Get Up On It Like This

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

So romantic, so pure.. but, sadly, for you, it's on russian language(((
Maybe you'll enjoy musical part.. maybe

P.S. And there is so much irony and ethnic things in the video, so it's pretty funny
Hi Kevin!

At some point I've probably mentioned one of my favourite Breaks 12" is SCAM's double-A side of Put Your Hands Up/Acid Love. But I have only recently realised that the acid parts of Acid Love were sampled (i.e raided wholesale) from an old 1988 acid track I didn't know. And I've got to say that the '88 track sounds pretty fresh to these ears. Thirty years old? What?

ZSA ZSA LABOUM - "Something Scary"

Now, Ms Avalon Emerson (whose "One More Flourescent Rush" track I posted here back in December) seems to like this track too, as she did her own re-redit of it in 2014:

If you open her video in youtube and hit the full description you'll find a link to download that re-edit in WAV.
Or even better, if you go HERE (and scroll down) you'll find this track plus 12 others (a mixture of re-edits and Avalon's own tunes) available for free download in MP3 & WAV.
And in fact, as I've just discovered, if you go HERE and HERE and HERE there's even more free stuff to download. Quite a broad range of re-edits here: from Dusty Springfield to Technotronic.
I can't help thinking if/when Avalon becomes a big name, she'll have to remove a lot of this stuff. She's DJ-ing at some festivals this summer (incl Field Day here in London), and I really think her star is rising.
And finally, other than "...Flourescent Rush" this is my other fave tune from Avalon (from 2015):

"Sword And Rose Forever"

IT'S MORNING TIME!

FC/Kahuna - Hayling (feat. Hafdis Huld)

no idea, no idea

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

RTJ3's instrumentals were just unleashed! A testimony of El-P's production talent

It's funny that Legend has it was chosen for the Black Panther trailer over this, but both tracks are bangers

Took me a while to warm up to this band but now that the album is out I got to listen to them properly.
This track is probably my favourite. Hazed out and trippy random production.

The last time I heard this sample was from a Justice DJ mix at the start which this band has moulded into a whole song ('something for your mind'):

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

these are exactly the two songs i like of them
no idea, no idea

Funny, I was listening to their album when I came on this thread. I like it but most this sound more or less the same

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 04, 2018, 10:59

Funny, I was listening to their album when I came on this thread. I like it but most this sound more or less the same

It kind of reminded me of when MGMT first started with the whole dystopian trippy youth thing going on with the lyrics as well. They show potential but the album could've been a little better, just a little more time on the songs/production and would've been really good.

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 04, 2018, 12:26

It kind of reminded me of when MGMT first started with the whole dystopian trippy youth thing going on with the lyrics as well. They show potential but the album could've been a little better, just a little more time on the songs/production and would've been really good.
Yeah, the album is not bad by any means, there are a few great tracks, but it's not perfect. I wonder if they will do a second album.

I really liked the last track on the album, that sounds very different from the rest. I can really relate to some of the lyrics of that track, too.

Are these guys still in high school?? Not bad live, I thought they were miming at first but the recording and technology used these days in live performances its hard to tell.

Cypress Hill - Boom Biddy Bye Bye

Last Edit: Mar 14, 2018, 23:35 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Q-Tip & Demi Lovato -Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John Cover)

no idea, no idea

Beach House - Lemon Glow

no idea, no idea

Perfection with bootsy collins, tyler the creator. I can't wait for her album. Lyrics on point too.

So Patrick "I-Feel-Love-remixer" Cowley also released his own records. Like the one below which I've only recently heard. It's actually a cover version of an old 1969 rock track by Spirit (maybe it was big in America?). It sounds a bit dated itself now (from 1981) but nonetheless, I'm digging it.

I Got A Line On You

IT'S MORNING TIME!