Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

Trespass Against Us

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jan 17, 2016, 21:42

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if they're going to release it or not but there's a load of more typical Chemical Brothers stuff that he made for us that never made it to the film that are great, great tunes.

I book a plane to London, pay a cab to the RAR-Studios and throw exact every 15 minutes a lemon at Tom's head if he decides not to release it!
no idea, no idea

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

An edit of the yellow car chase with the closest thing to a "Chemical" tune on the soundtrack.

https://twitter.com/Film4/status/835097197909692417
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 24, 2017, 13:31

An edit of the yellow car chase with the closest thing to a "Chemical" tune on the soundtrack.

Oooo I like that!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 24, 2017, 13:31

Skyscraper, did they use those cues from the trailer I posted on the previous page too?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 28, 2017, 13:37

Skyscraper, did they use those cues from the trailer I posted on the previous page too?

I think so, that slightly seasick sound is familiar. It's a while since I've seen the film now. I can't help thinking that some other people around here have seen the film more recently than me. It's starting to hit cinemas comercially this Friday. Maybe those people could pretend they saw it legally and let us know their thoughts (!).

Incidentally, following on from the american Guardian.com review a while ago, this piece was in my newspaper on Saturday: Another British gangster movie...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Film is out today in France !

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 01, 2017, 14:22

I think so, that slightly seasick sound is familiar. It's a while since I've seen the film now. I can't help thinking that some other people around here have seen the film more recently than me. It's starting to hit cinemas comercially this Friday. Maybe those people could pretend they saw it legally and let us know their thoughts (!).

Incidentally, following on from the american Guardian.com review a while ago, this piece was in my newspaper on Saturday: Another British gangster movie...

Thanks! I like these cues, they're subtle but noticeably Rowlandsih. I wonder when this movie will come to the silver screen here in Germany, because I can't find any German release dates yet.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 01, 2017, 14:22

It's starting to hit cinemas comercially this Friday. Maybe people could...let us know their thoughts

Well I was hoping that some of you might have voiced an opinion on this one by now; I don't really want to dominate this thread. The film came and went here in the space of about ten days. But at that same time it was released on DVD/Bluray in the USA, and also for rental from Amazon.com. Initially you could rent it for the price of a milkshake at Jack Rabbit Slims, and now it's even cheaper at 99 cents, or free if you avail of Amazon's 30 days free trial of Prime. So surely some of you American forumites have watched it by now?!?

Critical opinion on Rotten Tomatoes is mixed with a score of 57%. Did some of you dislike it so much you didn't even want to come here and say it? Well maybe...

Having seen it a second time, my thoughts on the music are that the second half of the film is dominated by the "sting quartet" type stuff whilst the first half has more of the exciting/interesting electronic bits & pieces.

Csar, if you're reading this I can confirm that the default music on the Website is in there, as is all the music on the first trailer. But the
has some stuff that I don't think made it on to the cinematic relaese, namely the bits from 0.55 to 01.14 and from 1.25 to 1.50. Which is a shame because they perhaps best represent the kind of thing I would have liked as a Tom/Chemical soundtrack.

According to Fanboy Nation, on the Bluray there are "a couple of special features. One is a featurette about the making of the film...The other featurette explores the film's soundtrack by the Chemical Brothers and it also dives into Adam Smith's longstanding working relationship with the electronic musicians." I wonder if the bits I mentioned from the second trailer, (and perhaps more) might feature on the Bluray. If anyone feels like parting with 11 bucks to find out, please let us know. I wonder if a clever person would be able to rip some of the audio from the Bluray...

In related news, Adam did some interviews to promote the film, and was asked about future projects, as you can see in this ropey youtube clip he says he is working on something with Wiley at the moment, i.e
. And he says he is working on another project too. I suspect the other project is Plug Me In for 2018. See HERE at 22.55 just before the end. Tom & Adam were -according to ChemBros twitter- also taking part in that talk, but their bit doesn't appear to have been recorded.
Last Edit: Mar 27, 2017, 18:20 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 27, 2017, 18:14

Amazon Prime
Oh! I'll watch it tonight then.

I haven't seen it yet since it's felt the film was in production... still in production... and suddenly screened, released in a much smaller release than I expected, then out like a light. Wasn't keeping track of it with the bumpy release schedule.

I've not seen / heard anything except what I've read here, and the car chase sequence, so I'll let you know what I think.
Never for money, always for love.

I don't understand the way this film being released.
This is an English film which had it's theathrical release early march 2017 (I think) and will be getting the bluray release early july.
On the other side of the ocean it's already released on bluray and it's allready on sale (!!!) on amazon digital.
And there is still souncdtrack/score released on either cd, vinyl or digital which makes me believe there never will.

So what's up with this film? Anyone any ideas on this strange release? I'm waiting for the bluray cause of before mentioned extra's. And really curiuos about the Tom score.

Well I was hoping that some of you might have voiced an opinion on this one by now; I don't really want to dominate this thread. The film came and went here in the space of about ten days.
Having seen it a second time, my thoughts on the music are that the second half of the film is dominated by the "sting quartet" type stuff whilst the first half has more of the exciting/interesting electronic bits & pieces.
I wished I could already share my opinion on it but it's still not released here in Germany. I tend to believe it will never get released here..

Csar, if you're reading this I can confirm that the default music on the Website is in there, as is all the music on the first trailer. But the
has some stuff that I don't think made it on to the cinematic relaese, namely the bits from 0.55 to 01.14 and from 1.25 to 1.50. Which is a shame because they perhaps best represent the kind of thing I would have liked as a Tom/Chemical soundtrack.
That's a bummer. I really liked that bit and it was subtle enough in my opinion to fit Adam's notion for a less tradional Chemical but still noticeably Tom-kind-of-score that feels sort of ageless.

According to Fanboy Nation, on the Bluray there are "a couple of special features. One is a featurette about the making of the film...The other featurette explores the film's soundtrack by the Chemical Brothers and it also dives into Adam Smith's longstanding working relationship with the electronic musicians." I wonder if the bits I mentioned from the second trailer, (and perhaps more) might feature on the Bluray. If anyone feels like parting with 11 bucks to find out, please let us know. I wonder if a clever person would be able to rip some of the audio from the Bluray...
Since this will probably be my only chance to watch it, as it looks like, this would be a terrific bonus treat! Hopefully it's going to be a region-free release (with subtitles, because, you know, dialect 'n stuff :D).

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 01, 2017, 11:28

I don't understand the way this film being released.
This is an English film which had it's theathrical release early march 2017 (I think) and will be getting the bluray release early july.
On the other side of the ocean it's already released on bluray and it's allready on sale (!!!) on amazon digital.
And there is still souncdtrack/score released on either cd, vinyl or digital which makes me believe there never will.

So what's up with this film? Anyone any ideas on this strange release? I'm waiting for the bluray cause of before mentioned extra's. And really curiuos about the Tom score.

Yeah, that's really weird. It feels more like a local independent type of movie that's being treated with ignorance by the big companies.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 13:11 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

https://www.creativereview.co.uk/just-make-things-make-things-make-things-adam-smith-directing/

A (quite fantastic) interview with Adam Smith that flew past us.

Oh, right, still need to watch this damn film - I have time tomorrow niiiight!

Hi guys, does anybody know who played that electronic sound+Cello during fassbender's drive through car demolition?? I can't find anything about that part in the movie..

It's part of Tom's score for the film. Probably will never be released.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 31, 2017, 21:11

Probably will never be released.
Off with your head!
no idea, no idea

:'( there must be somehow I can get that song out from somewhere!!

I finally got to see the movie! Well, it was sort of a tough watch, to be honest. The tone was a bit depressing (did have some funny parts too) and I was always hoping he could get out of all this mess and free himself and his family (maybe he did by what he did at the end?).
The soundtrack was subtle and calmer than I expected but I really liked Tom's
and electronic underscored parts like the burglary scene. I was hoping during the credits the main theme would come up one last time, maybe as sort of an extended version, but sadly it didn't. This needs to get a release in one form or another in my opinion.
— Aurora (The Seed)