I'll Take You Along With Me

9. September 2016, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

Started by Stefan, May 04, 2016, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Any German fans going who can buy an extra ticket and post it to me to avoid the outrageous shipping costs?

Quote from: Joslyn on May 07, 2016, 09:22

HOLY SHIT!!!! :o I have to pay € 14,90 for shipping the ticket to the Netherlands? What happened to email and printing a ticket? That's Bullcrap! € 75,- is too expensive, than Pukkelpop is the better option.
Ze Germans are keeping foreigners from coming to their shows

Wow that's insane!

If you can wait (which i'm pretty sure you can, because i can't see this sell out THAT soon) - you can buy tickets for this from other major retailers (Eventim etc.) from 13 May.

I don't know whether they'll be even more expensive (i doubt it hah 60€ is already quiet a lot), but you could definitely save some shipping costs (eventim pretty much ALWAYS has some Kind of print out thing going)
Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 14:45 by ChemicalBob

Thanks for that tip. I'm familair with Evenmin. How Come you think it won't selling out soon? It's a small venue.

Quote from: Joslyn on May 07, 2016, 15:07

Thanks for that tip. I'm familair with Evenmin. How Come you think it won't selling out soon? It's a small venue.

I'm just guessing from the Facebook Event, which has only like 100 subscribers right now hah

Quote from: Joslyn on May 07, 2016, 09:05

Where? Paladium? Or E-werk(that would be cool). OK
E-Werk is to small (even though I love that location). They've played the palladium before and I think it is a very good location for them - not too big, not to small. But right now there are no concerts in that venue because of a stupid city government
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ChemicalBob on May 07, 2016, 14:43

Wow that's insane!

If you can wait (which i'm pretty sure you can, because i can't see this sell out THAT soon) - you can buy tickets for this from other major retailers (Eventim etc.) from 13 May.

I don't know whether they'll be even more expensive (i doubt it hah 60€ is already quiet a lot), but you could definitely save some shipping costs (eventim pretty much ALWAYS has some Kind of print out thing going)

F#cking Hell! Eventim also charges € 16,- for shipping. But I bought a ticket thru ticketmaster.de. The venue looks so cool, I know people who've been there voor the RockHard festival and they say it's a very intimate place with very good sight on the stage no matter where you are standing.
Hopefully I can get half way so I can oversee the visuals in the best way.

I'm going solo cause of the price so a forum meet up would be cool.
(to avoid any dissapointments I'm not a 20 year old girl (which some forummers thought I was in earlier meet ups) but a 38 young man, fan since 1996) :)

Guess who got his tickets in the mailbox...

no idea, no idea

Mine were just delivered

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 17, 2016, 20:20

Guess who got his tickets in the mailbox...

You got yours emailed. How?

Quote from: Joslyn on May 18, 2016, 18:13

Mine were just delivered

You got yours emailed. How?

I reckon he meant in his real mailbox, dispatched. So, this is going to be a nice little forum gathering, aye? I'll be there too! It's the most expensive Chems show I've ever been too. As a matter of fact, it's the most expensive concert I've ever been to.

And yes, I'm totally disappointed and will be hiding from you, Joslyn, for your not being a woman. Not even a 38 woman. :P
Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 18:33 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 18, 2016, 18:24

Quote from: Joslyn on May 18, 2016, 18:13

You got yours emailed.
I reckon he meant in his real mailbox, dispatched.
What Csar said

So, this is going to be a nice little forum gathering, aye?
I'm in - or i'd say i'm in and then wont show up but instead observe from a distance and write an article about all you people for the Chemical Morning Post or the Chemical Evening Standard

(1) It's the most expensive Chems show I've ever been too. (2) As a matter of fact, it's the most expensive concert I've ever been to.
(1) Yes
(2) That would be Rammstein for me(67,70€). Even Eric Clapton only want's 82DM (about 41€) from my wallet. But i've taken a look at my old Bizarre Festival 2002 ticket where i saw the Brothers for the first time (and that was the end of my musical career in rock music  ;D ;D ;D ), and it says 89€ (5 days of camping and three days of glorious live music) - so 59€ for a single concert is a fucking announcement.

And yes, I'm totally disappointed and will be hiding from you, Joslyn, for your not being a woman.
Yes, that's a bit of a bummer  ;D
Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 18:53 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

If you're a female and make it as far to this forum, you're automatically in line for sainthood.

Alright, I finally gave in to the temptation and bought a ticket. Time to plan a trip to the Ruhrpott.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 10, 2016, 23:25

Alright, I finally gave in to the temptation and bought a ticket. Time to plan a trip to the Ruhrpott.

So I can call off the robots that were unleashed to track you down?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My ticket was in the mail today ;D

Quote from: Csar on Jun 11, 2016, 09:32

So I can call off the robots that were unleashed to track you down?
No need to call them off. I like robots, especially those dancing under the influence.

Got my Tickets a while ago as well and talked some friends into going as well hah

I would still like to know how this booking happened in the first place... I mean it seems like this is their only solo/not-Festival show up to this point and the venue is what i would call... "unusual". The fact that their only solo-show of this tour takes place in Gelsenkirchen seems so odd haha (Columbiahalle Berlin or some other major german city would make so much more sense)

Looking at the Facebook event, which only has about 300 subscribers, i'm starting to think this wasn't the wisest booking choice ever made.

ANYWAY: It's The Brothers, It's a solo-show, It's near me, I'm hyped!

Just bought my tickets! Would be cool to meet up with you guys!

Quote from: ChemicalBob on Jul 06, 2016, 09:42

I would still like to know how this booking happened in the first place... I mean it seems like this is their only solo/not-Festival show up to this point and the venue is what i would call... "unusual". The fact that their only solo-show of this tour takes place in Gelsenkirchen seems so odd haha (Columbiahalle Berlin or some other major german city would make so much more sense)

Looking at the Facebook event, which only has about 300 subscribers, i'm starting to think this wasn't the wisest booking choice ever made.

ANYWAY: It's The Brothers, It's a solo-show, It's near me, I'm hyped!
Well that's the thing, it's the booker's job to make sure they make money on the show, isn't it? Basically, The Chemical Brothers will play any show if they're sure to get their money and it fits with their schedule and vibe. Anything after that is the venue and bookers making up that cost.

You're going to have a great time ChemicalBob. Prepare for the Reel!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: toxic on Jul 06, 2016, 18:47

Just bought my tickets! Would be cool to meet up with you guys!

Carpool?

:)  Ooh yeah. .  I've  got  myself  a  ticket   :)  I think this will be a great show   :)

The last decent Chemical Brothers concert i went to was 2007 Birmingham NIA (uk),  I did see them at Creamfields 2011 but it had rained so heavily all day. .  it killed the vibe a bit , and I didn't think the sound quality was great.

Proper  excited  to  be  seeing  them  at  this  Amphitheatre  venue.
Last Edit: Jul 06, 2016, 20:32 by Fine Time
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I hope the sun will have set at the time they're going to be onstage. My last experience dates back to 2008 where they played that nice venue in Berlin, the Citadel in Spandau. While the venue was really gorgeous, it was kind of weird to see them playing in a rather natural ambient light setting as dawn took a while to break that summer night. I need it dark so the visuals can really pop and create that special atmosphere which their sets inhere.

This looks like it's going to be fun with quite some forumites possibly meeting up!
— Aurora (The Seed)