiac' (I did too!). Have you checked out the TV series 'Mindhunter' on Netflix which Fincher is an executive producer and directs a few episodes? If not, let it be known I recommend you to watch it based off the likeness to 'Zodiac'.

Like "Hurdy Gurdy Man" in 'Zodiac', Fincher turns a Led Zeppelin classic, into an epic edited masterpiece that leaves you all tingly.

Spoiler
watch the damn show first don't spoil it!
Spoiler
this is the last warning
Spoiler
Here it is in it's unedited form:
You're totally right, I had a big interest in that Zodiac case and bought me the two movies about him (the 2005 Alexander Bulkley's version was the first one I watched and that kindled my curiosity) as well as the book that includes all police records and information. So, thank you for the recommendation, that's much appreciated! Will check it out.

Yeah, Hurdy Gurdy Man was so top notch in that scene. Can't wait to see what you're teasing there :)

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 25, 2018, 05:42

Also, I want to tip my hat to the German Netflix series 'Dark'. English speakers set it for subtitles and save yourself from the English dub. Really enthralling sci-fi mystery thriller. 'Stranger Things' fans should enjoy this.
Spoiler
Not sure about the ending though.
Huh, an American recommending a German show? That's something new! Too bad you don't have an as decent dub-actor industry in the US as we have in Germany.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Don't Think :)

It's been five days since the kids saw the chemicals at bluedot and there have been questions today about the show so this is best thing I can think to answer them.

Going back to the James Gunn story... Dave Bautista making a stand apparently.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1026570686762967040

This is a follow up to a letter signed by the cast in support of the rehiring of Gunn. Will be interesting to see if some of the more impactful names follow suit.

Who Is America? 

Cohen is not only the greatest actor ever, he is doing a service to humanity. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 07, 2018, 19:42

Who Is America? 

Cohen is not only the greatest actor ever, he is doing a service to humanity. 
That show is unbelievable, literally. Yet the people interviewed are too high profile to be in on it.
I'm thinking some of the skits could be staged (the quinceañera, the Mosque, among others), but anything involving politicians is just incredible. How stupid and clueless can they be ?