Do It Again

Parklife (Manchester, England) 2016

Started by Enjoyed, Feb 09, 2016, 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm listening to the set for the first time in full length. Oh my gosh, EML Ritual is da fecking bomb!!! It's so neatly mixed with HBHG. If only they could keep the first half of the original album/live 2015 build up with that deep bass kicking in at one point, then this would be a true masterpiece! The newly added effects and tweaks on EML R are just awesome and make it even more sinister as it already is. In fact, all those new effects throughout the set are crazy good!
Wizards at work. Ed seems to have a lot of fun there.
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016, 17:28 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 22, 2016, 17:26

I'm listening to the set for the first time in full length. Oh my gosh, EML Ritual is da fecking bomb!!! It's so neatly mixed with HBHG. If only they could keep the first half of the original album/live 2015 build up with that deep bass kicking in at one point, then this would be a true masterpiece! The newly added effects and tweaks on EML R are just awesome and make it even more sinister as it already is. In fact, all those new effects throughout the set are crazy good!
Wizards at work. Ed seems to have a lot of fun there.
There's still way too much Small Stone phaser everywhere in my opinion :/ On the Temptation synth for example

I think this is best I've heard Swoon and Star Guitar together. It might be the good recording capturing the extra sounds and transition. Glad they kept the sci-fi style synth as the horn replacer towards the end of star guitar totally works. Its great how they have evolved the temptation elements in there as it works well but they offered us something new at the same time.

The temptation before star guitar in CWU/2002 tour was spine tingling though and how they used the less is more approach without all the vocals was cool too.

I think I might've liked the structure of EML Ritual the first round of tours than this one maybe after HBHG it seemed more smoother. You can tell Ed is back so much more going on during in between the songs.
Last Edit: Jun 23, 2016, 11:58 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 22, 2016, 17:40

There's still way too much Small Stone phaser everywhere in my opinion :/ On the Temptation synth for example
I didn't realize they had so much more phaser effects in their older sets. Well, seems like I need to revisit some. But still, I am really pleased with the kinds of effect sounds they used in their Parklife set. It's like discovering easter eggs between their "usual" sounds. Talking about new sounds, there was a voice generator type of sound towards the end of the set. Was this an intentional sample used by the chems or a BBC sample? And I noticed a kind of sound in HBHG that sounded like a conversation of some sort. Did you guys notice that too?

Btw, here's a tiny snippet of Got Glint

Did they do some tweaks here for the Parklife set or did the Belsonic one exactly sound the same?
Last Edit: Jun 24, 2016, 10:07 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2016, 09:50

there was a voice generator type of sound towards the end of the set. Was this an intentional sample used by the chems or a BBC sample?

If you mean the "bad language" bit, I think that's Radio 1 warning us about Angry Neighbour's use of the word "funkin".

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2016, 09:50
Talking about new sounds, there was a voice generator type of sound towards the end of the set. Was this an intentional sample used by the chems or a BBC sample?"
And I noticed a kind of sound in HBHG that sounded like a conversation of some sort. Did you guys notice that too?
I think I know what you mean. It's very faint, but yes, I can hear chatter, like when you're listening to FM and you hear a bit of a different radio channel. But it's on a digital recording, so it's weird...

Btw, here's a tiny snippet of Got Glint

Did they do some tweaks here for the Parklife set or did the Belsonic one exactly sound the same?

I think it was pretty much the same

Hell  yeah  ,  Got  Glint  in  the  mix  with  bright  shiny  disco  diamond . . .

Last Edit: Jun 25, 2016, 09:50 by Fine Time
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Csar on Jun 22, 2016, 17:26

Oh my gosh, EML Ritual is da fecking bomb!!!

Too  right  mate  , . .  turn  up  the  volume  and  get  lost  in  .  .  .

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I've listened this set first time today. Holy shiiiiiiit! I like this version of EML much more! Why they turned back to 2015 version after?
It have three drops of dark energy instead of two, and this intro juno riffs/arps (yes, i'm pretty sure for 100% it's a juno) perfectly fit with first drop.
And in second drop bleeps are coming with all of the beats and bass like the studio version, and i'm also like it.
Eveything sounds strong, massive and logical, it have better arrangement for live i think.
Last Edit: Sep 24, 2016, 22:21 by Explud
Hi Kevin!