And the Darkness That You Fear Will Disappear

I'll See You There

Started by hstn, Jun 30, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
In all honesty I don't think it gets more Chemical than this. Whirling synths, crazy drums, screeching, definitely pure Chemical Bros.

The visuals doe.
Last Edit: Aug 28, 2015, 14:29 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

The song + visuals is one of the best parts of the show. I like the art direction for this tour. Very... theatrical!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sounds a bit like a Chems remix of Oasis -  Falling Down
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

:o it actually does!

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 30, 2015, 22:58

it sounds a bit like a Chems remix of Oasis -  Falling Down
Yeah, it does sound like the remix was something they revisited.

Quote from: hstn on Jun 30, 2015, 22:25

The visuals doe. (does anyone think this was originally Here Comes The Drums? It sounds like something that could've been on Come With Us)

That part where only the break is playing  also made me think "hmm....I wonder if that part was originally here come the drums?......nah!"
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

No. "Saturate" is "Here Come The Drums". "Dissolve" is "Here Come The Drums". Or maybe "Don't Think" it is, it too have heavy drums.
Hi Kevin!

Such a fantastic track. Just this and EML Ritual are enough reasons that the album will be amazing.

Quote from: Explud on Jul 01, 2015, 08:25

No. "Saturate" is "Here Come The Drums". "Dissolve" is "Here Come The Drums". Or maybe "Don't Think" it is, it too have heavy drums.

So, what about that unreleased track?

This was also called Here Come The Drums on the New Comprehensive List thread on the old forum.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Read a couple of reviews that said this song was similar to The Beatles Tomorrow Never Knows, and it's the first thing I thought of when I listened to the album. Great track.

Following on from the Pitchfork review on the "Articles..." thread, the vocal for I'll See You There is taken from crazy Canadian poet Bill Blissett (& Dennis Corney's) album Unmatching Phenomena 1, track 10: Th Ground is a Prspektiv. You can hear a bit of it on itunes or Amazon. But I think you'll have to buy the track to hear the actual sample.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ford on Jul 15, 2015, 14:21

Read a couple of reviews that said this song was similar to The Beatles Tomorrow Never Knows, and it's the first thing I thought of when I listened to the album. Great track.

This.

Although they have took influence from that track a few times now. All good though.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2015, 15:19

Following on from the Pitchfork review on the "Articles..." thread, the vocal for I'll See You There is taken from crazy Canadian poet Bill Blissett (& Dennis Corney's) album Unmatching Phenomena 1, track 10: Th Ground is a Prspektiv. You can hear a bit of it on itunes or Amazon. But I think you'll have to buy the track to hear the actual sample.

Ah cool they sampled from the same guy they sampled for We Are The Night

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2015, 15:19

That voice sounds like Mr Slave from South Park

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 15, 2015, 20:57

That voice sounds like Mr Slave from South Park

"Oh Jeezuth Christ!"
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

sequel to "Setting Sun" which is the sequel to "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the sample working as some sort of doppleganger to the mantra of "Across The Universe."  Or something.

Those drums and backwards(?) noises though...

This is the most DYOH like song that isn't on DYOH. I "understand" the song structure at this point. They should play Rize Up after this song, live, instead of Believe... or Just Bang. Just Bangggggggg!!!!!!

This track just brought back every reason I fell in love with the chems 20 years ago. How great is it to still have that beautiful sound coursing through your brain?

Honestly this entire album is amazing.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jul 18, 2015, 02:33

sequel to "Setting Sun" which is the sequel to "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the sample working as some sort of doppleganger to the mantra of "Across The Universe."  Or something.

Those drums and backwards(?) noises though...
Where does Let Forever Be fall in there? :3