Just Get Yourself High

Upcoming Dig Your Own Hole 20 year anniversary speculation and or suggestions

Started by Bosco, May 25, 2016, 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Apr 05, 2017, 04:05

North Fucking Coast.

Or The Aragon.

Or The Riviera.

Something tells me Chicago wouldn't be on the shortlist of places they play, if they even decide to try it. Just give us 1 date in the UK, and it's still a victory (as long as it gets recorded).

But seriously, even if they had the slightest of feelings of trying something like this, now is the time while your audience is still active and willing.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Apr 05, 2017, 04:05

North Fucking Coast.

Or The Aragon.

Or The Riviera.

Doubt they'd be back at North Coast so soon.  Just give them a full 2 hour set at The Aragon or Riv like you said and that would be fantastic.  Just ordered my Silver vinyl!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 04, 2017, 22:18

most likely the radio edit version that was on the promo copy, right?

EDIT: also, the 20th anniversary album is due out in July. Suppose this doesn't close the possiblity of DYOH dedicated shows... yet.  ;D
Imagine if they do a revival of the 1997 shows, with the same gear setup and setlist... A man can dream

That's essentially what I've been implying. I only say play a dedicated DYOH set so there is an excuse in place to return to the old days  ;D

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 05, 2017, 20:16

Imagine if they do a revival of the 1997 shows, with the same gear setup and setlist... A man can dream

This!

If they ever come to the US, I would prefer a small or medium size venue. Dont want a big outside show. 5 cities would be good including Cali!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Piku on 6Music.

EDIT: Only track on the album written entirely by Tom? Had no idea.

Last Edit: Apr 07, 2017, 11:24 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Heard Get up on it like this earlier this afternoon.

Any idea what time the interview will be?

I have bbc player installed and looking at the schedule for today. No sign of chemical brothers album at all  >:D

Anyone else having similar issues?

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 07, 2017, 17:58

Heard Get up on it like this earlier this afternoon.

Any idea what time the interview will be?

No mention anywhere about an interview. Lauren Laverne barely mentioned the album. Just once before playing Piku, then again after - saying they'll be playing tracks throughout the day. I don't think it was a 'let's get the Brothers in to talk about it again!' kind of celebration. Just acknowledging that it's 20 years old.
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 21:47 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 07, 2017, 18:30

No mention anywhere about an interview. Lauren Laverne barely mentioned the album. Just once before playing Piku, then again after - saying they'll be playing tracks throughout the day. I don't think it was a 'let's get the Brothers in to talk about it again!' kind of celebration. Just acknowledging that it's 20 years old.

==>>

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 01, 2017, 14:30

They have a lot of Album Of The Day in the past weeks. It's mostly playing the complete album throughout the day, every show plays a couple if tracks with a small introducing.
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 21:47 by Enjoyed
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 07, 2017, 11:17

Piku on 6Music.

EDIT: Only track on the album written entirely by Tom? Had no idea.

Did they talk about it?

Did I also mention already that I love that album, and Emma?!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 07, 2017, 18:30

I agree! Im starting to think that its just random djs playing some of the tracks throughout the day. Not a true anniversary celebration. Besides, the bbc did one a couple of years back which was better with tom and ed sharing thoughts about it.

Nothing to see here i guess!
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 21:48 by Enjoyed

Setlist:

1)BRB
2)DYOH
3)Bank
4) Piku
5) Sun (with Noel)
6) IDM
7) Rock
8) GUOILT
9) K
10) WDIB (with Beth and a power drill solo)
11) This Is Not A Game

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Apr 07, 2017, 21:35

Setlist:

1)BRB
2)DYOH
3)Bank
4) Piku
5) Sun (with Noel)
6) IDM
7) Rock
8) GUOILT
9) K
10) WDIB (with Beth and a power drill solo)
11) This Is Not A Game

Link?

Edit: I'm sure theres a replay of this maybe!

Quote from: Explud on Apr 08, 2017, 23:28

I want my Blu-Ray copy of Further Visuals!
2030!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The singles are up on Qobuz in 16 bit lossless, but nothing new on them. I don't know if they've been remastered or what.

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/where-do-i-begin-the-chemical-brothers/0060255761047

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/block-rockin-beats-the-chemical-brothers/0060255761046

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/setting-sun-the-chemical-brothers/0060255761045

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/elektrobank-the-chemical-brothers/0060255761048

My only issue is Block Rockin' Beats and Elektrobank being £12.47 each. A bit pricey for a several track EP. In case you wanna save a couple of pounds, if you purchase the tracks separately, it'll actually be slightly cheaper.

Oh, and Elektrobank comes with both Not Another Drugstore and Not Another Drugstore  (Planet Nine Mix).

Well, it's interesting to finally hear the radio edit of Where Do I Begin for the first time.
Never for money, always for love.

Well I bought the Where Do I Begin 2 track since I do not have that and then I just bought Not Another Drugstore and Planet Nine Mix to A/B them with my FLAC CD rips and they are the same masters. I don't hear anything to make me think they were touched and the volumes match.