Born In the Echoes

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: satur8 on Mar 08, 2017, 20:07

Anyone watching Legion on FX?

Its layered and creative storytelling are on par with the quality of Netflix originals, and it falls under the X-Men mythos. I highly recommend it.

Haven't seen Legion but I know the series is based off of characters created by the artist Bill Sienkiewicz, who's work I'm quite fond of.

here is a pinterest page with a lot of his art work:

https://www.pinterest.com/johanklingler/bill-sienkiewicz-art/

I'm really not much into comics or anything, but I find his style and interpretation fascinating for just about anything he creates.

His take on the Joker is just incredible

Last Edit: Mar 09, 2017, 04:24 by Bosco

Has anyone seen the movie The Invitation? It's on Netflix.

Fairly disturbing. Anyone else had the chance to watch it?

I don't know if I want this. Unless we get a Chemical soundtrack every episode.
(I never watched Fargo the TV series either. How could it possibly be better than the film?)

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/839951430668648449
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Iron fist thoughts?

The opening song is a rip off of daft punks tron soundtrack for sure. Especially towards the end. Almost note by note.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Did i mention this short before?

The Gunfighter

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 24, 2016, 08:06

Usually I'm very wary of adaptations from my favourite books, but this trailer for American Gods (which is one of my all-time favourites) looks really good:

I find myself surprised by looking forward to the show.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/american-gods-tv-series-neil-gaiman-review-a7638961.html
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 18, 2017, 00:16

Iron fist thoughts?

The opening song is a rip off of daft punks tron soundtrack for sure. Especially towards the end. Almost note by note.

We're six in and I am enjoying it. I can't imagine what the negative reviewers were expecting. What are your thoughts?

I noticed some similarity in the opening title music only after reading your post...it didn't strike me as a direct rip off.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 18, 2017, 14:52

Did i mention this short before?

The Gunfighter

Brilliant!
Thanks for sharing.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: satur8 on Mar 20, 2017, 12:51

We're six in and I am enjoying it. I can't imagine what the negative reviewers were expecting. What are your thoughts?

I noticed some similarity in the opening title music only after reading your post...it didn't strike me as a direct rip off.

I didn't mind it. I do like how they have the key characters that link all the marvel universe/characters worlds together like the lawyer, the nurse and gao? (the manipulative elder chinese woman). I still liked Dare Devil (A great improvement than that diabolical shambles of a movie with Ben Affleck) a bit better and Jessica Jones was OK. I feel some episodes aren't necessary but you still want to know what happens with the bigger storyline brewing amongst the little ones with the characters.

When I heard it I was referring to this track at 2:06 in for the almost note by note part. (and the blue laser tracings on the fighter in the titles triggered my memory too probably)

Just watched the ghost in the shell movie. As I feared. Basically 2 words to describe it: Hot Mess. What I feared was that the story line has been far too simplified and all the mystery gone just to try please maybe a mainstream western audience perhaps. Even the Matrix was far more philosophical than this. There are moments where it visually looks pretty like the water scene and the jump intro scene but thats about it for me.

T2 - good.  Not as great as the original, but really fucking good. 

Get Out - fucking excellent.

The Big Short - a movie about the estate crash back in 2007. Brilliant.

The Nice Guys - Fun for a movie evening with your friends.

Nocturnal Animals - That movie was strange, interesting and boring at the same time. Would not see this again.
no idea, no idea

American Gods started pretty well, anyone seen it?

Yep, the first episode looks great!
However without having read the book I think I would be quite confused.

Quote from: sandelic on May 04, 2017, 19:05

American Gods started pretty well, anyone seen it?
A pal of me is reading the book and she thinks it is really good (the book). Thinking abot watching the series together with her
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on May 04, 2017, 19:53

However without having read the book I think I would be quite confused.
I think I would be confused too, but also interested in seeing where it's going, can't wait for other episodes, I wonder how many they'll do
It's also been ages since I've read the book, I forgot half of it...
Kudos to them for not skipping that sex scene, it's done quite well :)
Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:36 by sandelic

American Gods is excellent! I love Neil Gaiman not just for how he crafts his words in such a way that paints a strikingly vivid picture in the mind's eye, but how the reader becomes so emotionally invested in the characters. It has been a while since I've read the book and I can see how the show might be confusing. Then again, the story (book) is a constant reveal in story arch and involved character development. The book is not really an easy read but it is hard to put down. Those who read it, even a long time ago, know it's premise and as the story is told on the show, there is that familiarity from having been acquainted with the story. I hope those watching the show stick with it to see where it goes. Anyway, I'm excited for the show, and I'm excited to see how it interprets the book. Plus I dig the hell out of Ian McShane. And Ricky Whittle who plays Shadow Moon... well, him being easy on the eyes certainly doesn't hurt. ;)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I get the feeling that the supporting cast is gonna stop Wonder Woman from bombing. However I hope it won't have lots of songs like the one in this trailer:

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/861391254550007809

^ Didn't embed because: emojis.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm quietly hopeful that WW will follow along the path of Captain America - a superhero I didn't know much about, in a movie set in the past (something I'm generally not that interested in seeing) that ended up being one of the best Marvel movies.

The songs are surely just for the trailer? We hope...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning